Angrim's Apprentice SE support

I have converted the mod Angrim's Apprentice for Special Edition, and @stobor has graciously posted it on his main page, found here:

As he doesn't want his forum clogged with questions about the SE version, technical or otherwise, I will be fielding those questions here. As stobor maintains the LE version, I will be maintaining the SE version, and working close with stobor to pass any necessary updates or tweaks to him for post.
Keep in mind I am merely maintaining an SE version. Therefore, there won't be any changes, updates, or new features made to the mod unless stobor makes them first in the LE version.

I loaded the SE version of the mod into Mod Organizer 2 and all of the needed items.  Using Alternate start I started in the Bannered Mare and traveled to his lair.  He gives me a standard greeting but doesn't talk.  Also none of the people in Whiterun had any dialogue about him as they do in standard Skyrim.  All the books are there and you get the Daedric Dalliance and Succubus quests but nothing else.  I didn't follow up on those quests so not sure if they work.

Oof, that... I'm not so sure about. I don't use any form of mod manager or mod organizer (aside from Wrye Bash), so I tend to arrange load order manually. However, I could probably help with a few details. First, what other mods are you running that potentially alter dialogue options? Second, did you make sure that any SL/DD/ZaZ dependent mods, including this one, are part of the late stage (near the bottom) area of the load order? Third, are you using any form of merged or custom bash patch?

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
1 hour ago, captjack208 said:

So is there a port for DDI and DDA for SE or are they good to go already minus the saving it in CK and NIF optimization?

There is indeed, even for the most recent update. In the future, check the SSE Conversion Tracking thread to see what LL mods have been converted for SE and any updates they may have, found here:
https://www.loverslab.com/topic/94228-sse-conversion-tracking-mar-20-sexlab-updated-net-script-framework-not-yet-see-first-post/

• 2 weeks later...

I've got this persistent problem I'm not sure how to fix.

I got to the end of the AA story arc with a succubus character. Now the magicka is permanently dropping, no matter what the satiation rank is set to. It won't update on its own, I have to manually reset it. But even if I set it to 72, the character is still in the red on Magicka, and the game reports a hefty penalty on her magicka, which steadily drops over time.

Is there a flag or a stage that needs to be checked, or something? I'm very confused at this point. The AA story is over, the character should be generating positive magicka bonuses with all the sleeping around she's doing. But no, nothing I do changes her red magicka score, which is always decrementing. And she's had zero healing power ever since, as well. So it's definitely something messed up with that mechanic.

Any ideas?

11 hours ago, Kitsudragon said:

I've got this persistent problem I'm not sure how to fix.

I got to the end of the AA story arc with a succubus character. Now the magicka is permanently dropping, no matter what the satiation rank is set to. It won't update on its own, I have to manually reset it. But even if I set it to 72, the character is still in the red on Magicka, and the game reports a hefty penalty on her magicka, which steadily drops over time.

Is there a flag or a stage that needs to be checked, or something? I'm very confused at this point. The AA story is over, the character should be generating positive magicka bonuses with all the sleeping around she's doing. But no, nothing I do changes her red magicka score, which is always decrementing. And she's had zero healing power ever since, as well. So it's definitely something messed up with that mechanic.

Any ideas?

Hmm, I'm gonna have to talk with stobor about this one. I didn't have such problem when I was still running a succubus, but at the same time I may have been running a different mod load as well. While I do that, do you thing you could post your mod load order and your Papyrus log?

Okay, assuming this works, this is the mod list. Note that I put Angrim's Apprentice at the bottom of the mod list to ensure nothing overwrote it. Still have the same problem.

