Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Killallfurfags said:

Get rid of that abomination against God and Satan and put the old RJW image back up on the downloads page.

It was there for a few months as the last picture but loverslab randomly decided to rearrange the mod preview pictures for ALL mod pages site wide and I can't be assed to reupload all of them in the right order just for them to be rearranged for no reason at any time without warning again

Edited by Skömer

So I know that the Anomaly expansion mod practically dropped yesterday, but is too soon to inquire as to whether ghoul sex is a thing in this mod yet?  Besides the obvious issues with ghoul rape maybe making more ghouls (ghoulish babies?  Does ghoul bodily fluids convert people?), I was more just curious if the fact that since ghouls from the Anomaly expansion are totally excluded from the game's work system and are basically only combatants... can they even have sex?  Do body parts occasionally rot off?  Or will this mod be incompatible with ghouls?  I'm assuming that at least the Anomaly rituals might make it in (yes, everyone wants a sex ritual, there's literally already a mod on here for that.  But what about using the orgy rituals offensively...?).

Or is there already a separate thread somewhere...?

After getting frustrated with how the recreation need seems to either tank to nothing or max out after sex I combed through the code and discovered that "disable recreation drain" option doesn't actually do what it says it does.

It's only used in:

if (!RJWSettings.Disable_RecreationDrain)
                joysatisfaction *= (Circumstances_Satisfaction - 1);
            else
                joysatisfaction *= Circumstances_Satisfaction;

where Circumstances_Satisfaction only checks for whether or not your character liked how rough or not the act was. This means that without the drain disabled the multiplier is always negative for rough characters (rapist, masochist) engaging in regular sex and vice-versa, so no matter how satisfying the act is they will always lose recreation (and lose more of it the more satisfying the act).

This also does nothing to prevent actual joy loss in case joysatisfaction itself is negative (ironically with the setting on it can flip the negative back into possitives).

A better solution would be to instead do something like changing:

pawn.needs.joy.CurLevel += joysatisfaction;

into

if (!RJWSettings.Disable_RecreationDrain || joysatisfaction > 0)

pawn.needs.joy.CurLevel += joysatisfaction;

On a different note I did change it so that characters neither lose not gain recreation since at very high drive/ability levels all other form of recreation become pointless. Would be nice to have a toggle to either disable recreation entirely or have max sex_need scale with sex drive.

Biggest possible kink so far with Anomaly is when you have a scientist studying the entities. They could break free and rape them. Or they could service them for "science".

Seriously, how would you not get turned on by one frail smol scientist girl surrounded by four massive twitching monsters barely held back by some restraints 🫠

Seems like a lot of obvious material to work with in the Anomaly update.  Harbinger trees already grow tentacles around corpses.  Some kind of "cocoon" mechanic might give you the classic organic dungeon effect.  If you can add Anomaly monsters, some kind of succubus or big dick demon seems obvious.  (although if you can, it's probably just a matter of time before the regular modding community starts doing waifu Anomalies)  

Although seems to me that as long as the Anomaly monsters have the relevant body parts, and as long as they respond the same way to Submit, seems like you've already got a lot of great fetishes already taken care of.  

Great work with RJW.  Thanks for sticking with it all these years.  

Edited by AcetheSuperVillain

In the mod "Tentacle Love" by TentuncleSam, the Tentacle War Monster is permanently incapacitated by it's 'Huge Egg'. Deleting it with Character Editor provides a temporary solution, but it just spawns back. Because there's no page for me to comment this on, I'm doing it here since this is where I got the mod.

Would be cool if "entities" could rape.  You could also give them thoughts/mood buffs every time they do something related to their function (like +10 mood, implanted victim).  Find a way to tie it to the type of genitalia assigned to the entity (like entities with demonic genitals get unique mood buffs such as (desecrated the innocent) or (raped in Bhaal's name). 

The new entities from this DLC really highlight the need to make a fourth type of "interaction" between beings that aren't humanlike, animals or mechanoids.  I would kill to see an Amalgamations patch where the monsters could spread their infection through rape.

On 4/14/2024 at 4:56 PM, dncorvus said:

Biggest possible kink so far with Anomaly is when you have a scientist studying the entities. They could break free and rape them. Or they could service them for "science".

Seriously, how would you not get turned on by one frail smol scientist girl surrounded by four massive twitching monsters barely held back by some restraints 🫠

You should check out the Carniculus mod!

This game has not been working as of today, and I have no idea why. Quite annoying, I keep dl'ing the new versions of Rimworld and Rimworld animations and my game won't boot up, just a black screen that's frozen each time... God I hate updates, I get why one is needed with the new DLC, but it's still annoying, and I cant' even get it to work on previous beta versions, FML. Of course it's some kind of mod that conflicts with RJW and Rimworld animations, but it's so annoying that I can't see what mods are affecting it in the mod menu, unlike other mods from the Steam workshop. This just means I'll have to go through trial and error testing to see what Load orders are working, and with which mods that are in my library. Been spending literally two days troubleshooting my favorite game and been very pissed off each time it doesn't work.

On 4/18/2024 at 8:29 AM, gotalighter said:

This game has not been working as of today, and I have no idea why. Quite annoying, I keep dl'ing the new versions of Rimworld and Rimworld animations and my game won't boot up, just a black screen that's frozen each time... God I hate updates, I get why one is needed with the new DLC, but it's still annoying, and I cant' even get it to work on previous beta versions, FML. Of course it's some kind of mod that conflicts with RJW and Rimworld animations, but it's so annoying that I can't see what mods are affecting it in the mod menu, unlike other mods from the Steam workshop. This just means I'll have to go through trial and error testing to see what Load orders are working, and with which mods that are in my library. Been spending literally two days troubleshooting my favorite game and been very pissed off each time it doesn't work.

If you roll back version to 1.4 and it is still broken, then pay attention to Harmony. In my case solution was just to download version that fits for 1.4 from git. I write it because it is not obvious solution and brute force exclusion from modlist doesn`t work.

On 4/11/2024 at 10:16 PM, jikulopo said:

At least for now i made a new branch in my repo with compiled dll for testing

https://gitgud.io/jikulopo/rjw/-/tree/1.5-test

includes PR 277 and 282, basic testing everything seems to work

when reporting issues make sure to specify that you are using my test version

Anomaly untested.

Testing it cause I'm too impatient to wait for the official thing xD A quick test seems to have everything working.