Make any follower a XDFF Dom for Deviously Cursed Loot

View File

A simple mod that allows you to turn any standard recruitable NPC follower into a XDFF DOM. You will become their submissive slave and they will then function just like Leon or Leah from Deviously Cursed Loot. This mod is completely stand-alone and does not directly alter any Deviously Cursed Loot files.

Since this mod does not directly modify/replace any DCL file or script it should continue to work for future editions of Deviously Cursed Loot. Should Kimy decide to add a built-in method of converting any follower into a XDFF dom in the future then consider this mod obsolete.

Requirements:

Deviously Cursed Loot 7.0 or newer plus its required mods.

Usage:

Talk to any non-undead, non-creature NPC that can currently be recruited as a follower and a dialog option should appear allowing you to submit as their slave. Warning: for now you are only allowed to do this with one NPC with no way to change your mind later, so choose your master wisely. You definitely should make a backup save before you commit your character to a master.

Known Issues:

You might have to save a game with this mod active, exist out of the game, and reload before the dialog option to be enslaved will appear. Don't know why that happens. But after that the mod will work as intended.

Being this mod triggers the same quest that Leon/Leah use to enslave you it will have any of the same bugs. XDFF is still very much a work in progress at this time (11/10/2018) so there are still issues being worked out.

Aside from that and certain NPCs that are not recruited via the standard dialog options not being supported, nothing I can think of.

Credits:

Kimy for creating Deviously Cursed Loot and the XDFF system of course.

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    11/10/2018
  • Category
  • Requires
    Deviously Cursed Loot 7.0 or Newer
  • Special Edition Compatible
    No

View File

Works fine, no quest finishing need. Just save and reload game without shuting to menu or desktop.

But this follower is really demanding, i think no normal playgame is available with it.

I have dialog with potential and current followers, exept some custom or already masters by another mods.

It took me a little while to work out what this was, then I realised it was a patch for Deviously Cursed Loot. To extend the Leon and Leah enslavery options to all followers. Via a handy dialogue option...

A great idea... :)

I always go with Lydia or Uthgert, the size of Uthgert would make this a good choice for a punishing follower... ?

i have the following issue with:  i could recruite only vanilla followers - works then till i asked for permission to sleep, got dressed - slept - after some pop ups, everything was now  allowed - devices disappeared - then talked to follower - XDFF stopped - removed collar - XDFF tried to start again, that was it. no more master dialog, no more enslaved, no more dialog to get enslaved again (same issue i have with DCL Leon, Leah). too i always get the message: -you must be near your follower...- i was directly standing in front of.

This mod does what it says! Unfortunately it only works for a little while. You can get enslaved and get a collar locked on. I've had XDFF randomly free my character and take the collar off for no apparent reason. I'm sure the fault lies with XDFF. There is great potential there.

59 minutes ago, Octavianus14 said:

I dont know maybe im stupid but this mod dont work for me.. :( ( I have Cursed loot , im not too stupid :D )I hired a follower, saved the game, dont exit to the menu or the desktop, just reload the game "from the  actual game" but after reload the dialog is nowhere 

For me it appeared after i quit to desktop and started again.., mitght be by chance, but helped.

Glad you like it for all who have gotten it work. Still wondering why getting the dialog option to kick in is such a pain (Making new quests with dialog trees is always a bit wonky for me, don't know if there's something I supposed to set that I'm not.)

I'll be playtesting the system with my own character to see if any of the other issues. Since this mod triggers the same quest that is used when Leon/Leah enslaves you there shouldn't be any addition bugs. As far as I could tell Leon/Leah have no special settings designed to make the XDFF system for them more stable in their actor files.

Good news is since this system uses the same quest as Leon/Leah use it will also benefit from any updates to DCL that make the XDFF more stable. As Kimy said the XDFF system is still new and very much a work in progress on her part. So be patient and good things will come I'm sure. If I find any issues I know how to fix I'll send the info her way.

2 hours ago, bubba999 said:

This mod does what it says! Unfortunately it only works for a little while. You can get enslaved and get a collar locked on. I've had XDFF randomly free my character and take the collar off for no apparent reason. I'm sure the fault lies with XDFF. There is great potential there.

Same, It always happens after sleep in my case.

I was printed before that all is ok. But some bad persons told that sleep breake mod. So tried and understand that they were right. All is broken in morning. Maybe it is some parallel to real life when at morning all is not same that was at evening) Dont sleep in game, there are more funny thingth to do.

3 hours ago, bubba999 said:

It's a bug in the Code.

For all, if you go sleeping it ends the Quest. but there is an very easy fix for this: you can just change one questvar and you are fine to go.

Described here:

On 11/10/2018 at 9:09 AM, DarkRose said:

works then till i asked for permission to sleep, got dressed - slept - after some pop ups, everything was now  allowed - devices disappeared - then talked to follower - XDFF stopped - removed collar

On 11/10/2018 at 1:31 PM, bubba999 said:

You can get enslaved and get a collar locked on. I've had XDFF randomly free my character and take the collar off for no apparent reason.

22 hours ago, Gräfin Zeppelin said:

Same, It always happens after sleep in my case.

22 hours ago, crococat said:

But some bad persons told that sleep breake mod. So tried and understand that they were right. All is broken in morning.

22 hours ago, coffeeink said:

For all, if you go sleeping it ends the Quest. but there is an very easy fix for this: you can just change one questvar and you are fine to go.

Described here:

Alright, uploaded a new version that patches the sleep glitch when you first get enslaved. Keep in mind you'll need to start over (uninstall - reinstall or start from savegame before you were enslaved). But now at least you'll not get cut loose every time you sleep. This fix does not cover getting enslaved by Leon/Leah, it only works if you get enslaved through my mod's system.

However due to the nature of this fix you will only be enslaved for a limited time: 65535 game days (about 179 game years) lol ?. So for all practical intents you're a permanent slave.

Thanks to coffeeink for the tipoff on the work around.