Hey, I have a few suggestions on how to improve this mod.

Firstly, pawns who rape other pawns pretty much automatically turn the victim into a life-long enemy, no matter what the initial relation was between them. For example, a +100 relation family member, close friend, romantic partner, or trusted confidant will instantly drop into negative relation due to a -130 point malus on the first offense. While this is certainly realistic when it comes to strangers, it gets much more complicated when the victim and perpetrator are close. I'd suggest a modification to the system where the higher the relation, the less the relation penalty for such things, possibly with additional detection on what kind of relationship the two have. There would obviously need to be a penalty, but the penalty would be from mood or status effects rather than relational damage. For example, if a parent or Ideoligious leader (or royalty, for that matter) victimizes a pawn with which they have 90+ relationship,  there might be a slight malus to their relations (like 10-15 points maybe) and effects related to mood/trauma instead. This could quite quickly get into a pawn trauma/corruption system, which is probably outside the scope of this mod, but even a few simple changes could give the "flavor" of a catholic-church situation which I'd say is pretty good "emergent storytelling" if Randy be our Lord In Heaven. For the actual malusses, maybe a several different random/semirandom moodlets that add up to around -40 or so (the mood impact/flavor text for each moodlet could be random/procudural. you could do a lot of  creative writing on this one), decreased working/moving speed when undrafted, a tendency to stop working and do the "go for a walk" recreation activity more often that usual, and a tendency towards sad wanders, hide in room, and substance binge mental breaks.

Secondly, I've noticed that pawns with any ideology that technically allows (not even encourages or condones) bestiality are willing to, at the drop of a hat, throw whatever dignity they may have had away and suck on the holy penis on the dromedary Camel for the rest of their existence, whether or not they were already a zoophile. This is obviously not realistic, as objection to certain things is wired much more deeply than simple social acceptance, and most people would need to fight against their own natural disgust reaction to do those things. I think this sort of thing could be addressed in an interesting way, which would change how fetishes work in the code.

So there are 5 levels to a fetish:

1. Absolutely no acceptance of it, a pawn with lvl 1 would never engage in it willingly. They'd need to be tied up.
  2. Extremely strong resistance. A pawn might be coerced into doing this (slavery), or might do it while in a mental break, but would not under normal circumstances partake. (this would probably be the most common "tier rating" for the weird stuff among normal pawns)
  3. Resistant, but could be convinced. Think of the casting couch. Pawns wouldn't need to be "forced" to do it, but they would take convincing (more later) and they wouldn't likely be happy about doing it. Shame, guilt, etc etc. Lots of moddles, lot's of dialogue.
  4. At TL4 pawns would need to be prompted to do the acts in question, but would do them with significantly less argument. They wouldn't go around acting out the fetish on their own accord, and therefore wouldn't receive the traits in the current RJW version. This tier level is a representation of people who don't have a *particularly* strong reaction against the acts in question (it might be there, but much weaker than normal), but don't actively like the fetish either.
  5. These are the wild boys. They WILL fuck a megasloth whether you like it or not, and will do so regardless of ideoligion.

So, those above levels aren't "static" per-se, but can change (albeit gradually) over a pawn's lifetime. Now to the fun bits. No longer can you just assign a colonist to a "service job", nor can you see clearly which pawns would be willing to do so (prisoners get no say, obviously). Instead, you (the colony) would have to "request" the pawn do that thing. Essentially, you press a button, and it simulates the other colonists trying to convince the target pawn to agree to the role. This *does not always work*, and the likelihood of success is determined by the pawn's place in the above 5 tiers (which are hidden to the player). The "attempt" is a dice roll, and can be repeated more or less indefinitely if you fail, BUT! there's a catch! Surprisingly enough, most people don't tend to like their friends, coworkers, and roommates constantly "suggesting" they take up prostitution, so each failed attempt there's a small relationship penalty against most of the colony (because they all tried to convince the pawn to do something she doesn't want to do, which is understandably creepy). Additionally, if there are enough failed attempts over a short time-frame the pawn could probably hitch a ride on a caravan out of town or something. "strongminded" or "ironwilled" pawns are of course not ideal for trying this on. Even if the attempt fails, however, the pawn might slide up a tier after a while ("wearing them down" or "peer pressure", whichever you want to call it.). Additionally, other factors could cause a tier change (getting raped by bandits for 2 years straight could pretty easily take you from a well-adjusted 2 to an apathetic 4). The pawn's response to what they are doing would also be determined by which "tier" they are on, so even if they still "do it" there's a different moodlet flavor going on. A pawn on level 3 would be filled with many little nagging doubts and shames, while a pawn at tier 4 would have very few, or even mostly "sterile" or "clinical" reactions to what is going on. TL2 would of course be about as horrified as TL5 would be in bliss :lol:

i think a good starting point for the "fetishes" tracked that system would be something along the lines of

