Trying to convert UNP armors with HDT to UUNP and the HDT part is kicking my ass...

SuzanoSho

Hi...I'm new (like, brand new) to the concept of doing my own conversions of armors...
I've had no problem getting the shape I want, however I believe I'm at an impasse...
I've been following the first guide found here: 

However, whenever I finish, and bodyslide the outfit in question to the preset that I want, it seems that there are entire pieces of the armor missing, and I've noticed that this pieces are only the parts of the armor with HDT physics (not breasts and butt, but things like skirts and tassles)...for example, when trying to convert this armor:
whatamidoingwrong.thumb.PNG.15b80ba1b4388cfdcaeb9a886303df7c.PNG

It winds up looking like this in Nifskope as well as in game, with no physics except breasts/butt physics:
MLB_0001_Armor_1_20181108_20-34-40.thumb.jpg.d18c552ddca09415114c66ea0da7b681.jpgMLB_0001_Armor_1_20181108_20-35-09.thumb.jpg.38061b434e2686edabff52d36af747c9.jpg

To elaborate, these are UNP armors, and I'm using UUNP HDT body as a reference when converting them...this is how it looks before converting (with no reference loaded):
Capsfdture.thumb.PNG.cc27fd6504f0585747719fd8eaeb2bae.PNG

And these are the bones/weights/???:

Capture.thumb.PNG.47df13c21d7247c59e2b5eb17aef5ccb.PNG

I've tried using the method prescribed in the tutorial initially to get these things to work, and it yielded the results above...then I tried replacing that step with just using the option "Copy Bone weights" instead of "Copy selected weights"...it yielded this as a result:

Captasdfasdfaure.PNG.9cccf643a508b74c083e819b0c3a12af.PNG

I'd also like to note that with both methods, the nif has yielded data very different from the original mesh...this is what I get after using the tutorial:

CapturasdaAe.thumb.PNG.7fe872d4e957bb93ac23cb4dc8871c0f.PNG

However, this is how the original UNP mesh looks in Nifskope:

CAF66JEapture.thumb.PNG.850ad1342f59cac79cbe9095fbda4274.PNG

Sorry if this is a lot, I want to be as thorough as possible...does anyone have any idea as to what I'm doing wrong here?...

When converting HDT armors you can often get away with simply conforming the sliders in Outfit Studio and saving the project without touching the bone weights. In some cases you'll get best results by keeping the original body inside the armor and saving the project without a reference shape.

3 minutes ago, onesumgame said:

When converting HDT armors you can often get away with simply conforming the sliders in Outfit Studio and saving the project without touching the bone weights. In some cases you'll get best results by keeping the original body inside the armor and saving the project without a reference shape.

Okay, I'll give that a shot...something told me that I maybe I shouldn't bother with the weights stuff at all...

Bodyslide can no longer correctly save HDT physics enabled armors, but with a few extra steps you can fix it up yourself.  Leave bone weights alone unless you want bouncing breast/butt/belly/etc.  If you do want those then only select whichever breast/butt/belly bones you want and "Copy selected weights"  [Holding shift allows you to select multiple bones, if doing breast/butt make sure you select both the right and left for each bone.]

Go through the bodyslide process, (Slider > Conform All) save the project like you did.  Then open your newly created HDT physics enabled bodyslide mesh AND your original source mesh side by side in Nifskope, Not in bodyslide.  Go to the first NiTriShape on the bodyslide mesh.  click the little arrow to expand it.  R-Click on NiTriShapeData > Block > Copy.  Then go to the matching NiTriShape on your original source mesh.  Expand and then NiTriShapeData > Block > Paste Over.  That will give the Bodyslide UUNP or CBBE shape to the unbroken source mesh.  Repeat this process for every NiTriShapeData. 

If you have a body mesh to transfer then on the bodyslide mesh just select the body NiTriShape and CTRL-C, Then on the unbroken mesh select the 0 NiNode at the top and CTRL-V.  That will paste the Bodyslide body onto the unbroken mesh as well (Delete the old body entry).  Make sure that the names are the same on the unbroken mesh (They should be) and that they are in the same order.  Then save the unbroken mesh the same name as the Bodyslide one and overwrite the bodyslide one with it.  That's it.  It should conform just fine and look perfect in Nifskope and in game.

****If you added breast, butt, etc bones to the mesh when it was in bodyslide, you sometimes have to copy those bones over before you can copy the body.  It will pop up an error when you try to copy the body and if you click on the more information arrow it will tell you which bone NiNode it needs.  Just select the needed NiNode on the bodyslide mesh and CTRL-C, Click on 0 NiNode at the top and CTRL-V.  Repeat for all needed bones.  Body should copy and paste over fine once the correct bones are in place. ****

1 hour ago, SuzanoSho said:

Okay, I'll give that a shot...something told me that I maybe I shouldn't bother with the weights stuff at all...

I should have mentioned that when you start by converting UNP to CBBE you'll want to keep the original body and export the .nif without a reference. Unless the conversion causes deformations, keeping the original body and saving the UUNP project without a reference can often save you a lot of time and extra work. Start with the path of least resistance and only move on to more complicated procedures when necessary.

53 minutes ago, onesumgame said:

I should have mentioned that when you start by converting UNP to CBBE you'll want to keep the original body and export the .nif without a reference. Unless the conversion causes deformations, keeping the original body and saving the UUNP project without a reference can often save you a lot of time and extra work. Start with the path of least resistance and only move on to more complicated procedures when necessary.

