Costume Customizer Mod (v2.5.2) - Added Yukino Support, plus skin/shadow fixes and additional menu.ini fixes

On 1/14/2019 at 5:37 AM, KuroKaze78 said:

So, this is one of those mods where the mod differs so much from the original. So, I'm hoping people won't get too upset (not to mention it's only an SR and not an SSR) about bringing over just a collar and tail. I've been actually planning on making those 2 pieces available as accessories as I've already transferred the collars for each character model and the tails is even easier (except I'm not sure if i can get it to move like it does in the original). Also, a quick variation that doesn't include the bell. I've also been meaning to migrate some additional footwear over to be compatible.

DOAX-VenusVacation_190114_054739.jpg.e0a423ce2cb3bfe07aa42b64206340a5.jpgDOAX-VenusVacation_190114_054723.jpg.36b50ac5e9761c951632097c2cf50f1d.jpg

Here's a quick WIP pack with the collar variations and also a quick relocation of the nipple chain for the Momiji variant Beach Paradise boobs which I tend to use most often.

[CostumeCustomizer] WIP_ModPack_1_13_2019.zip 1.83 MB · 884 downloads

Update: Just realized you also meant to use the bottoms from the Black Cat SR suit. Like I alluded, I know there are complaints about SSR Swapping, but there hasn't really been any discussion about SR swapping, especially Event SRs. They are easy to get, as long as you were playing the game during the event, otherwise your lucky if it comes around again. Venus SRs on the other hand are pretty much just a matter of time. The point of my Mod isn't neccessarily to faciliate 100% swapping, but in order to make pieces available for Mix-and-match, it's pretty much inevitable unless the Modder excludes key pieces to recreate the original SSR. The question to ask is how many key-pieces must be excluded until its not considered an SSR/SR swap?

This Modpack is always black and white, can you help me solve it?

微信图片_20230818002341.png

On 8/14/2023 at 10:02 PM, IHaveABigDick1 said:

for me it did and some others i think. last one that's good was 531.79 or something i think. idk why it doesnt work, but my total war and rockstar games were janky too. i downgraded cause gta with mods doesnt work anyway so i dont care lol

Just tried to roll back to this version with an old installer BUT it doesnt work. Trying to install 531.79 will result in installing the version 536.23 (which doesnt seem to be able to run the game). Does anyone have a solution to this?

38 minutes ago, Pwnsy said:

Just tried to roll back to this version with an old installer BUT it doesnt work. Trying to install 531.79 will result in installing the version 536.23 (which doesnt seem to be able to run the game). Does anyone have a solution to this?

So what worked for me now is the following:

- remove anything related to the Nvidia Corporation from your PC via Apps & Features
- uninstall your graphics device in the Device Manager

- remove any leftover Nvidia folders in your Program Files
- completely remove any entry from Nvidia in Regedit

Hope this helps some other people too who have been having issues

Edited by Pwnsy
removing typos
On 8/18/2023 at 1:54 AM, Pwnsy said:

use nvidia downgrader, it was some app that allows you to downgrade with a custom installation like no nvidia geforce or overlay or whatnot. 531.79 works fine for me. dont do it through nvidia i did it through a downgrader

• 2 weeks later...

Hello! Recently I've been trying tantrave's CC mods and I just can't make them work properly on my setup. They either have transparency issues, loss of color, or both. Here are some samples:

Libra (only common type) | Patreon
Kumanomi v1.3 (Added Honoka's parker) | Patreon

Nemophila (only common type) | Patreon

image.jpeg.a06bf9bffcdf8c12e976e9be8206b6c7.jpeg

image.jpeg.1aa7269f79623085ee2e6fed5d214b29.jpeg

DOAX_VV_tGzc2tJp9D.png.4d34901a563f45eb10b807831cde86d2.png

I'll attach my current d3dx.ini in case it helps understanding the context (I tried with multiple ones scattered across the forum but it didn't change anything). I had some issues with a couple Maasim's old mods and he fixed them by giving me a tweaked version of the common.ini file switching some .buf files. Nonetheless, this is happening in almost every mod tantrave has posted in his patreon archive.

Any ideas to troubleshoot are very appreciated.