• Beastiality
  • Necrophilia
  • Rape (victim?)
  • Rape (Aggressor separate?)
  • Incest
  • Generic promiscuity
  • Prostitution
  • Separate Subcategories of bestiality? (teratophilia, insects, guaranlens, specific arbitrary subsets of animals, etc? to track different taboos/hangups?)

That's All i can think of for the "highly objectionable" types of acts that i was thinking of when i cam up with this system, but the beauty of the system is that you could easily expand this to all sexual preferences to some degree, but just have the vanilla stuff at tier 4-5 for most pawns. You could easily customize it to a wide variety of RP niches, like fucking a man's anus with a radish being a manly thing to do, while being fucked in the anus by a man with a radish is the ultimate insult (if you want to do a Roman themed playthrough). Hell, you could have a disease that makes women TERRIFIED of giving blowjobs cause why not?

Also, it seems that pawns are omniscient when it comes to the sexual misdeeds of their colony? I don't know how to make that not happen unless you hook into that fog of war mod in some way, but i might be overthinking the line-of-sight thing wildly.

Also, I'd like to note that this leads swimmingly into a potential corruption/trauma system, though I think any specifics of that sort of thing would probably be out-of-scope for the main RJW mod. Sorry if i havn't explained this well, I'm running on fumes at the moment :classic_tongue:

I'd love to hear what you think about this! I really like the storytelling/RP aspect of adult modding, though RJW doesn't seem to have leaned particularly heavily into that from my limited experience.

Edited by The Real Slim Shady
Fixed typos, improved readibility, added a few additional bits.
On 4/3/2024 at 6:34 AM, FlippyJippy said:

is the 1.5 on github usable? 

I tried with RJW and pretty much no other mods loaded. The game starts and you can go into RJW settings. But the dev console is spammed with errors until the limit, you can't do any dev console commands, and you can't do any interactions with RJW. So, nope not working for me.

On 3/17/2024 at 10:31 PM, Jptheman said:

Anybody know what the hediffs on the ferian girl in the pics for the mod are? I've never seen "fixed neuron" before.

I think thats the mind broken hediff with a particularly bad translation

EDIT: Found out why, I'm dumb. It was the "Aroused" add-on mod. IDK why it didn't work.

Got some errors popping up for my pawns "Needs Arousal". It had no major issues about a couple day ago on a fresh start and just I returned to it just today. Now I'm currently going through my 100+ mods to see what's the issue may be, but would be nice to get a response to lessen the load of going through the list. The error I'm getting is this:

(Elo is one of my pawns)