GameMode=SkyrimSE

Skyrim.esm=1
Update.esm=1
Dawnguard.esm=1
HearthFires.esm=1
Dragonborn.esm=1
ccbgssse010-petdwarvenarmoredmudcrab.esl=1
Unofficial Skyrim Special Edition Patch.esp=1
CreatureFramework.esm=1
AOM.esm=1
Campfire.esm=1
RaceCompatibility.esm=1
ZaZAnimationPack.esm=1
SexLab.esm=1
Devious Devices - Assets.esm=1
SexLabAroused.esm=1
Devious Devices - Integration.esm=1
daymoyl.esm=1
FlowerGirls SE.esm=1
FlowerGirls SE - BDSM.esm=1
Skyrim Adventurer's Tent.esm=1
JSwords.esm=1
Magicka Sabers.esm=1
FM - UCM Interior.esm=1
Schlongs of Skyrim - Core.esm=1
Devious Devices - Expansion.esm=1
PSQ PlayerSuccubusQuest.esm=1
GRIM Wednesday Addams.esl=1
SkyUI_SE.esp=1
dD - Enhanced Blood Main.esp=1
FNIS.esp=1
FNISSexyMove.esp=1
SLPleasure.esp=1
SLAL_AnimationsByLeito.esp=1
KomAnimObjects.esp=1
SLAnimLoader.esp=1
Skyrim_Strap_Ons.esp=1
dD - Realistic Ragdoll Force - Realistic.esp=1
iHUD.esp=1
DiverseDragonsCollectionSE.esp=1
Deadly Destruction.esp=1
pale elves.esp=1
ShowRaceMenuAlternative.esp=1
RLO - Interiors.esp=1
CollegeOfWinterholdImmersive.esp=1
ProudspiremanorTNF.esp=1
Summermyst - Enchantments of Skyrim.esp=1
Skyrim Immersive Creatures Special Edition.esp=1
ScopedBows.esp=1
ethereal_elven_overhaul.esp=1
HentaiCreatures.esp=1
BlackthornManor.esp=1
RLO - Exteriors.esp=1
SexLab Aroused Creatures.esp=1
SexLabDefeat.esp=1
mslDeviousCaptures.esp=1
AMatterOfTime.esp=1
Cassandra Frost Witch.esp=1
TrueStormsSE.esp=1
HentaiVoidArmor.esp=1
NewVampChainsCuirass.esp=1
Thief skills rebalance for Ordinator.esp=1
InigoPerkPointGiver.esp=1
RLO - Effects.esp=1
LADL - No Starting Spells.esp=1
Work as a blacksmith and cook v1.1.esp=1
lilithsLacerator.esp=1
RogueArmorHD.esp=1
BloodWitchArmor.esp=1
GrayManerifle.esp=1
dwbb.esp=1
Breezehome free.esp=1
Auriels Holy Bow - Redux.esp=1
ScopedBows_ArrowTweaks.esp=1
HN66_NAILS4ALL.esp=1
Animated Dragon WingsSE.esp=1
SGEyebrows.esp=1
Invisibility Eyes Fix.esp=1
Jennes.esp=1
VioLens SE.esp=1
SexLab Enchantress.esp=1
CD - Female Embassy Guards.esp=1
DarkerNights.esp=1
seapointsettlement.esp=1
ADV HB-Style.esp=1
LC_BuildYourNobleHouse.esp=1
MoreNastyCritters.esp=1
BDIC.esp=1
DeviouslyHelpless.esp=1
Phenderix Magic World.esp=1
SexLab_DibellaCult.esp=1
STL-TARDIS-Regenerated.esp=1
SummonVampireCattle.esp=1
Tentapalooza.esp=1
Captured Dreams.esp=1
AOM.esp=1
UNP Vanilla Outfits.esp=1
UUNP Vanilla Outfits.esp=1
NocturnalArchMageRobes.esp=1
sanguinesDebauchery.esp=1
SuccubusRaceLite.esp=1
Cloaks.esp=1
Cloaks - USSEP Patch.esp=1
Riverwood Reborn.esp=1
stavesofskyrim.esp=1
Deviously Cursed Loot.esp=1
