Costume Customizer Mod (v2.5.2) - Added Yukino Support, plus skin/shadow fixes and additional menu.ini fixes

Thanks for the great job.

I have a question.

I went back through the thread and was wondering if anyone knows how to actually do"export/save-off the materials referenced by their ps-cb2"?

"Saving a ps-cb2 with custom materials will save both the ps-cb2 and the appropriate *.material.xml."

I expect this is what is done, but I don't know exactly how.

Or maybe I am mistaken in some big way...

On 5/15/2021 at 12:36 AM, KuroKaze78 said:

@SavageMoonBoy

Planned implementation:

• MyCustomPSCB2.buf
    • Standard ps-cb2 as it is now.
  • MyCustomPSCB2.material.xml
    • XML File with all the parameters used by compute shader
    • Values
      • Base Red
      • Base Green
      • Base Blue
      • IBL Diffuse (in-game previewer only supports 1 value for all RGB)
        • Red
        • Green
        • Blue
      • IBL Specular (in-game previewer only supports 1 value for all RGB)
        • Red
        • Green
        • Blue
      • Rim (in-game previewer only supports 1 value for all RGB)
        • Red
        • Green
        • Blue
      • Velvety (in-game previewer only supports 1 value for all RGB)
        • Red
        • Green
        • Blue
      • Ambient (in-game previewer only supports 1 value for all RGB)
        • Red
        • Green
        • Blue
      • Metallic
      • Reflectance
      • Specular Scale
      • Glossiness
      • Misc1 Multiply
      • Misc1 Add
      • Misc2 Multiply
      • Misc2 Add
      • Scatter Rate
      • Scatter Depth

The PS-CB2 editor will be revamped to properly decode the material index. Options would be to either define a number specifically, force material editor reserved ID (2048), or define/import custom materials.

If import is selected, then by specifying the matching cs-t12 (for that ps-cb2 dump since it changes every so often) and the appropriate original material index, it will pre-populate the custom material editor with the original values.

Saving a ps-cb2 with custom materials will save both the ps-cb2 and the appropriate *.material.xml.

Saving a ps-cb2 without custom materials will save the ps-cb2 and rename a matching *.material.xml to *.material.xml.bak

Loading a ps-cb2 file with a matching *.material.xml file will auto-select custom materials in the PSCB2 editor gui and load the *.material.xml file.

There will be another script file that will handle strictly the re-organizing of the custom materials and updates to the ps-cb2 buf files (ID parameter only). This new script file will also be called automatically by the existing update.bat. The new script file would be more for people that only use custom material functions w/o CostumeCustomizer.

The script will invoke a new tool that will locate all *.material.xml file in the DOAXVV Game folder.

1. Generate an empty cs-t96 (mirrors cs-t12)
  2. For each *.material.xml with a matching ps-cb2 buffer (by name)
    1. Increment custom material ID
    2. Save material parameters from *.material.xml into cs-t96 buffer at the material ID index
    3. Copy ps-cb2 buffer to ps-cb2.buf.orig
      1. IF ps-cb2.buf.orig exists, maintain the original ID from the .orig file and update all other parameters in the .orig file to match the latest ps-cb2.buf file
    4. Update ps-cb2.buf file to use the current custom material ID
  3. Save cs-t96 so its merged with the cs-t12 via CS ShaderRegex at runtime

Basically what all this means is, in the end, custom defined materials will be coupled with their respective ps-cb2 buffers and used by whatever meshes use that ps-cb2. Only if a user selects via the material-editor GUI to override the material parameters would it overwrite the original ones and even then it would only be temporary in-game. The reason why its overriding them now, is because the test version is effectively the same as if a user selected all meshes to be overridden but that isn't the intended implementation at release.

Regarding the "default" material settings; technically, up until now, all meshes not using ps-cb2 have been using Takao's material parameters which may not match the "default" custom material editor parameters. I would like to use a shared custom material ps-cb2 as a default (if no custom ps-cb2 is provided by a mod-pack) in order to stop "caching" the original Takao ps-cb2 buffer which apparently doesn't work for people that are using on-board graphics cards, while providing my own default ps-cb2 buffer should fix that for them, and to your point it should likely be based off Takao's material parameters so that mod-packs don't look any different from how they do today if using that default ps-cb2.

