Start: October 29 at 10am PT, 1pm ET, 5pm GMT

End: November 1

Autumn

Start: November 21 at 9:55am PT, 12:55pm ET, 4:55pm GMT

End: November 27 at 10:5am PT, 1:5pm ET, 5:5pm GMT

Holiday

Start: December 20 at 9:55am PT, 12:55pm ET, 4:55pm GMT

End: January 3 at 10:5am PT, 1:5pm ET, 5:5pm GMT

Source: https://www.vg247.com/2018/10/23/steam-halloween-autumn-winter-sales-dates-leak/

I've stopped giving a shit about Steam sales a few years ago. There's so many "big" ones in a given year that they're no longer special and the deals are no longer what they once were. There's no real motivation to get involved, because the first day of a sale is always a wash due to their lack of servers, then every day after that is the same set of crappy 10%-50% reductions on the same games that have been on there for at least six months. Some much smaller indie games will get upwards of 90% off, so they'll now cost a whole 50 cents.

Once the bigger sale is over, in a few weeks there'll just be another sale, be it conforming to a theme or just from a specific publisher, that will offer the exact same reductions on a select number of the same games as the prior big sale, further reducing motivation to jump on the bigger sale.

50 minutes ago, Kamen Rider Kuuga said:

I've stopped giving a shit about Steam sales a few years ago. There's so many "big" ones in a given year that they're no longer special and the deals are no longer what they once were. There's no real motivation to get involved, because the first day of a sale is always a wash due to their lack of servers, then every day after that is the same set of crappy 10%-50% reductions on the same games that have been on there for at least six months. Some much smaller indie games will get upwards of 90% off, so they'll now cost a whole 50 cents.

Once the bigger sale is over, in a few weeks there'll just be another sale, be it conforming to a theme or just from a specific publisher, that will offer the exact same reductions on a select number of the same games as the prior big sale, further reducing motivation to jump on the bigger sale.

You must make one great motivational speaker with how apathetic you sound. I'll take any sale i can get since some games may only go on sale 2-3 times in a year.

Right, the sales haven't been the same since the refund option was added. If you stop being screwed from on direction, you start to get screwed from another one ?

Too bad there's no game i want that i already own, and i don't pre-order. Well, maybe there's some DLC to game i already have, or some nice, quirky indie game for pocket change.

Last one of those i got was Bridge Constructor Portal. Real hamfisted Portal association, but i was fun enough for a while.

Despite GlaDOS.

Not "because" like in the real Portal games ;)

15 minutes ago, ToJKa said:

Right, the sales haven't been the same since the refund option was added. If you stop being screwed from on direction, you start to get screwed from another one ?

Too bad there's no game i want that i already own, and i don't pre-order. Well, maybe there's some DLC to game i already have, or some nice, quirky indie game for pocket change.

Last one of those i got was Bridge Constructor Portal. Real hamfisted Portal association, but i was fun enough for a while.

Despite GlaDOS.

Not "because" like in the real Portal games ;)

117 games on my Steam wishlist though I usually prefer them to be at least 50% off before buying.?

3 hours ago, ToJKa said:

Well, i must be a picky player then, i only have 271 games in total ?

And i don't want to know how many of those i have not finished.

?

starting from Atari 2600, Sega Master System, Sega Mega Drive, Sega Saturn, Commodore 64 and many more PCs!
my game collection is well over 10000 games!

4 hours ago, ToJKa said:

Right, the sales haven't been the same since the refund option was added. If you stop being screwed from on direction, you start to get screwed from another one

Did they ever come out and just say that refunding was the reason why the really deep discounts were no longer a thing? Last I recall, they were trying to bullshit us by saying those deep discounts no longer were a thing because "it wasn't fair" to people in other time zones and parts of the world that the flash sales which would hit 90% at whatever random time they would, because they could be at school, or work, or asleep at the time.

16 hours ago, winny257 said:

?

starting from Atari 2600, Sega Master System, Sega Mega Drive, Sega Saturn, Commodore 64 and many more PCs!
my game collection is well over 10000 games!

Nice. I've had C64, NES, SNES, Gamecube and all playstations (except PS4 and protables), but even them all together it's probably under 500.

15 hours ago, Kamen Rider Kuuga said:

Did they ever come out and just say that refunding was the reason why the really deep discounts were no longer a thing?

As far as i know, there's been no official statement of that.

Archived