Error while determining if Elo should have Need Arousal: System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: type
  at System.Activator.CreateInstance (System.Type type, System.Reflection.BindingFlags bindingAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] args, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture, System.Object[] activationAttributes) [0x00003] in <eae584ce26bc40229c1b1aa476bfa589>:0 
  at System.Activator.CreateInstance (System.Type type, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <eae584ce26bc40229c1b1aa476bfa589>:0 
  at (wrapper dynamic-method) RimWorld.Pawn_NeedsTracker.RimWorld.Pawn_NeedsTracker.AddNeed_Patch2(RimWorld.Pawn_NeedsTracker,RimWorld.NeedDef)
  at RimWorld.Pawn_NeedsTracker.AddOrRemoveNeedsAsAppropriate () [0x00028] in <cd7169108ea74757aa50c5b33d275c15>:0 
UnityEngine.StackTraceUtility:ExtractStackTrace ()
(wrapper dynamic-method) Verse.Log:Verse.Log.Error_Patch1 (string)
RimWorld.Pawn_NeedsTracker:AddOrRemoveNeedsAsAppropriate ()
RimWorld.Pawn_NeedsTracker:.ctor (Verse.Pawn)
System.Reflection.MonoCMethod:InternalInvoke (object,object[])
System.Reflection.MonoCMethod:DoInvoke (object,System.Reflection.BindingFlags,System.Reflection.Binder,object[],System.Globalization.CultureInfo)
System.Reflection.MonoCMethod:Invoke (System.Reflection.BindingFlags,System.Reflection.Binder,object[],System.Globalization.CultureInfo)
System.RuntimeType:CreateInstanceImpl (System.Reflection.BindingFlags,System.Reflection.Binder,object[],System.Globalization.CultureInfo,object[],System.Threading.StackCrawlMark&)
System.Activator:CreateInstance (System.Type,System.Reflection.BindingFlags,System.Reflection.Binder,object[],System.Globalization.CultureInfo,object[])
System.Activator:CreateInstance (System.Type,object[])
Verse.ScribeExtractor:SaveableFromNode<RimWorld.Pawn_NeedsTracker> (System.Xml.XmlNode,object[])
Verse.Scribe_Deep:Look<RimWorld.Pawn_NeedsTracker> (RimWorld.Pawn_NeedsTracker&,bool,string,object[])
Verse.Scribe_Deep:Look<RimWorld.Pawn_NeedsTracker> (RimWorld.Pawn_NeedsTracker&,string,object[])
(wrapper dynamic-method) Verse.Pawn:Verse.Pawn.ExposeData_Patch3 (Verse.Pawn)
Verse.ScribeExtractor:SaveableFromNode<Verse.Pawn> (System.Xml.XmlNode,object[])
Verse.Scribe_Collections:Look<Verse.Pawn> (System.Collections.Generic.List`1<Verse.Pawn>&,bool,string,Verse.LookMode,object[])
Verse.Scribe_Collections:Look<Verse.Pawn> (System.Collections.Generic.HashSet`1<Verse.Pawn>&,bool,string,Verse.LookMode)
Verse.Scribe_Collections:Look<Verse.Pawn> (System.Collections.Generic.HashSet`1<Verse.Pawn>&,string,Verse.LookMode)
RimWorld.Planet.WorldPawns:ExposeData ()
Verse.ScribeExtractor:SaveableFromNode<RimWorld.Planet.WorldPawns> (System.Xml.XmlNode,object[])
Verse.Scribe_Deep:Look<RimWorld.Planet.WorldPawns> (RimWorld.Planet.WorldPawns&,bool,string,object[])
Verse.Scribe_Deep:Look<RimWorld.Planet.WorldPawns> (RimWorld.Planet.WorldPawns&,string,object[])
RimWorld.Planet.World:ExposeComponents ()
RimWorld.Planet.WorldGenStep_Components:GenerateFromScribe (string)
RimWorld.Planet.WorldGenerator:GenerateFromScribe (string)
RimWorld.Planet.World:ExposeData ()
(wrapper dynamic-method) Verse.Game:Verse.Game.LoadGame_Patch4 (Verse.Game)
(wrapper dynamic-method) Verse.SavedGameLoaderNow:Verse.SavedGameLoaderNow.LoadGameFromSaveFileNow_Patch2 (string)
Verse.Root_Play/<>c:<Start>b__1_1 ()
Verse.LongEventHandler:RunEventFromAnotherThread (System.Action)
Verse.LongEventHandler/<>c:<UpdateCurrentAsynchronousEvent>b__27_0 ()
System.Threading.ThreadHelper:ThreadStart_Context (object)
System.Threading.ExecutionContext:RunInternal (System.Threading.ExecutionContext,System.Threading.ContextCallback,object,bool)
System.Threading.ExecutionContext:Run (System.Threading.ExecutionContext,System.Threading.ContextCallback,object,bool)
System.Threading.ExecutionContext:Run (System.Threading.ExecutionContext,System.Threading.ContextCallback,object)
System.Threading.ThreadHelper:ThreadStart ()

Edited by last_hiro
Found answer to issue

....Is there like, a way to simply disable sex needs for my own characters and just have everything else be on the horny/rapey side? I don't know how to do this, it's either EVERYONE has to be horny, or not...also seems like animals aren't affected at all and never mess with my characters...

Ovipositors should generate eggs of there original owner species instead of their current owner just imagine an husky impregnating its owner with megaspider eggs because its owner decided to surgically attach a megaspider Ovipositor to the Horney pooch.

On 4/8/2024 at 10:03 AM, WhiteGloveSociety said:

This has probably been asked 500 times, but are there any plans for 1.5? I've heard this update was more disastrous than 1.4 due to the change in the rendering system

Have been using RJW for quite a while and when 1.4 was released RJW took a couple days to maybe a week or two to get all its mods updated and working with the new DLC. I'm going to hazard a guess and say it would probably be the same thing or maybe a tiny bit longer this dlc to get everything updated and working.