MoonstoneCastle.esp=1
SimpleSlavery.esp=1
JSwordsDistributionBalancePlugin.esp=1
Rebalanced Leveled Lists.esp=1
FrostvaleEstate.esp=1
Frostfall.esp=1
SexLab-AmorousAdventures.esp=1
SexLab_DibellaCult_Sisters.esp=1
xmas_lanterns.esp=1
SexLab_Dialogues.esp=1
CaranthirTowerReborn.esp=1
Dwemer Storage Cube SirGrimeszy Edition.esp=1
Capes&Cloaks.esp=1
JS Armored Circlets SE.esp=1
eu3fan_teleporter.esp=1
hfhometeleports.esp=1
Unbound Bow.esp=1
Dimensional House.esp=1
Vidani's Bag of Holding.esp=1
HN66_NAILS4ALL_GauntletSupportSSE.esp=1
Frostfall Vampire Fix.esp=1
ssMagicalWeaponsScripted.esp=1
50 More Perk Points.esp=1
OblivionWeapons.esp=1
Marry Me Serana.esp=1
ChargeOrFill.esp=1
Schlongs of Skyrim.esp=1
SOS - Shop.esp=1
R18pn - Shanoa Armors.esp=1
FNISspells.esp=1
ExpandedCarriageService.esp=1
ApotheosisDemo.esp=1
CBCraftableRobes.esp=1
Nocturnal Craftable Armors.esp=1
AsharaMerchants.esp=1
ColdharbourDaedra.esp=1
FM - UCM Merchants.esp=1
FM - UCM Xterior.esp=1
The Paarthurnax Dilemma.esp=1
BoundArrows.esp=1
Bound Tools Spell.esp=1
icebladeofthemonarch.esp=1
AhsokaTanoFollower2.esp=1
ADV GenStoresPlugin.esp=0
LessIntrusiveHUD.esp=1
UIExtensions.esp=1
BlackSacramentArmor.esp=1
BVFE_Serana.esp=1
RLO - Illuminated Spells.esp=1
Cloaks - Dawnguard.esp=1
SL Deadly Drain.esp=1
RaceCompatibilityUSKPOverride.esp=1
SkyrimRecycling.esp=1
mystic.esp=1
LTAOC_LightGlassArmor.esp=1
Light Elven Armor.esp=1
BVLT - High Elf.esp=1
PowerGreatswords.esp=1
RainRepel.esp=1
FCKagrenacsInstantFortress.esp=1
ForgottenMagic_Redone.esp=1
Succubus Heart.esp=1
LustmordVampireArmor.esp=1
Emfy Cleric Robes.esp=1
Daedric Reaper Armor.esp=1
Haem Projects Shalidor.esp=1
12FemaleBrows.esp=1
BVFE.esp=1
SOSRaceMenu.esp=1
[NINI]Sister.esp=1
Necromantrix.esp=1
Improved Eyes Skyrim.esp=1
KS Hairdo's.esp=1
SexLab TDF Aggressive Prostitution.esp=1
TDF_AP_IndHookersPlug_In.esp=1
SLSO_F_VP_Eliz.esp=1
Real Flying.esp=1
RaceMenu.esp=1
XPMSE.esp=1
RaceMenuPlugin.esp=1
SOS - Smurf Average Addon.esp=1
SOS - VectorPlexus Muscular Addon.esp=1
SOS - VectorPlexus Regular Addon.esp=1
SLSO.esp=1
SLSO_PSA.esp=1
Skysan_UltraSkimpy.esp=1
zzEstrus.esp=1
Ordinator - Perks of Skyrim.esp=1
Apocalypse - Magic of Skyrim.esp=1
Apocalypse - Ordinator Compatibility Patch.esp=1
Stavesofskyrim Ordinatored.esp=1
Ordinator Enchantment Tweaks.esp=1
Sacrosanct - Vampires of Skyrim.esp=1
Alternate Start - Live Another Life.esp=1
Alternate Start - Live A Deviant Life.esp=1
ccas_starts.esp=1
Deviously Cursed Loot LAL AddOn.esp=1
ZaFromTheDeepsV2.esp=1
AngrimApprentice.esp=1