Notes:

Steam Client
AMD GPU, Driver 31.0.21001.45002, Win10 64
3DMigoto v2.3
CostumeCustomizer v2.5.2

d3dx.ini

Edited by Guyo97
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi, I use the Steam-Version and installed Version 2.5.2 of Costume Customizer. The Takao swimsuit is equipped as private outfit. But the F3-key doesn't open the customization menu.
Private-Outfit-Screenshot-2023-09-20-081

The material menu opens with CTRL+F3 and it closes with F3.
Material-Menu-Screenshot-2023-09-20-0818

I installed it according to the guide on the mod page:

This is what the Mod Manager looks like:
Mod-Manager-Screenshot-2023-09-20-081416

I already tried to install it repeatedly and also once completely reinstalled the game (uninstall it via steam and delete the remaining folder afterwards).
I looked in this topic and the solutions of other people with this problem did not work for me.
Can someone help me with that, please?

39 minutes ago, Zola441 said:

Hi, I use the Steam-Version and installed Version 2.5.2 of Costume Customizer. The Takao swimsuit is equipped as private outfit. But the F3-key doesn't open the customization menu.
Private-Outfit-Screenshot-2023-09-20-081

The material menu opens with CTRL+F3 and it closes with F3.
Material-Menu-Screenshot-2023-09-20-0818

I installed it according to the guide on the mod page:

This is what the Mod Manager looks like:
Mod-Manager-Screenshot-2023-09-20-081416

I already tried to install it repeatedly and also once completely reinstalled the game (uninstall it via steam and delete the remaining folder afterwards).
I looked in this topic and the solutions of other people with this problem did not work for me.
Can someone help me with that, please?

This video might help you.

https://ody.sh/WcTtLHvEjY

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Regarding swapping vs-cb2(pose) from body to suit and the reverse(suit to body):

Been trying to solve the problem of mapping suit pose from suit mesh to body mesh when there are multiple characters wearing the same suit of the same body type are in scene. 

Since all hashes related to suit seems to be identical for all characters, this results in only one suit pose is being applied to all body mesh when multiple characters are wearing the same suit.

As @krunkDunk suggests, I tried to read through your code which seems to do the reverse: apply body pose to suit mesh, but can't seem to understand the full picture. Since there seems to be a lot of other stuff entangled within.

Would be appreciate if you could point out the key CommandLists/variables that can achieve this. 

This is an example mod Im working on:Cygnus_BodyPink.rar

only for kokoro and misaki for シグナス swimsuit image.png.235b7f4338e4eb17d79e36e361e6e341.png

After applying what I think are the essential operations from your mod into my mod, the result is different from just directly applying pose but still doesn't allow both girl's pose to be applied at the same time, and even resulted in temporary pose freeze even when its just a single character in the scene. 

Currently the only thing that I think im missing from your mod is the stuff about $menuSlot variable, but it doesn't seem like its actually related to the pose.

Edited by Honoka012

After Furthur investigation, I might have come up with a reason why this wasn't working in the first place. 

First of all, we have to assume that the order of the draw calls appear in a frame dump actually affects how the game render the draw call and how 3DMigoto access data from them.

If this is correct, then it seems like the main problem might simply be due to the fact that the order of draw calls is alwasy face then body then clothing.

When multiple characters are in the scene, the game does the draw call by finishing all the faces first, then body, then clothing. 

The general order for the draw call is the same when multiple girls are in scene, but it seems like either of these case can happen:

1. Girl1 Face Girl1 Body Girl2 Face Girl2 Body

2. Girl1 Face Girl2 Face Girl1 Body Girl2 Body

This means that when you are applying body pose to suit mesh, there shouldn't be any problem, since the body draw call always exists before the suit draw call, so there is always a valid pose for the suit mesh to be applied to .

However, when Im doing the reverse, since the suit draw call happens after the body draw call, somehow when 3DMigoto is referencing the suit draw call from body mesh, it registers nothing and therefore the order is messed up.

However, I somehow was able to half-accomplish this in a wierd way. Somehow by storing the girl order using the face hash (im not sure what this hash is actually representing, these hashes are from the [TextureOverrideTamakiFace1] etc in your mod), and matching it to the body PS-T0 hash when trying to draw the body mesh applied with suit pose, some girls are able to coexist in the same scene without missing suit pose applied to body mesh.