Edited by Seengignpaipes
My grammar and formatting is horrible.
8 hours ago, Seengignpaipes said:

Have been using RJW for quite a while and when 1.4 was released RJW took a couple days to maybe a week or two to get all its mods updated and working with the new DLC. I'm going to hazard a guess and say it would probably be the same thing or maybe a tiny bit longer this dlc to get everything updated and working.

Just need a little bit of patience. A lot of other mods have not been updated too. So I will wait either way. Some mods might never get updated.

10 minutes ago, Fakenet said:

Just need a little bit of patience. A lot of other mods have not been updated too. So I will wait either way. Some mods might never get updated.

Most of the big workshop mods are already updated but yeah patience is all we need. Some of the behind the scenes changes made with 1.5 might be really good for RJW but could also delay the update. We shall see

Looking at the github there is work being done actively and an initial recompile for 1.5 is in testing. Could be sooner than we think

Edited by Sicon3
1 hour ago, Sicon3 said:

Most of the big workshop mods are already updated but yeah patience is all we need. Some of the behind the scenes changes made with 1.5 might be really good for RJW but could also delay the update. We shall see

Looking at the github there is work being done actively and an initial recompile for 1.5 is in testing. Could be sooner than we think

there has been work getting done for the past month since they announced and released a beta version so the teams had an extra month to work on it so far so it might be pretty soon or might be ready in a few weeks who knows. 

On 4/8/2024 at 8:51 PM, Joeynator3000 said:

....Is there like, a way to simply disable sex needs for my own characters and just have everything else be on the horny/rapey side? I don't know how to do this, it's either EVERYONE has to be horny, or not...also seems like animals aren't affected at all and never mess with my characters...

....Guess not, then. :c

51 minutes ago, Joeynator3000 said:

....Guess not, then. :c

Theres a way that I do it which doesnt eliminate sex need for colonists, but it makes it much more controllable, 

>Steamapps>Rimworld>Mods>RJW-Master>1.4>Defs>Statdefs>Stats

ctrl+f to find SexFrequency and you will see a list of shid that affects the rate that pawns become horny.

Find fertility, now increase the weight and the max. (Because I think physical health and fertility in reality has a massive impact on feelings) Mine looks like this.

<li>
                <capacity>RJW_Fertility</capacity>
                <weight>1.0</weight>
                <max>5.0</max>
            </li>

Now, the contraceptive drug which greatly reduces fertility will also reduce sex need rate.

Ive also set my contraceptive drug to a little bit of a curve, so that its not just "max 10" and things like buffs still matter         

<stages>
            <li>
                <label>Contracepted</label>
                <capMods>
                    <li>
                        <postFactor>0.5</postFactor>
                    </li>
                    <li>
                        <offset>-0.4</offset>
                    </li>
                </capMods>
            </li>
        </stages>

I also have a heavily edited version of chillrjw where stages of private parts impact a pawns fertility (big nuts means big sperm makes sense) which looks like this

<li Class="PatchOperationAdd">
                <xpath>/Defs/rjw.HediffDef_PartBase[@Name="NaturalPrivatePartPenis"]/stages/li[label="Micro"]</xpath>
                <value>
                    <capMods>
                    <li>
                        <postFactor>0.25</postFactor>
                    </li>
                    </capMods>
                    <statOffsets>
                        <SocialImpact>-0.20</SocialImpact>
            <Vulnerability>0.20</Vulnerability>
                    </statOffsets>
                </value>
            </li>

Alongside licentia labs, you can have a lot of control over how level-headed, or feral you want a pawn to be, using alteration serums if you want a more permanent change, or fertility drugs for temporary. 

On 4/9/2024 at 10:56 PM, Hoddrock said:

Ovipositors should generate eggs of there original owner species instead of their current owner just imagine an husky impregnating its owner with megaspider eggs because its owner decided to surgically attach a megaspider Ovipositor to the Horney pooch.

I strongly agree. I actually was doing this a while ago, I had a futa giving my prisoners mega spider babies, but at some point I changed up my mod mix and started getting 'human eggs' (ew) and I have no idea how to even begin hunting down what changed.

23 hours ago, Sicon3 said:

Yep, it's very nice of Tynan to release the beta to the modcreators. All I need to know is that someone is working on any given mod or even intents to work on it.