Papyrus logging wasn't enabled. I just did that, so I'll go back in and play it a bit to generate a log file.

Edit: I must be doing something wrong with Papyrus. I enabled the two settings in the ini file, but while it created a "logs" folder in the profile, there's nothing in it.

There are actually 3 things to activate to get papyrus logging to work. In the Papyrus section of your Skyrim.ini, there are three lines that should look like this when your done:
bEnableLogging=1
bEnableTrace=1
bLoadDebugInformation=1

On another thing, your load order is a complete mess. Here is a list to help with your load order:

1. ) Patches and bug fixes
  2. ) Big mods and overhauls that affect the entire game
  3. ) Quest mods (big or small)
  4. ) Environments/weather Overhauls
  5. ) Large add-ons that add cities/towns/land masses
  6. ) Adds buildings to current cities/towns
  7. ) Plants and foliage mods for the entire game
  8. ) Gameplay changes/tweaks/add-ons such as combat/magic/perks/etc
  9. ) Changes/add-ons to NPCs
  10. ) Visual/textural/atmospheric changes
  11. ) Sound/audio/FX alterations
  12. ) Sorting, menu, and player & NPC inventory
  13. ) Cheat items
  14. ) Character model replacements
  15. ) Weapons/armor/clothing add-ons/additions
  16. ) Crafting related mods
  17. ) Misc. items, as well as small scale foliage
  18. ) Weapon/armor/clothing alterations
  19. ) Specific mods that need to be loaded at the bottom as directed by the mod author
  20. ) Mods that remove graphical effects, like disabling godrays, to improve performance - this goes last to ensure that all mod added effects get disabled too.

And lastly, you should probably get rid of PSQ - Player Succubus Quest as it's kinda redundant with Angrim's Apprentice, and definitely get rid of Sexlab Separate Orgasms, as that mod right there would be the core of your problem. The basis of the succubus boosts and penalties relies on the orgasm at end hook from Sexlab, and SLSO overrides that hook, so your succubus will never be satisfied regardless of how much action she gets. stobor says he's gonna make a change in the next mod update that satisfies the succubus requirements at animations end, instead of at orgasm, so you'll probably be able to use SLSO after this update and my conversion of it.

Hmm. Okay, that explains a lot. There's a function setting in SLSO that allows the player to set a modifier from a default of "3" to "0". When I set it back to 0, it took two clients to reset her arousal timer to 0, and she had no real issues with arousal locking after that. So you can see the compatibility functionality is possible.

I like PSQ because of the built-in transformation capability, which none of the others really handle as intuitively.

Really, all SLSO needs, IMHO, is a toggle switch so that succubus characters can have "adventurer" and "huntress" modes. So that they can either play SLSO as originally written, or set it so that it's more compatible with mods like AA or if the player wants to set the "hunting" part aside to focus on gameplay for a while.

As for the load order, I use LOOT to ensure nothing messes up anything else. If it's making a mess of things, is there something else I could use?

Edit: Going back in and examining SLSO, there's an option to re-enable the default climax routine at the end of the animation sequence. Now, for the last while, I've been using the in-mod method of raising the mana cap to try to stay ahead of the mana drain so as to remain a viable spellcaster. When I re-enabled the end-event climax, several things happened. First, the Deadly Drain event triggered, which I realized it hadn't in a long time. Second, the mana-absorbing effect of a succubus who's been through the Angrim arc also triggered. Finally, my mana score jumped from about 142 and red, to about 400+ and green.

So, that toggle right there is the means to enable functionality. If that could be merged with SLSO more intuitively, so that it's not just one or the other, I think that modder would have a winning combination.

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, SexDwarf2250 said:

Hmm... this was one of those female-only mods again, wasn't it? Is there a feasible way to use it as a male/through a female companion? I seem to recall it looked interesting, but my characters tend to be male, soooo yeah.

This mod is indeed very female PC oriented. With the current quest and script setup that stobor has for the mod, I don't think it's possible to have a male branch off or use a female companion as a proxy. I run both genders for characters, so I did test it out while on my male PC. Not exactly a good fit. 

So in summary, it's best to run a female PC, and even better if she is the Succubus custom race by Nikitaa, as Angrim's Apprentice has extra tie-ins with that race.

5 hours ago, Adviser69 said:

This mod is indeed very female PC oriented. With the current quest and script setup that stobor has for the mod, I don't think it's possible to have a male branch off or use a female companion as a proxy. I run both genders for characters, so I did test it out while on my male PC. Not exactly a good fit. 

So in summary, it's best to run a female PC, and even better if she is the Succubus custom race by Nikitaa, as Angrim's Apprentice has extra tie-ins with that race.

