Caged Followers

7 hours ago, AkiKay said:

1. I surrendered to some Draugr. After a fight with other Bandits (My Owner died right when he captured me thats why i could fight) my Follower was gone. When i went to a bar , i crashed (Not this Mod) when i loaded there was about 20 Messages saying that I have been enslaved (The Message that appears when you surrender with SD) and 1 message that my Follower was abducted. 

2. Not sure where i was. Somewhere at a passage where bandits would drop 2 sets of Boulders down on you. Near a River. Live another Life, Outlaw start.

3. No Quest ever appeared

4. I have the SD Version. 

5. Yes she was undressed and had shackles on (only on arms) when she suddenly appeared behind me.

6. A Modded Follower. Buxom Wench Yuriana -Tank Healer Support Follower- and Captured Wenches

You mean you had a pop-up, something like "Your follower is dragged away in bondage..."? That's from SD, there's a 20% chance that it sends the follower to Mistwatch and keeps them there (as far as I have seen even after the owner died), but it should be fully replaced by my mod. Can you check if you are using the SD-version (with CagedFollowers.esp) as well as SD 3.62 Beta 4 or my patch?

32 minutes ago, LB89 said:

You mean you had a pop-up, something like "Your follower is dragged away in bondage..."? That's from SD, there's a 20% chance that it sends the follower to Mistwatch and keeps them there (as far as I have seen even after the owner died), but it should be fully replaced by my mod. Can you check if you are using the SD-version (with CagedFollowers.esp) as well as SD 3.62 Beta 4 or my patch?

Yeah Sure ill have a look. Ill edit this post to add some information when i got it.

I gave it a test and even with sd 361 or sd 362 beta5 I get the same behavior.

The test courage spell triggers the quest perfectly fine, but surrendering via SD or triggering by other means produces the behavior that when the message "you follower is taken away in bondage" they indeed get taken away to a random location, not just mistwatch, but it does not trigger the quest, so it's impossible to locate them by asking around. The reason I know they are taken away to a random place is that if you know your follower's refid you can use the console to move yourself to their location, but they don't trigger the quest dialogue and the chief in the location does not have a cell key or a bag of equipment.

I'd have run some tests with DA but DA just makes my game unstable because it doesn't play well with the modified defeat I have.

Still though, the fact that the courage spell test can make it work means there doesn't seem to be a fundamental problem with the mod, but the SD trigger implementation may have some problems

So clearly the SD stuff has problems, but the modified magic effect from the test esp works wonders. I made a duplicate of the courage spell that's aimed at self, and with the help of sexlabutil I was able to add that duplicate spell to be cast on a victim after sex so that anyone that gets assaulted can get kidnapped.

sexlabutil also has the ability to send mod events but I wasn't able to figure out how to do that exactly so the custom self targeted spell was faster to set up. It had to be self targeted because the normal one was cast from the victim, so on initial tests, after sex the bandit that assaulted the PC got kidnapped and also lead to wild shots of kidnap spell flying of from victims that cold potentially hit anyone. Also of note is that I had to make the sexlabutil condition to not target the player, because it turns out if you cast the spell on the PC you will get teleported to a random cage in the wild and get a quest about asking about your own whereabouts.

Obviously the repercussions of anyone being kidnappable at this point are not well understood but it's pretty fun nonetheless, at least you get a quest when that happens. This also basically makes this mod interact with any mod that triggers assaults like defeat or scent of sex and whatnot.

14 hours ago, AkiKay said:

Yeah Sure ill have a look. Ill edit this post to add some information when i got it.

8 hours ago, ttpt said:

I gave it a test and even with sd 361 or sd 362 beta5 I get the same behavior.

I've checked it and found that in building the final version I had changed the ID of the record SD uses to start the quests. Who could anticipate that merging several files and letting the script change IDs could cause problems ?‍♂️?

New patches are up. For beta 4 and 5 use the "CagedFollowers SD Post 632-Beta4 Patch 092". I am doing some rebuilding on my side and will make sure the next version wont cause this problem.

And for some other news, I have now finalized the features for the next version, which I hope to bring out by the end of next week:

- Adding the option to meet the captors at a location in the wilderness so you can buy your follower back even if you are unfriendly with them. Which means you can now:

- You can suggest a trade, the captive for another follower or yourself. Of course with the captors being criminals, they will try to trick you. And if you try to sell a follower, they will be quite upset with you, leading to:

- Simple holding system for disgruntled or sold followers. In the first version it will just move them out of the way for a few days, but it will be expanded in a later version so you have to let them cool of, convince them to follow you again, or buy them back from slavery. Basically, if you sell them, they are gone for a while, but you can get them back, or they can escape and return but wont talk with you for some time.

- Some internal rebuilding so there will be only one version, adding SD to the soft dependencies, as well as exporting many of the hard-coded values into globals for better configuration.

- Add some more sex to the bartering. Right now you are only asked if you have some kind of debuff, with some rape if you try to barter them down with insufficient speech.

- Patch Defeat so I can actually register when the follower gets sent into bleedout when a health-threshold is used.

Further planned features are:

- add more DD devices to the captive, with a fallback to use zaz or the vanilla wristbindings

- add a chance (based on arousal and Mindbreak) that after a sex-scene the captor will decide to simply keep you

- MCM-menu

- add some cages to holds which have none in vanilla (some locations might get them in addition to SD Cages, but I will make sure they are compatible)

- port to SE with soft integration of SL Framework 1.63

And possibly, but that's only sketched out right now, a chance that the captors will actually have some fun with their prisoner when you arrive.

I don't want to get the mod too far out of hand, so while I might add a bit more stuff, that should basically be it. Tell me what you think, and have fun playing.

Okay, so after about two hours of testing this mod on a new save I'm happy to report my experience and hope that other people can shed some light on it.

The mod works extremely well when using the test spell. Each person I used the spell on triggered the quest and I had no issue having the quest update. For the first test I asked the nearby innkeepers about their kidnapping until I was directed to a lair filled with vampires and skeletons. Upon arriving, all parties (except the captive) were hostile so I fought my way to my follower and was able to free them with no issues.

The following few tests were irritating because every innkeeper in Skyrim apparently were born without eyes and ears and constantly told me that they had no information about my follower's disappearance. I shifted back and forth until one innkeeper told me about a drunk "seeing my follower near a spring with admirers". I searched every spring I could think of and could not find my follower, but that can be attributed to my lack of knowledge of the game world.

My final test had the innkeepers state that hunters near Falkreath had seen my follower disappear. Upon talking to the hunters at Hunter's Nest, they informed me that they could not help me because they had no information about my follower. I then asked the hunter at the Cliffside Retreat who informed me that my follower had been taken to Gallow's Rock. Upon arriving at Gallow's Rock, everyone was hostile and I once again fought my way to free my follower.

This brings up a few questions that I have and could not find answered in the posts above:

1. Provided the captors are not friendly with the PC, is the only option to free the captive be fighting until future updates? (I haven't had a chance to test this while enslaved via SD+, so this might not be the case)

2. Are there any future plans to choose which factions can kidnap the player's followers via an MCM or something similar?

3. Is there some sort of ransom note that is sent out via courier? I waited around a town for a couple ingame days before realizing that the way to progress was by asking innkeepers about the follower's disappearance.

In any case, the mod is already incredible and I appreciate your hard work! ?

5 hours ago, MyNameIsnt said:

Okay, so after about two hours of testing this mod on a new save I'm happy to report my experience and hope that other people can shed some light on it.

The mod works extremely well when using the test spell. Each person I used the spell on triggered the quest and I had no issue having the quest update. For the first test I asked the nearby innkeepers about their kidnapping until I was directed to a lair filled with vampires and skeletons. Upon arriving, all parties (except the captive) were hostile so I fought my way to my follower and was able to free them with no issues.

The following few tests were irritating because every innkeeper in Skyrim apparently were born without eyes and ears and constantly told me that they had no information about my follower's disappearance. I shifted back and forth until one innkeeper told me about a drunk "seeing my follower near a spring with admirers". I searched every spring I could think of and could not find my follower, but that can be attributed to my lack of knowledge of the game world.

My final test had the innkeepers state that hunters near Falkreath had seen my follower disappear. Upon talking to the hunters at Hunter's Nest, they informed me that they could not help me because they had no information about my follower. I then asked the hunter at the Cliffside Retreat who informed me that my follower had been taken to Gallow's Rock. Upon arriving at Gallow's Rock, everyone was hostile and I once again fought my way to free my follower.

This brings up a few questions that I have and could not find answered in the posts above:

1. Provided the captors are not friendly with the PC, is the only option to free the captive be fighting until future updates? (I haven't had a chance to test this while enslaved via SD+, so this might not be the case)

2. Are there any future plans to choose which factions can kidnap the player's followers via an MCM or something similar?

3. Is there some sort of ransom note that is sent out via courier? I waited around a town for a couple ingame days before realizing that the way to progress was by asking innkeepers about the follower's disappearance.

In any case, the mod is already incredible and I appreciate your hard work! ?

Thank you for your feedback.

I will clarify the descriptions from inn-keepers/hunters for the next update so it is clearer what was meant, but here's how it works:

There's a "cooldown" of 30 ingame-minutes (about 4 realtime) for each follower between "rumor-gathering". So if you have two followers caged, you can ask an innkeeper about both of them. However, if one of them was not known, you have to wait a bit before you can ask them (or anybody else) about that follower, or they will simply say they can't help you now.

If the question suceeds, first there's also a chance you need to bribe/persuade them.

Then, if the npc is in the same hold, you will get the quest-marker. If they are not, you get redirected to another hold (hotsprings->Windhelm, forrests->Falkreath; I will make sure they all get a short "you will have to ask around there") where you have to ask around again, as they are too far away to get any reliable info. The decription itself is fluff, and I must admit at this point I had a bit too much fun making up ridiculous rumors and didn't think everything through.

Basically, I wanted that the player has to actually search around at this point, but perhaps it's a bit to strict with the answers.

Now, to the questions:

1. You can also ask an innkeeper in the hold to pay a ransom, the follower will be freed after 1 day. If you want to test the bartering, you can add yourself to the enemy faction first (console -> help "bandit faction" -> player.addtofaction FOUND_ID 1). In the next version I will add the option to also meet the captors (or at least some types; falmer and vampires wouldn't meet you outside) so all barter options are available.

2. MCM is planned, and I can add some checkboxes to restrict location types (right now there are: Bandit, Forsworn, Mages, Vampires, Silver Hand, Witches, Falmer, Giants, Rieklings and Orc Strongholds). I can also add a "easier search"-option there so the innkeepers/hunters/etc are more forthcoming with locations.

3. No ransom note yet, but again it can be added, maybe a day after the follower is taken. I will add it to the list.

One question, how were the startup-times for the quest on your end?

16 hours ago, LB89 said:

One question, how were the startup-times for the quest on your end?

If I'm interpreting this correctly, the quest starts around 10 seconds after casting the courage spell on a follower. In the case of SD+ (Finally had a chance to test this a bit) it happened after around the same time frame. I don't know the chance that this mod will activate instead of SD+ handling the follower, but it only took around 3 or 4 quickloads before the quest triggered.

4 hours ago, lanastara said:

Does this mod work with modded followers like inigo or vilja?

Or only followers that use the vanilla follower system?

I actually ran most of my tests with a custom follower, so there should be no problem as long as the default factions (current follower, teammember) have been set.

The question is if they are using a custom slot (so you could have them along with a vanilla follower without UFO or something similar, like Vilja) or if they use the vanilla system. If they use the vanilla system, my mod will dismiss them so another follower can be hired, if they have something else this is usually not necessary.

Come to think of it, I still need to include and test frameworks that allows multiple vanilla followers, as they would be seen as custom systems and ignored, so follower slot wouldn't be released for the duration of the quest...

6 hours ago, MyNameIsnt said:

If I'm interpreting this correctly, the quest starts around 10 seconds after casting the courage spell on a follower. In the case of SD+ (Finally had a chance to test this a bit) it happened after around the same time frame. I don't know the chance that this mod will activate instead of SD+ handling the follower, but it only took around 3 or 4 quickloads before the quest triggered.

Thank you, 10 seconds should be fine. I had a few long delays of the quest recently and wanted to make sure it was something on my end.

Hi I absolutely love the idea though is there any plans or chance you would make a version that plays off defeat scenes or DA:ymoyl or even simple slavery instead of SD as that mods never been healthy for my skyrim and i'm not a big fan of it anyway. No worries if not, just that i would def love it.

1 hour ago, datguyjack said:

Hi I absolutely love the idea though is there any plans or chance you would make a version that plays off defeat scenes or DA:ymoyl or even simple slavery instead of SD as that mods never been healthy for my skyrim and i'm not a big fan of it anyway. No worries if not, just that i would def love it.

There's a patch for death alternative in the downloads, it adds a 50% chance to start the quest after blackout if the followers are not killed or dismissed instead.

From my tests it does works on custom followers, it works on basically everyone, that includes even newly spawned bandits from what I saw. I haven't tested it on creatures though, I wonder if you can have dog companions kidnapped.

Also on my earlier post I posted a way to make it work with defeat by using sexlabutil and some small modifications to the test esp. I could post that esp and the sexlabutil .ini if permitted and if anyone is interested.

But on other news, since you posted that fix for the SD stuff it seems to work perfectly. The DA patch looks lovely and I wish DA wasn't as crash prone on my game or I'd be using that instead of my workarounds. Defeat and SD both seem to have issues with DA on my setup and don't trigger properly so I can't use DA anymore.

7 minutes ago, ttpt said:

From my tests it does works on custom followers, it works on basically everyone, that includes even newly spawned bandits from what I saw. I haven't tested it on creatures though, I wonder if you can have dog companions kidnapped.

Also on my earlier post I posted a way to make it work with defeat by using sexlabutil and some small modifications to the test esp. I could post that esp and the sexlabutil .ini if permitted and if anyone is interested.

But on other news, since you posted that fix for the SD stuff it seems to work perfectly. The DA patch looks lovely and I wish DA wasn't as crash prone on my game or I'd be using that instead of my workarounds. Defeat and SD both seem to have issues with DA on my setup and don't trigger properly so I can't use DA anymore.

i dont think you will need DA if you allready have SL Defeat and SD+, just need to setup the health triggers in the mcm a bit higher for SL Defeat so it triggers before SD+, and high enough so you dont get killed.. anything from 50% down to 35% would be great. Works for me anyway.. not used DA for a while so there might also be a few new options for it regarding that, that you will need to check if you still wanna use DA for other mods, and if so then i would put DA health trigger below the other 2, in this case below 35% if that option still exist :)

A fascinating mod, SD+ has always been my favourite, but I was upset that SD+'s interactive activities was too boring, especially the followers. I think it will be more fun if you can make more interaction between the master and follower slaves...what will happen after you betrayed your followers, a evil story... If I could arrange some works for my followers when they had been slaved... 

Hi, I've been looking for this kind of mod and I was really excited to play this mod,

however, there is a trouble that I can't play Skyrim with this mod.

I've tried every of the version and patches of this mod but none of them succeed to work correctly.

every time I load my Skyrim with this mod, all of the mod turns off, as I've just activated more than 255 mods at the same time.

of course I've checked my mods list and it wasn't activated more than 255 mods at the same time, I've tried turn this mod off and turned on other mod and it worked correctly.

so only this mod doesn't work right with my Skyrim.

Could anyone help to solve this problem? anyone had the same experience just like what I'm confronting right now?

any of help or advice will be appreciated.