On 10/31/2022 at 6:20 AM, KuroKaze78 said:

@muriri

Which version (DMM/Steam) and can you provide a screenshot? I can't reproduce in DMM, also make sure Honoka is assigned the matching slot for which one she is wearing (Takao/Dewa).

@lroevie

In the past, there was an issue with other mods that resulted in double counting PS-Shaders. If a mod then performed its own draw call, it would be drawn the total number of times the PS-Shader was matched resulting in alpha-blended items becoming darker and darker.

I don't use any ShaderOverrides that call "checktextureoverride" or run any of the ase CommandListClothes/Skin or anything like that which would be capable of such an issue. I would check the other mods you have installed to see if they do such a thing.

@Dudebro90

Yes, the material indexes changed around once again which for now still requires corrected ps-cb2 resources to their new index. On that note, I'd like to share that I got custom imported materials to work, which once released should help alleviate that problem in the future.

This will allow modders to export/save-off the materials referenced by their ps-cb2 so they aren't affected by the game's material array changing and also allow persistent custom materials that aren't available in the game's provided material array. Also, while it uses MaterialEditor.ini shader logic, the importing shaders and using them alongside ps-cb2 is available globally to any mod as long as CC is installed (or some cut-out portion of the relevant shader logic if you are against using CC).

image.thumb.png.17ccee0f6b73cad0207651c51f21405c.png

image.png.136559fd8817fbc8e7cfbd9f9f14d1de.png

• 2 weeks later...

image.thumb.png.f0ed174f3e285c13b23bfec3dcd6d494.png

Can someone explain why the same CCmod, in the steam version of the game (right), some parts appear normal, but some parts are switching between black in high frequency?
Of course, all the materials about this suit (including .buf files) are taken from the DMM version.
I need a hint to decide whether to remedy this for the steam version…?

16 hours ago, starash said:

image.thumb.png.f0ed174f3e285c13b23bfec3dcd6d494.png

Can someone explain why the same CCmod, in the steam version of the game (right), some parts appear normal, but some parts are switching between black in high frequency?
Of course, all the materials about this suit (including .buf files) are taken from the DMM version.
I need a hint to decide whether to remedy this for the steam version…?

DMM ps-cb2 shaders format changed around the time photo filters were introduced - so I guess Steam hasn't caught up yet. In the Steam version you can look for and dump the ps-cb2 buf files from outfits with similar materials. Or try out some of the buf files that other CC modders use (Savage Moon Boy)

I have necessary CCM installed in correct directory

I have necessary prerequisites such as 3Dvisionfix, etc installed in correct directories

I have most updated d3dx.ini

I have mods turned on with F2 function

I have correct swimsuit (Takao) equipped to the character

Mods are appearing as enabled in Mod Manager

In game, CTRL+F3 works and opens appropriate menu

However, F3 still not working for me to pull up the customization menu. Its getting a little frustrating for me because I already went thru all pages of this thread and still nothing is working for me. Any other help would be appreciated :)

UPDATE: I got it working, I guess faulty mods were to blame lol

Edited by mesmerizetiger

I don't know if this is new... For DMM, Sayuri's shadow was missing.

I was using "PATCH_CostumeCustomizer_v2.5.2_01PageSimple.zip" then I tried another version but it didn't fix.