So I've tried it this way, and the HDT parts just droop down into infinity, in game and in Nifskope...

1 hour ago, nagothm said:

Bodyslide can no longer correctly save HDT physics enabled armors, but with a few extra steps you can fix it up yourself.  Leave bone weights alone unless you want bouncing breast/butt/belly/etc.  If you do want those then only select whichever breast/butt/belly bones you want and "Copy selected weights"  [Holding shift allows you to select multiple bones, if doing breast/butt make sure you select both the right and left for each bone.]

Go through the bodyslide process, (Slider > Conform All) save the project like you did.  Then open your newly created HDT physics enabled bodyslide mesh AND your original source mesh side by side in Nifskope, Not in bodyslide.  Go to the first NiTriShape on the bodyslide mesh.  click the little arrow to expand it.  R-Click on NiTriShapeData > Block > Copy.  Then go to the matching NiTriShape on your original source mesh.  Expand and then NiTriShapeData > Block > Paste Over.  That will give the Bodyslide UUNP or CBBE shape to the unbroken source mesh.  Repeat this process for every NiTriShapeData. 

If you have a body mesh to transfer then on the bodyslide mesh just select the body NiTriShape and CTRL-C, Then on the unbroken mesh select the 0 NiNode at the top and CTRL-V.  That will paste the Bodyslide body onto the unbroken mesh as well (Delete the old body entry).  Make sure that the names are the same on the unbroken mesh (They should be) and that they are in the same order.  Then save the unbroken mesh the same name as the Bodyslide one and overwrite the bodyslide one with it.  That's it.  It should conform just fine and look perfect in Nifskope and in game.

****If you added breast, butt, etc bones to the mesh when it was in bodyslide, you sometimes have to copy those bones over before you can copy the body.  It will pop up an error when you try to copy the body and if you click on the more information arrow it will tell you which bone NiNode it needs.  Just select the needed NiNode on the bodyslide mesh and CTRL-C, Click on 0 NiNode at the top and CTRL-V.  Repeat for all needed bones.  Body should copy and paste over fine once the correct bones are in place. ****

I'm currently trying this method...as I'm pasting the information from my bodyslided nif to the normal nif, should the parts that I'm pasting over be disappearing?...

EDIT: Additionally, after saving over the bodyslided nif, I get an error stating "Link '65' points to the wrong block type"...should I be worried?...

EDIT2: Yeah...now the mesh is completely invisible...I think I may have to give up on this altogether...

EDIT3: Disregard these edits, it seems I've read your instructions wrong!!! Sorry, I was copying the NiTriShape portion instead of actually clicking on subordinate titled "NiTriShapeData" to copy on over. My mistake...

Thank you both so much @onesumgame & @nagothm, I've finally gotten them to work with both of your help! Following onesum's instructions for OS and nagoth's for Nifskope for both the _0 and the _1 files have yielded perfect results...

One more question: if I wanted to share these UUNP files, what else would I have to do in Outfit Studio? I theorize that I'd have to use the new meshes somehow and overwrite project files I have saved for those meshes so as not to mess up the Havoc data, correct?...

54 minutes ago, SuzanoSho said:

Thank you both so much @onesumgame & @nagothm, I've finally gotten them to work with both of your help! Following onesum's instructions for OS and nagoth's for Nifskope for both the _0 and the _1 files have yielded perfect results...

One more question: if I wanted to share these UUNP files, what else would I have to do in Outfit Studio? I theorize that I'd have to use the new meshes somehow and overwrite project files I have saved for those meshes so as not to mess up the Havoc data, correct?...

If the meshes were edited in Nifskope after being generated with Bodyslide a new project can be made with the edited meshes. Generate the meshes again with Bodyslide and the preset on Zeroed Sliders. Redo the nifskope edits and then load the _1.nif into OS as a new UUNP project. Keep the body and save the project without a reference.

Edit: It just occurred to me that you can try to make Nifskope edits directly in the project .nif located in the BodySlide\ShapeData folder. Backup the project files in the ShapeData and SliderSets folders before doing so. When the edits have been made load the project in OS and re-save it. Bodyslide should now generate the meshes with the edits.

4 hours ago, onesumgame said:

If the meshes were edited in Nifskope after being generated with Bodyslide a new project can be made with the edited meshes. Generate the meshes again with Bodyslide and the preset on Zeroed Sliders. Redo the nifskope edits and then load the _1.nif into OS as a new UUNP project. Keep the body and save the project without a reference.

Edit: It just occurred to me that you can try to make Nifskope edits directly in the project .nif located in the BodySlide\ShapeData folder. Backup the project files in the ShapeData and SliderSets folders before doing so. When the edits have been made load the project in OS and re-save it. Bodyslide should now generate the meshes with the edits.

If you run the HDT Physics enabled meshes through bodyslide again, you will have to do the Nifskope edits again afterwards.  Every single time.  Bodyslide breaks HDT Physics enabled meshes. SO the process is to do the bodyslide outfit studio part first, then the Nif fixes.  once you are done and have overwritten the Bodyslide output meshes with the repaired ones you just have to share the CalienteTools\BodySlide\ShapeData and the CalienteTools\BodySlide\SliderSets for your new project.  That is all that is needed. 

• 8 months later...

Archived