Issues with CC hair and eyes since the new patch.

Seems there's a huge problem with CC hair and eyes in the new patch. The swatches don't seem to change the hair or eye color. Some have reported that this is on hair with alpha, while other are reporting that the problem exists with default game hair as well. It's reported on the Sims 4 Studio forum that setting the "Valid for random" flag will fix the issue for most hair, but apparently that doesn't work for eyes.

Just thought I'd post a heads up just in case some of you are running into issues. It's making the rounds on the EA forum as well.

53 minutes ago, Mariana Soprano said:

Yessss my bro!

10_10.18_14-09-21Paint.png.025e5976308c81851ab594bbad1cad17.png

not really there is a lot of related bugs , CC hair were killed you need to change  sim game files in order to fix it

and new bug, Auto Aging sims by entering in Cas .

https://twitter.com/simgurunick?lang=es thats one the top EA guys relating the amount of bugs and issues with new patch, Get famous, not the 13 of november one.

that's why was better wait before dare to patch

So I updated my game after all my preferred mods were updated, and right as it finished updating I found out about all the bugs. I'm just gonna wait until EA releases another patch before I open up my game because I really don't want anything to get messed up. No biggie, I'll just play Witcher 3 in the mean time. ?‍♂️

Been playing my saves just fine even did a save and loaded it to see if it would mess it up... nope didn't mess anything up on my end and porky i use alot of the cc you used to make your overhaul sims townies... so think you prolly be good to play atleast. what I am noticing is that hair and eyes won't show the color of the swatches in cas.. but once in game they show up fine on the sims. but i also did not buy get famous either.. so that might account for my saves being fine.

2 hours ago, Excorsion said:

Been playing my saves just fine even did a save and loaded it to see if it would mess it up... nope didn't mess anything up on my end and porky i use alot of the cc you used to make your overhaul sims townies... so think you prolly be good to play atleast. what I am noticing is that hair and eyes won't show the color of the swatches in cas.. but once in game they show up fine on the sims. but i also did not buy get famous either.. so that might account for my saves being fine.

Oh, so maybe the bugs are only showing up for people that've downloaded Get Famous? I'll check my game and see what happens.

8 hours ago, igor2540 said:

not really there is a lot of related bugs , CC hair were killed you need to change  sim game files in order to fix it

and new bug, Auto Aging sims by entering in Cas .

https://twitter.com/simgurunick?lang=es thats one the top EA guys relating the amount of bugs and issues with new patch, Get famous, not the 13 of november one.

that's why was better wait before dare to patch

hey, I am waiting, I've not updated my game at all, and won't till this is sorted. Can anyone tell me if this will harm my game/render it unplayable?

1 hour ago, Too_Funky1987 said:

hey, I am waiting, I've not updated my game at all, and won't till this is sorted. Can anyone tell me if this will harm my game/render it unplayable?

you don't have to update if you don't want to.. just stay offline when you play. But honestly I did not buy get famous and updated and my game is still fine.. the Hair bug that I have is not that the hair is killing my saves.. it just doesn't show the different swatches in cas so you have to pick a white box til you find the color you want but ingame the hairs are fine and I'm running alot of CC.

13 hours ago, Too_Funky1987 said:

always is cool wait at least one week,before patching,  when related bugs were fixed.  not because you cannot patch. is to protect save files with cc being corrupted and need to install all from zero again.

Archived