On 10/27/2018 at 1:51 AM, kataura said:

It's not too hard to create though. If you want, I could give it a try.

Not hard???
the blood veins should appear under the skin, not on the skin like a tattoo!
so in the femalehand, femalehead and femalebody_1_msn.dds! :classic_wink:

it will not look good, if the veins are on the skin and therefore, it is not possible for BodySlide!
BodySlide can only paint something on the skin, but not under the skin. :classic_laugh:

Spoiler

main-qimg-144886d4e309752c0d036ddd875b95

1 hour ago, winny257 said:

Not hard???
the blood veins should appear under the skin, not on the skin like a tattoo!
so in the femalehand, femalehead and femalebody_1_msn.dds! :classic_wink:

it will not look good, if the veins are on the skin and therefore, it is not possible for BodySlide!
BodySlide can only paint something on the skin, but not under the skin. :classic_laugh:

Reveal hidden contents

main-qimg-144886d4e309752c0d036ddd875b95

Bodyslide has nothing to do with this. I've done it before with face veins by editing an existing racemenu tattoo. Since we obviously can't go subdermal in Skyrim, we keep the opacity at a minimum to make it appear as if it's under the skin. And we obviously can't add a bump map because what OP wants is an overlay.

On 10/27/2018 at 7:52 PM, Roachboy said:

I'd also be interested in such a Slavetats overlay (CBBE).

5 hours ago, Strager said:

Ofc I'm interested. 

I'll try to find some time in the following days and work on it.

15 minutes ago, kataura said:

Bodyslide has nothing to do with this. I've done it before with face veins by editing an existing racemenu tattoo. Since we obviously can't go subdermal in Skyrim, we keep the opacity at a minimum to make it appear as if it's under the skin. And we obviously can't add a bump map because what OP wants is an overlay.

but BodySlide has no influence on the femalebody_1_msn.dds file, it can only add a vein tattoo, but no veins bulges.
as in this mod.

CBBE-CHSBHC-UNP-ADEC-Human Argonian Khajiit Texture-4096

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/4686/

therefore, I prefer a texture with integrated veins! :classic_smile:

But nobody is referring to bodyslide! Like I said earlier, bodyslide has nothing to do with this. lol.

Racemenu overlays are being discussed.
OP wants a basic overlay with the texture they're currently using, so they don't want a custom texture.
They want a simple overlay without a normal map so we obviously can't add 'vein bulges'.

Bodyslide = No reason to be discussed here.
Different texture = No.
Currently Used texture = Yes.
Racemenu = Maybe.
Slavetats = Maybe.

I'm obviously failing to convey something basic here, so I hope at least others understand it. Sigh. Okay, you guys have fun. This is weirdly discouraging.

1 hour ago, kataura said:

But nobody is referring to bodyslide! Like I said earlier, bodyslide has nothing to do with this. lol.

Racemenu overlays are being discussed.
OP wants a basic overlay with the texture they're currently using, so they don't want a custom texture.
They want a simple overlay without a normal map so we obviously can't add 'vein bulges'.

Bodyslide = No reason to be discussed here.
Different texture = No.
Currently Used texture = Yes.
Racemenu = Maybe.
Slavetats = Maybe.

I'm obviously failing to convey something basic here, so I hope at least others understand it. Sigh. Okay, you guys have fun. This is weirdly discouraging.

Oops, sorry I get mixed up it, of course, I also meant Racemenu end not BodySlide!
but still the veins are on the skin, and as already said unrealistic and nothing for me.
but if OP a veins tattoo wants, who am I and I wish you a lot of fun with it. :classic_wink:

1 hour ago, kataura said:

Very rough initial test. Kept it light for now.

versions with different width, density and opacity could be added.

Hide contents

Elder Scrolls V  Skyrim Screenshot 2018.10.29 - 15.52.19.85.png

Elder Scrolls V  Skyrim Screenshot 2018.10.29 - 15.53.22.79.png

For starters, it looks good, but one thing stands out immediately!
Both breasts have the same vein structure, as if the breast was mirrored!
You have to try to integrate different veins, if it is possible at all.

2 hours ago, kataura said:

Very rough initial test. Kept it light for now.

versions with different width, density and opacity could be added.

Reveal hidden contents

Elder Scrolls V  Skyrim Screenshot 2018.10.29 - 15.52.19.85.png

Elder Scrolls V  Skyrim Screenshot 2018.10.29 - 15.53.22.79.png

Looks good!

Imo, the density is a bit too high and the color could lean more towards blue instead of black-ish.

Are you using CBBE or UNP?

I think it looks very promising. It depends a bit if you are going to do that for Slavetats or for Racemenu. With Racemenu, you have more control over the color and the intensity of the overlay - which might be a very good thing as tastes concerning intensity might vary a lot.

I assume because it's a rough test you only focused on the upper half of the breast, not (yet) on the sides and underboob?

35 minutes ago, Alter Native said:

Looks good!

Imo, the density is a bit too high and the color could lean more towards blue instead of black-ish.

Are you using CBBE or UNP?

This is UUNP (Once these are done, changing them for CBBE wont be too hard)and yeah, I didn't bother much with the colour in Racemenu, just the opacity, the user could move the colour slider to get the colour they want because stuff appears differently depending on enb and textures. I'd rather leave it up to the user. Now, I'm imagining someone using the glow option in racemenu and using something like mana tanks to go with it. hahah. I agree about the density too, so I might make different versions.

35 minutes ago, Roachboy said:

I think it looks very promising. It depends a bit if you are going to do that for Slavetats or for Racemenu. With Racemenu, you have more control over the color and the intensity of the overlay - which might be a very good thing as tastes concerning intensity might vary a lot.

I assume because it's a rough test you only focused on the upper half of the breast, not (yet) on the sides and underboob?

It is Racemenu and yeah I only focused on the lateral branches and not the medial branches for now, just to test it out. I've got a ton of personal work to finish before I focus on this.

Ideas are welcome, even those concerning other types of overlays

Well ... since you're asking for other ideas of overlays ... I'm looking for scars ... not those big, scary ones that are already available, but smaller ones, very light ones ... more like ritual scars or wounds that did not go that deep (scratches), preferably arms and stomach.

The ideal way to do this is as PNG files (lossless compression, much smaller than DDS) with just the veins and alpha transparency, for use in Texture Blender.  Then you can apply them to any skin.  I'm not sure why people want to try to do everything with RaceMenu or SlaveTats.  They're not the right tools for the job.  RaceMenu's only run in-game and is a real hassle to use for putting stuff on NPCs.  SlaveTats is basically applying a gear item to a body slot.  It's much more sensible to just apply them to the actual female skin texture (either game-wide, or for a specific follower) with TexBlend.  The trick to this is editing TB's config file to not write directly to your live game but to a temp folder, and then install the textures exactly where you need them after making sure they're what you want and probably after doing some DDSopt or Ordenador texture optimization.

Anyway, if someone makes them in this form (or as PSD or DDS files, as long as they're transparent overlays with just the veins), I'll be glad to integrate them into Body Options TexBlend UNP UUNP CBBE (such overlays, set up to work with TexBlend, are the whole point of that collection), as long as they don't come with "must ask me for permission to reuse/modify" restrictions. Body Options wouldn't be usable if people had to track down the authors of individual texture files.  Everyone gets credited in the BO readme, of course.

The advantage of racemenu/Slavetats is that I can choose who (Player charcter or with Slavetats certain NPCS) I want it applied to ... I always believed that if you go your route, every female would have those veins/tattoos whatever. I also can very quickly change looks in-game ...