Ez's AAF Creature Idles

View File

This is an AAF plugin for modders.

The purpose is to give modders an easy way to relay animations for creatures to AAF.

I have created IDLE records for most vanilla creature types (I will do DLC creatures if requested), and created barebones XMLs for AAF to reference.

In order to make use of the IDLE records, simply load the .esp in xEdit and replace the GNAM record with your own .hkx animation file.

Also, if you make new _NPC entries for male/female versions of creatures, make sure to check the appropriate box (Female on Actor page in GECK; should return GetIsSex 1/0 in console).

NOTES

> I am brand new to this, and most of what is done here is copying what I see from other people's work. Some of this stuff I understand, some I don't. I'm happy to take feedback and put in work to help anybody who would like to make use of this.

> I have used the "Attack1.hkx" animation for most creatures. Some do not have it, in which case I chose an animation that will hopefully help the user determine whether the animation is being successfully called by AAF.

I hope this is useful to somebody! Again, please reach out to me if you would like me to expand on this.

SPECIAL THANKS to Halstrom for encouraging me to get this going!

View File