Fallout New California (mod)

Rokabur

36 minutes ago, 2Dimm said:

they have a list with incompatible and recommended mods, but you should try to keep the list down anyway to experience the mod the way the mod authors planned... since its basically a new game

With the luck I have, it'll probably end up bricking my PC.

Doesn't matter since I'm still unable to download the mod. Mod db is overloaded and Nexus has throttled the download speed to 300KBs which is about a 6 hour download at that crap speed.

On 10/23/2018 at 3:22 PM, Rokabur said:

With the luck I have, it'll probably end up bricking my PC.

Doesn't matter since I'm still unable to download the mod. Mod db is overloaded and Nexus has throttled the download speed to 300KBs which is about a 6 hour download at that crap speed.

I think it would be better to wait awhile and let the team try to work out some of the kinks. I'm waiting for a TTW patch myself. Don't forget that FNV: The Frontier is nearing completion as well. It would be glorious to have all of those "mods" working together for one long bad-ass playthrough.

20 hours ago, KoolHndLuke said:

I think it would be better to wait awhile and let the team try to work out some of the kinks. I'm waiting for a TTW patch myself. Don't forget that FNV: The Frontier is nearing completion as well. It would be glorious to have all of those "mods" working together for one long bad-ass playthrough.

I'm not so much waiting right now to play as I am trying to consider a good SPECIAL to go with since choice seems to matter even more here then in New vegas.

Can't be any worse then what I experience in New Vegas. After an hour or so the game starts to stutter and will eventually start to kinda freeze while the music still plays. I would use ENBoost but there are way too many settings to tweak when I distinctly remember ENBoost working out of the box (so to speak) for Skyrim without needing to tweak settings.

3 hours ago, Rokabur said:

Can't be any worse then what I experience in New Vegas. After an hour or so the game starts to stutter and will eventually start to kinda freeze while the music still plays. I would use ENBoost but there are way too many settings to tweak when I distinctly remember ENBoost working out of the box (so to speak) for Skyrim without needing to tweak settings.

I use ENBoost without the graphics enhancement. There is a simple setting to turn them off I think.

2 hours ago, KoolHndLuke said:

I use ENBoost without the graphics enhancement. There is a simple setting to turn them off I think.

I extracted the bare minimum of files and New Vegas will kinda stutter or extremely briefly pause every second or so. Skyrim I extracted the files and it worked as is, New Vegas it seems I'd have to manually go through the configuration files and tweak everything.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived