• 1 month later...

CTD in LAL during mod loading phase on a new game

with:

SD+ beta7

SDcages 322

SDpatches 300 for SD+ by Inte

CagedFollowers SD - 0-91

CagedFollowers SD Post 632-Beta4 Patch 092

Cages followers worked before I updated SDcages and before adding SD patches 300

Just in case someone else has that Issue and confirm this

EDIT: oh well, SDbeta7 and Inte's SDpatch300 are incompatible if _sdqs_functions wasn't removed from SDpatches 300 before installing

so my little test here just tells something about "what not to do" and not about a "compatibility issue"

No SD, Daymol patch:

Seems to clash with MagnoCumGaudio (with Defeat). Mod started sometimes after being defeated (be good if this was a configurable % though) but on fadein (Death Alternative) player can't walk. You can look around, access inventory, fight, just not leave the spot. ~EPC or DA debug options did not solve it.  Then, follower walks (struggles a bit too) nude to player and then has this mod dialogue!

The DAYMOL scripts clash, nothing else. And this mod was loaded last!?!!

Hope I can get somewhere. The behavior of followers (in Death Alternative)  has always bugged the hell out of me; only just came across this mod!!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Theres a bit of a conflict with one of the quests and Ilnaltas Deep/Deluge, first time i did this one, the boss who holds the gear is encountered before your follower{in Deep}, so the quest never gets trigged past him wanting his gear back, even though i already had it on me. Also for this particular dungeon, you have to have picked up black star, the quest, to access where hes at. Not sure if that was intentional or not.

• 6 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey is there a reverse of this mod? So the player ends up in a cage somewhere and one of their follower or housecarls has to get them out and some of the options are to buy the player and take the player as a slave or call maria eden mod and make the player the whore of the follower after a teleport to a city?

• 1 year later...

Still works with newest SD+

But it seems like Caged followers adds it's own follower system to the captured followers and never releases them.

If I try to recruit a rescued follower again with NFF, NFF will ask to import the follower as custom follower, even if that wasn't necessary before.

Freed followers also have their own follower dialogues after freeing them, so it seems something from Caged followers is stuck on those rescued followers.

Maybe a faction?

• 2 months later...

I'm a bit confused by this. It says the only hard requirement is SexLab Framework, but obviously your follower will never be captured without DA or SD+, right? I'd love if this could work with a simple Defeat post assault scenario, like 'left for dead' or 'rescued". I read it works with SD+ Cages or something, but how do you trigger it with that esp, without being enslaved, or using Death Alternative? 

I've always wanted to try SD+, but there was some reason I never did... Too many requirements? Incompatibility with a mod I can't live without? Slave gear only fits CBBE? Really confusing setup? Script heavy...? I can't remember what it was but might have been one of the above.

On 5/7/2021 at 8:58 AM, ShenGo said:

I'm a bit confused by this. It says the only hard requirement is SexLab Framework, but obviously your follower will never be captured without DA or SD+, right? I'd love if this could work with a simple Defeat post assault scenario, like 'left for dead' or 'rescued". I read it works with SD+ Cages or something, but how do you trigger it with that esp, without being enslaved, or using Death Alternative? 

I've always wanted to try SD+, but there was some reason I never did... Too many requirements? Incompatibility with a mod I can't live without? Slave gear only fits CBBE? Really confusing setup? Script heavy...? I can't remember what it was but might have been one of the above.

It seems to work without them, you can experiment by using console commands to trigger the event and see how it works without DA or SD+. I triggered the event and Jordis turned up nude in a cage in Brittleshin Pass

10 hours ago, Martianman said:

It seems to work without them, you can experiment by using console commands to trigger the event and see how it works without DA or SD+. I triggered the event and Jordis turned up nude in a cage in Brittleshin Pass

Daww, but that's not very immersive XD

I looked at SD+ again. I REALLY want to try it, but I remember now why I never did. It does indeed have a lot of requirements that I don't really want in my game. :(

I might give this a shot with the console. Are the commands listed in the opening post? I can't remember if they are lol. I'll go look now... 

Edit: Yup, I see it. And i also see the courage spell version, which I somehow missed before lol. Also not the most immersive, but still a decent option. :)

14 hours ago, ShenGo said:

I looked at SD+ again. I REALLY want to try it, but I remember now why I never did. It does indeed have a lot of requirements that I don't really want in my game. :(

I might give this a shot with the console. Are the commands listed in the opening post? I can't remember if they are lol. I'll go look now... 

Edit: Yup, I see it. And i also see the courage spell version, which I somehow missed before lol. Also not the most immersive, but still a decent option. :)

Yeah I hear ya, I'm not interested in a lot of the SD+ mod and requirements so I just skip that part and do DA.

52 minutes ago, Martianman said:

Yeah I hear ya, I'm not interested in a lot of the SD+ mod and requirements so I just skip that part and do DA.

I am interested in SD+'s features, but DA is one of the requirements I don't want to use. I've found a couple of death alternatives I like better, including Naked Defeat lol. ;)

On 5/13/2021 at 7:44 AM, ShenGo said:

I actually use a semi immersive setup  that you may be interested in, but it requires you to be familiar with SLtriggers (a mod for SE, but it actually works perfectly fine on LE)  and the way that mod calls up commands. It also uses a custom version of "caged followers test" with a modification of the example courage magic effect but just turned into it's own magic effect (so that the regular courage spell is unaffected) and the addition of a spell that uses that magic effect that sltriggers can cast.

Spoiler

{
    "cmd" :
    [
        ["actor_getfactionrank", "$self", "Skyrim.esm:378958"],
        ["if","$$","!=","0","end"],
        ["msg_notify", "BYE"],
        ["spell_cast", "CagedFollowersTest.esp:2048", "$self"],
        [":","end"]
    ]
}

Like that's command that cast the spell found in Hexadecimal 000800 (which is Decimal 2048, this is important to sltriggers)

The way you set it up on sltriggers is as a percentage chance on sex on victims, also the first getfacton rank checks to see if the actor is in the currentfollowerfaction if I remember correctly, so that only followers have a chance to get kidnapped.

If you remove that condition and just do

Spoiler

{
    "cmd" :
    [
        ["msg_notify", "BYE"],
    ]
}

Then anyone can be kidnapped depending on the chances of triggering that you set in SLtriggers. And by anyone I mean anyone, including the player character. Though you can set it on sltriggers so it triggers only on "not player" but that still means that anyone else can get kidnapped. Still the mod only seems to have slots for 8 kidnapped people, so I wouldn't recommend trimming the faction check.

This way you can avoid both SD+ and DA, but you do have to install sltriggers and get mildly familiar with it, it's a powerful mod if you want effects and consequences to happen from sexy times, but I've done most of the work already, still have a look in TESEDIT and sltriggers manual and try to understand what's gong on.

CagedFollowersTest.esp

CagedFollowersFinal.json

2 hours ago, ttpt said:

I actually use a semi immersive setup  that you may be interested in, but it requires you to be familiar with SLtriggers (a mod for SE, but it actually works perfectly fine on LE)  and the way that mod calls up commands. It also uses a custom version of "caged followers test" with a modification of the example courage magic effect but just turned into it's own magic effect (so that the regular courage spell is unaffected) and the addition of a spell that uses that magic effect that sltriggers can cast.

Reveal hidden contents

{
    "cmd" :
    [
        ["actor_getfactionrank", "$self", "Skyrim.esm:378958"],
        ["if","$$","!=","0","end"],
        ["msg_notify", "BYE"],
    ]
}

Like that's command that cast the spell found in Hexadecimal 000800 (which is Decimal 2048, this is important to sltriggers)

The way you set it up on sltriggers is as a percentage chance on sex on victims, also the first getfacton rank checks to see if the actor is in the currentfollowerfaction if I remember correctly, so that only followers have a chance to get kidnapped.

If you remove that condition and just do

Reveal hidden contents

{
    "cmd" :
    [
        ["msg_notify", "BYE"],
    ]
}

Then anyone can be kidnapped depending on the chances of triggering that you set in SLtriggers. And by anyone I mean anyone, including the player character. Though you can set it on sltriggers so it triggers only on "not player" but that still means that anyone else can get kidnapped. Still the mod only seems to have slots for 8 kidnapped people, so I wouldn't recommend trimming the faction check.

This way you can avoid both SD+ and DA, but you do have to install sltriggers and get mildly familiar with it, it's a powerful mod if you want effects and consequences to happen from sexy times, but I've done most of the work already, still have a look in TESEDIT and sltriggers manual and try to understand what's gong on.

CagedFollowersTest.esp 1.21 kB · 0 downloads

CagedFollowersFinal.json 223 B · 0 downloads

Does that mean I have to be familiar with how scripts work? 

Edit: Oh, that's the new SL Util1. I wanted to try it (since the Util1 was missing an option I needed), but didn't cause it was for SE. Hmmm, now I'm curious, but I don't know how jsons work, so I wouldn't be able to make my own for other effects. :( I'll give it a look, though, especially if there are any presets already included that can help me get started on some of the things I'd wanted to use Util1 for...

Edit 2: I'm not sure what my deal is. Whether it's a heavily modded game, or bare minimum. SexLab Util1, or SL Triggers. Your preset in Triggers, or a simple "at the end of a scene, apply a disease" rule in Triggers OR Util1, I can never get either mod to work. The most I can get out of it is a campfire light that doesn't apply heat (even though someone told me it did, and that was why I got Util1 in the first place... So I wouldn't die if a Defeat scene triggered during a blizzard). I appreciate you sharing your files though. :)

9 hours ago, ShenGo said:

Does that mean I have to be familiar with how scripts work? 

Edit: Oh, that's the new SL Util1. I wanted to try it (since the Util1 was missing an option I needed), but didn't cause it was for SE. Hmmm, now I'm curious, but I don't know how jsons work, so I wouldn't be able to make my own for other effects. :( I'll give it a look, though, especially if there are any presets already included that can help me get started on some of the things I'd wanted to use Util1 for...

Edit 2: I'm not sure what my deal is. Whether it's a heavily modded game, or bare minimum. SexLab Util1, or SL Triggers. Your preset in Triggers, or a simple "at the end of a scene, apply a disease" rule in Triggers OR Util1, I can never get either mod to work. The most I can get out of it is a campfire light that doesn't apply heat (even though someone told me it did, and that was why I got Util1 in the first place... So I wouldn't die if a Defeat scene triggered during a blizzard). I appreciate you sharing your files though. :)

both util1 and triggers can be a bit temperamental, I think both have a debug option you can turn on to see what it's doing if it's doing anything the jsons go into the \SKSE\Plugins\sl_triggers\commands folder and the name of the file is the name of the command, there's a bunch of command there you can try out and see what happens. Also I think you do need consoleutil, can't remember for sure but that mod doesn't even have an esp so it doesn't hurt to have.

As for the campfire light, the one you actually want that produces heat frostfall recognizes is "Light Campfire", the "Cast Light" one is similar to the candlelight spell so that's not gonna do it. "Cast light" can be helpful to see if things are actually working out.

As far as my command goes, it's set up "event = end", "actor = victim", "actor race = not player", "gender = female", and the chance at 5%, if you want to test it out you can set the chance to 100% and set the "actor = any" so that any kind of sex will launch it, it also still checks for the currentfollowerfaction which in vanilla is set to 0 on followers that are currently following you, but multiple follower mods could be fiddly, so using setfactionrank 5c84e 0 on a follower to manually put them in the correct faction can work. Oh, and command1 is cagefollowersfinal obviously.

Like this looks complicated but you don't actually need to learn how scripts work, much less how sltrigger's scripts work specifically which are different from skyrim's own scripting language.