I updated the hash for "[TextureOverrideSayuriFace1]" - using the vb0 hash for her head's "shadow mesh"

[TextureOverrideSayuriFace1]
hash = 6c842ed5
if $suitShadowActive == 1
  pre $shadowSlot = $\Mods\Costumes\CostumeCustomizer\Menu.ini\configSayuriSlot
  run = CommandListQueueShadowSlot
  $suitShadowActive = 0
endif

hi there, i've met a weird bug, my d3dxuser.ini has a strange recort:

$\mods\costumes\costumecustomizer\menu - $\mods\costumes\costumecustomizer\menu - $\mods\costumes\costumecustomizer\menu - $\mods\costumes\costumecustomizer\menu - $\mods\costumes\costumecustomizer\menu - $\mods\costumes\costumecustomizer\menu - $\mods\costumes\costumecustomizer\menu - $\mods\costumes\costumecustomizer\menu - $\mods\costumes\costumecustomizer\menu - $\mods\costumes\costumecustomizer\menu - $\mods\costumes\costumecustomizer\menu - $\mods\costumes\costumecustomizer\menu - $\mods\costumes\costumecustomizer\menu - $\mods\costumes\costumecustomizer\menu - $\mods\costumes\costumecustomizer\menu - $\mods\costumes\costumecustomizer\menu - $\mods\costumes\costumecustomizer\menu - $\mods\costumes\costumecustomizer\menu - $\mods\costumes\costumecustomizer\menu - $\mods\costumes\costumecustomizer\menu - $\mods\costumes\costumecustomizer\menu - $\mods\costumes\costumecustomizer\menu - $\mods\costumes\costumecustomizer\menu - $\mods\costumes\costumecustomizer\menu - $\mods\costumes\costumecustomizer\menu - $\mods\costumes\costumecustomizer\menu - $\mods\costumes\costumecustomizer\menu.ini\configkasumimisakislot = 1

only this config slot has this problem. And I dont know if it's because of this, sometimes my cc menu changes page by 2. whenever I go to next page, I will go to the one after...

On 4/10/2023 at 11:03 PM, mesmerizetiger said:

I have necessary CCM installed in correct directory

I have necessary prerequisites such as 3Dvisionfix, etc installed in correct directories

I have most updated d3dx.ini

I have mods turned on with F2 function

I have correct swimsuit (Takao) equipped to the character

Mods are appearing as enabled in Mod Manager

In game, CTRL+F3 works and opens appropriate menu

However, F3 still not working for me to pull up the customization menu. Its getting a little frustrating for me because I already went thru all pages of this thread and still nothing is working for me. Any other help would be appreciated :)

UPDATE: I got it working, I guess faulty mods were to blame lol

What did you do to get it fixed?

• 3 weeks later...

I updated cc mod recently but when i update, i also changed common.ini, honoka.ini, marie.ini file in each cc mod files(1,2,3,...470)... can i changed these ini file automatically?? Or should i re-download all cc mod...??? holy...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi, last week i started the game after downloading a new NVidia GameReady Driver. The game downloaded two .dll files while startup (not via Steam though), and now my game always crashes on startup when i have the CC folder inside my DOAXVV game files. Ive already did a clean reinstall but the issue persists. The game also doesnt show me any error codes, it just crashes on startup. Anyone got an idea how to fix this?

Edited by Pwnsy

@Pwnsy
I'll make an irresponsible suggestion: reinstall the Steam application as well.

Remember to keep the original appcache and steamapps\common folder to avoid Steam to double-check and install the original game files.

I just couldn't use Steam Overlay in the game because Steam was out of order.

Maybe you are also having a weird problem with the Steam app.

Of course, if you're not using the Steam version, consider me unanswered.

Edited by starash
On 6/6/2023 at 3:42 PM, Pwnsy said:

Hi, last week i started the game after downloading a new NVidia GameReady Driver. The game downloaded two .dll files while startup (not via Steam though), and now my game always crashes on startup when i have the CC folder inside my DOAXVV game files. Ive already did a clean reinstall but the issue persists. The game also doesnt show me any error codes, it just crashes on startup. Anyone got an idea how to fix this?

I'm having the same problem.
After updating to the latest nvidia driver, it now crashes on boot when CC is enabled.

So I have reverted the driver back to 531.79

• 3 weeks later...

I recently got dewa swimsuit for koharu, but all of my CC swimsuit are broken.

It's my first time I got dewa, so I cannot try with other girls.

Takao work just fine, any idea?

Im using ver 2.5.2 1 page with disabled custom material, and tried with other older version but no luck.

image.png.f758d80c78e6aa32ddd79068d8668566.png

Edited by tk66