The working girls in this mod are: Misaki, Kokoro, Nyotengu, Tamaki. The existence of Leifang and Monica breaks the matching. And I'm not quite sure about the reason.

Haven't tested all other girls.

And even if this method works on all girls, Misaki and Kasumi can never coexist without breaking, since they share the same body mesh's PS-T0.

But then I'm not really sure why this method would work provided my previous assumption about the draw call order.

Here is the half-working mod:Cygnus_BodyPink half working.rar

Would be really appreciated if you could point out the reason for all this, or provide some alternative solution to the problem.

My apologies for not actually stating the main problem in the first place, so here it is:
Certain costumes do not have all VGs(vertex groups)/bones for their body mesh, and instead these missing VGs exist on other suit/clothing mesh. Therefore, to make sure that one can generate a full nude body from these costumes, one must pair the body mesh(only the vertices from the missing VGs) to suit pose in some way.

Currently there seems to be two obvious ways for me.

1. Replace the suit mesh with a body mesh in the suit's VB/IB [TextureOverride] section. However, I wasn't able to accomplish this as I wasn't able to remove the straing coloring as a side effect regardless of trying to copy over all PS-T# resources from the body draw call([TextureOverride] section).

2. Add a new body mesh [TextureOverride] section and copy over the pose from suit. This works 100% for single character in scene, but then the side effects with multiple characters in scene is as stated above.

3. If there is some other way to actually obtain all the missing VGs from the body mesh.

11 hours ago, teddy_DOAXVV said:

Kurokaze mentioned shader rewriting and I do believe it is almost the only method without drawbacks, 

Thanks for the suggestion but do you know what direction I should look into? Cause so far I don't really have a clue. Not really fimiliar with all the graphical terms and what they actually mean.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm guessing I'm not the only one with CC graphic issues. For me it has bleached most mods and turned them black/grey/white.
I'm puzzled tho if downgrading my CG drivers is more convenient than a CC fix.
(I'm having no bone issues or swimsuit overlapping and creating transparencies in certain areas)

That being said, if someone is dealing with my minor problem I'd appreciate if you can share the fix. ?

(OFFTOPIC: I managed to delete an anal plug for CC. Can anyone share it's location on the forums for me, pls)

On 11/23/2023 at 1:09 PM, Kallayr said:

I'm guessing I'm not the only one with CC graphic issues. For me it has bleached most mods and turned them black/grey/white.
I'm puzzled tho if downgrading my CG drivers is more convenient than a CC fix.
(I'm having no bone issues or swimsuit overlapping and creating transparencies in certain areas)

That being said, if someone is dealing with my minor problem I'd appreciate if you can share the fix. ?

(OFFTOPIC: I managed to delete an anal plug for CC. Can anyone share it's location on the forums for me, pls)

Try this if you are using my mods.

https://www.patreon.com/posts/shine-effects-01-45111240

On 11/24/2023 at 10:57 PM, SavageMoonBoy said:

Try this if you are using my mods.

https://www.patreon.com/posts/shine-effects-01-45111240

It's not working. I followed the 2 steps you wrote on the link you gave me. Maybe I missed something?
Where do I place the resulting buf folder?

If you may, can you be more thorough?

I'm very thankful for your assistance despite I'm not making it work lol ?

Edit: Some have colours, some do not. Maybe I do need a mod update? (E.g.: Sailorsuits have color, but the pictured below still doesn't)

Clipboard01.gif

Edited by Kallayr
image missing, extra text
2 hours ago, Kallayr said:

It's not working. I followed the 2 steps you wrote on the link you gave me. Maybe I missed something?
Where do I place the resulting buf folder?

If you may, can you be more thorough?

I'm very thankful for your assistance despite I'm not making it work lol ?

Edit: Some have colours, some do not. Maybe I do need a mod update? (E.g.: Sailorsuits have color, but the pictured below still doesn't)

Clipboard01.gif

I made some modification to the guide. Try the old method first. https://www.patreon.com/posts/45111240