Ah well, too bad. Maybe companions will be an option some time.

• 1 year later...

So I have played this through completely and for the most part I didn't have any real issues.  However, there are two main problems that I came across:

1) The soul drain spell doesn't work for me at all.

2) After Angrim is Enthralled, the quest stops. I get the Angrim's Mistress perk, but the only dialog with Angrim is his store dialog.  I cannot get him to acknowledge that he is now my slave.

On 9/16/2020 at 10:26 AM, ylurkes said:

I love this mod, but i'll have to admit that i always drop it because i can't find a way to make progress on the succubus path.

So to make progress on this mod, you have to do all of the two vanilla quests (A Night to Remember and The Heart of Dibella).  After Angrim belts you, you have to use the two spells he teaches you about 3 times each (Honeyed Tongue and the one that boost illusions IIRC). 

After he belts and plugs you, it is just a matter of getting your satiation count below 10, which means running around with the belt and plugs for awhile and avoid having sex. I think it takes about 1 in game week for it to drop low enough.

Eventually you should get the dialogue with Angrim about not being able to control yourself (or something to that effect).  You can exit the dialogue and make a save at this point.  You now have two choices: use the enthrall spell or don't.  Then continue the dialogue with him and that leads to the ending (Angrim's Mistress or be sold into slavery and a succubus).

There is also the ghost path which can be started in Rannveig Fast or Yngvild.

17 hours ago, WaterRabbit said:

So to make progress on this mod, you have to do all of the two vanilla quests (A Night to Remember and The Heart of Dibella).  After Angrim belts you, you have to use the two spells he teaches you about 3 times each (Honeyed Tongue and the one that boost illusions IIRC). 

After he belts and plugs you, it is just a matter of getting your satiation count below 10, which means running around with the belt and plugs for awhile and avoid having sex. I think it takes about 1 in game week for it to drop low enough.

Eventually you should get the dialogue with Angrim about not being able to control yourself (or something to that effect).  You can exit the dialogue and make a save at this point.  You now have two choices: use the enthrall spell or don't.  Then continue the dialogue with him and that leads to the ending (Angrim's Mistress or be sold into slavery and a succubus).

There is also the ghost path which can be started in Rannveig Fast or Yngvild.

Yeah my issues are always 2 folds when i try to do this mod to completion: 1) The Succubus Lore book triggers weirdly... In this playthrough it triggered when i got to the last page of the book. 2) When i get to last part of the succubus path, the emissary gets summoned in, he teleports me near the entrance, sex scenes glitches out and nothing else happens. Checked the forum (both LE and SE) and never found what might be causing that. I finally resolved to add with the console the Succubus Curse.

• 3 weeks later...

is there a walk-through or perhaps a guide on how would a newcomer 'progress' with this quest-line?

I just started a playthrough and visited Angrim in his basement, he did tell me to visit the Temple of Dibella due to my lack of training?

Sooo.. i stayed in the basement and proceeded to 'learn' carnal magic from Angrim till the part where he sends me on an errand to collect his tome while being strapped with a chastity belt with both plugs firmly within my character, as of now i have only learn 4 'carnal' spells and has not touch the Markarth portion with the sisters of Dibella?

I'm thinking that i should finish the first errand prior leaving for Markarth to start  the Sisters of Dibella arc at behest of Angrim?.. but i'm still really confused if this is the 'right' path?

Did i mess up the questline? i was looking through the pages in the LE version, and realize that it can be really finicky?

• 4 weeks later...

Just going to put it out there that I have had the same issues as the first person who responded. I get a generic greeting from Angrim, and when I pick up the Dalliance quest and go to Yngvild, nothing happens when I get hit by ghosts. When I make it to Arondil at the end, I get teleported in front of the throne, but he doesn't do anything and just walks around the room saying generic stuff.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I think I'm at an ending where Angrim summons an emissary and it begins a SL scene for but just a second then ends immediately and the emissary says "now I'll just open the way" (or something like that) and then nothing happens. I feel like this isn't what's supposed to happen would anyone know what this issue is?

• 2 weeks later...