Make any follower a XDFF Dom for Deviously Cursed Loot

5 hours ago, Code Serpent said:

Are you using Dialogue Views or Player Dialogue?

I used the Player Dialogue method. Honestly CK has always hated me creating new quest with dialog in them for some reason. The dialog always wants to resist actually appearing in game.

Notice in this mod you have to quick save, exit to main menu, then reload to get the dialog option to make a follower your dom to appear. That's the kind of trolling CK does to me. I only didn't have issues with S_L_U_T_S since I was building off DocClox's already made dialog quest. I've studied tutorials, copying dialog quest settings from other mods verbatim, etc. Nothing works, I always get glitches. It drives me nuts.

14 hours ago, MrEsturk said:

I used the Player Dialogue method. Honestly CK has always hated me creating new quest with dialog in them for some reason. The dialog always wants to resist actually appearing in game.

Notice in this mod you have to quick save, exit to main menu, then reload to get the dialog option to make a follower your dom to appear. That's the kind of trolling CK does to me. I only didn't have issues with S_L_U_T_S since I was building off DocClox's already made dialog quest. I've studied tutorials, copying dialog quest settings from other mods verbatim, etc. Nothing works, I always get glitches. It drives me nuts.

Ok, I'm assuming you have the dialogue in a quest with "Start Game Enabled" true, right? You should disable that, and make a different quest that starts the dialogue quest after the game has loaded. Something like:

Scriptname XDFFControllerScript extends Quest

Quest Property XDFFDialogue Auto

Event OnInit()
	XDFFDialogue.Start()
endEvent

This is a very weird work-around that always works for me. Since dialogue in quests started through "Start Game Enabled" don't always show up.

3 hours ago, Code Serpent said:

Ok, I'm assuming you have the dialogue in a quest with "Start Game Enabled" true, right? You should disable that, and make a different quest that starts the dialogue quest after the game has loaded. Something like:

Scriptname XDFFControllerScript extends Quest

Quest Property XDFFDialogue Auto

Event OnInit()
	XDFFDialogue.Start()
endEvent

This is a very weird work-around that always works for me. Since dialogue in quests started through "Start Game Enabled" don't always show up.

Wow, that actually worked. I stilled had to shuffle some stuff around, and the recruit dialogs still have the reload bug, but at least the damn thing works. Now the gold minigame can be restored. As well as the spell book favor.

What's the spell book favor? Well you can ask your dom for a random novice/apprentice tier spell book in exchange for an extra random rule being enforced upon you. Useful if you're playing a mage with some of the stricter gold rule settings enabled. It even uses a formlist for the spellbooks, meaning you'll never have to worry about your dom giving you the same spellbook twice.

16 hours ago, Octavianus14 said:

When we can expect the release of the new version? :D Sorry if im unpatient, just im really waiting for your next update. 

It was supposed to be released earlier this week. But with the whole having to fix the broken dialog tree and my work schedule (My Tuesday shift was literally 16 hours) it got pushed back.

I'm thinking Sunday will be the release. Just need to play a test character with the system in effect for a bit, make sure no other bizarre bugs that completely derail the bloody thing are in there.

Couldn't help but add one last little feature. If you have ZaZ installed you can beg your dom to punish you:304671616_TESV2018-12-0105-39-27-251.png.3297cf6e1d6d5a28448c30f4e49b43f1.png

You even get a small buff for 20 minutes after receiving a whipping (With a slight penalty to your max health for 10 minutes due to the injuries you suffered).

Great! :) (Not your 16 hours work shift)

Well, I suppose I did use part of the money to buy a Switch and Ultimate Smash Bros ?

So far so good with my test playthrough:102287813_TESV2018-12-0206-03-10-628.png.281bc51748198c3c0fe724630461a7d8.png

Managed to get rid of another bug that was causing the dialog trees not to show up and fixed some of the messages in the gold mini game dialogues that where showing the amount of money your dom is holding for you in float values (Puts decimal points into the number, adding a ".0000" to the back of it).

The only real issue I've faced was all the rules deciding to cancel on me after doing a wait time. But since the vanilla rules were also effected I'm guessing its a glitch in the base XDFF system. So today's (Sunday) release should be a go.

1 hour ago, MrEsturk said:

The only real issue I've faced was all the rules deciding to cancel on me after doing a wait time. But since the vanilla rules were also effected I'm guessing its a glitch in the base XDFF system. So today's (Sunday) release should be a go.

yeah that's a OnGameupdate Problem. Do you use a wait modification mod (Like Quick wait and sleep)? Becase some of them changing the wait to a sleep.

but tbh the releasing of the rules are glitchy in the Base System. That's why i changed it for me by editing the quest script.

btw: how did you make the mcm Integration? hard coded or dynamic? because i would like to add some additional rules to your system ?

• 1 year later...

[EDIT] I am sorry, I just noticed that this message got into the wrong thread. My text remains valid, but it belongs here: 

I have version: estXDFF NewRules Community Patch 1.01 installed.

[EDIT ]

I am here to say thank you for this mod. I really enjoy playing it in 2020! Its much better than devious followers and Leon/Lea, because one can disable rules which interrupt game play too hard. I have a few suggestions and issues, if you dont mind. 

Suggestions
- If you feel like adding more stuff I do have a suggestion. Could you add whiping as a punishment for not obbeying a rule? E.g. for not offering sex regularly, or for not wearing a restraint when asked to.

- It would be nice to see which rules are in place (e.g. by asking the dom).

- I would like to enable pony play only for save areas (like city pet). Its to dangerous in the wild, but I like the idea in general.

- Allow to change the interest rate of the Gold rule to be changed (not keeping 50%, but e.g. 25%). In general thats a cool idea, though. 

- The relationship to the dom could be more diversified. Sub & dom hangout together most of the time, so they might also develop a deeper connection. A few more dialoge lines could help. E.g. showing mercy or being extra mean. 

Issues

- Maximum distance is not enforced. I set it to 500 and went away from my follower. Nothing happened to my character (I would have expected that the collar gives a shock or something)

- Whiping worked for me with a vanilla follower, but not with one I added later to the game (I will edit this text as soon as I found out where he came from).

- I can tell my follower to part, which is strange while he dominates me. (Maybe one cant remove it, because its a vanilla dialogue?)

Again, thank you very much for this mod. I finally got a follower who is both dom and usefull for general gameplay.

• 3 months later...