Caged Followers

5 hours ago, ttpt said:

both util1 and triggers can be a bit temperamental, I think both have a debug option you can turn on to see what it's doing if it's doing anything the jsons go into the \SKSE\Plugins\sl_triggers\commands folder and the name of the file is the name of the command, there's a bunch of command there you can try out and see what happens. Also I think you do need consoleutil, can't remember for sure but that mod doesn't even have an esp so it doesn't hurt to have.

As for the campfire light, the one you actually want that produces heat frostfall recognizes is "Light Campfire", the "Cast Light" one is similar to the candlelight spell so that's not gonna do it. "Cast light" can be helpful to see if things are actually working out.

As far as my command goes, it's set up "event = end", "actor = victim", "actor race = not player", "gender = female", and the chance at 5%, if you want to test it out you can set the chance to 100% and set the "actor = any" so that any kind of sex will launch it, it also still checks for the currentfollowerfaction which in vanilla is set to 0 on followers that are currently following you, but multiple follower mods could be fiddly, so using setfactionrank 5c84e 0 on a follower to manually put them in the correct faction can work. Oh, and command1 is cagefollowersfinal obviously.

Like this looks complicated but you don't actually need to learn how scripts work, much less how sltrigger's scripts work specifically which are different from skyrim's own scripting language.

Yeah, that's where I put your command. I got confirmation it was in the right place because the MCM found it. But every command I try never works, including ones that came with SL Triggers (disease was one of them, and I tried it with everything set to 'any', the chance set to 100, and the event set to 'end', then triggered 14 scenes in a row and she came out of it with a clean bill of health)... And yes, I chose the campfire light specifically for my other rule. :(I get the light, but she still freezes during SL scenes.

And I have consoleutil. It's one of those mods I leave even in minimally modded test games, in case something can't work without it. I do the same with papyrusutil, JContainers, etc. All of those are up to date and at the bottom of my mod list so nothing overwrites them, but still no joy.

I'll try debugging... But based on your setup, does that mean your command only works if the follower is raped and female? I only use male followers, and to be honest, I just wanted them to not be let free while my PC is tortured because it's unrealistic. But I'm not usually interested in my male followers getting raped. LOL! The description of this mod said the normal setup is that the PC gets enslaved (or whatever the case), then when she escapes, she has to find and rescue her followers, no follower rape required. That was why this mod interested me. ;)

1 hour ago, ShenGo said:

Yeah, that's where I put your command. I got confirmation it was in the right place because the MCM found it. But every command I try never works, including ones that came with SL Triggers (disease was one of them, and I tried it with everything set to 'any', the chance set to 100, and the event set to 'end', then triggered 14 scenes in a row and she came out of it with a clean bill of health)... And yes, I chose the campfire light specifically for my other rule. :(I get the light, but she still freezes during SL scenes.

And I have consoleutil. It's one of those mods I leave even in minimally modded test games, in case something can't work without it. I do the same with papyrusutil, JContainers, etc. All of those are up to date and at the bottom of my mod list so nothing overwrites them, but still no joy.

I'll try debugging... But based on your setup, does that mean your command only works if the follower is raped and female? I only use male followers, and to be honest, I just wanted them to not be let free while my PC is tortured because it's unrealistic. But I'm not usually interested in my male followers getting raped. LOL! The description of this mod said the normal setup is that the PC gets enslaved (or whatever the case), then when she escapes, she has to find and rescue her followers, no follower rape required. That was why this mod interested me. ;)

Oh if that's the case then yeah, my setup would be less than optimal, since someone needs to get involved in a sex act for sltriggers to get it to work, it can work on male followers too just fine if you tell sltriggers to do it on males, still they need to involved in a sex act with my setup

It may be possible because of the way sltriggers commands can be programmed to have a spell be cast on a specific follower, even a custom follower, when the player gets assaulted, but that's not what my json does, or you can manually cast the custom "bye" spell in the modified esp on a follower you want to send away. Less immersive but you can make a normal skyrim .bat file with something like 

player.cast <spellid> <followerid> right

where my spell id ix xx000800 if I remember correctly and the followerid your follower's refid.

Overall to achieve what you actually want the bat file is probably the easier one,

And yeah, you are correct in that this mod can achieve just sending the follower to random cage anywhere in skyrim for you to perform a rescue quest, no real need from this mod for sex to be involved. Try casting the spell on followers manually to see results, and then through the console and finally a bat file.

4 hours ago, ttpt said:

Oh if that's the case then yeah, my setup would be less than optimal, since someone needs to get involved in a sex act for sltriggers to get it to work, it can work on male followers too just fine if you tell sltriggers to do it on males, still they need to involved in a sex act with my setup

It may be possible because of the way sltriggers commands can be programmed to have a spell be cast on a specific follower, even a custom follower, when the player gets assaulted, but that's not what my json does, or you can manually cast the custom "bye" spell in the modified esp on a follower you want to send away. Less immersive but you can make a normal skyrim .bat file with something like 

player.cast <spellid> <followerid> right

where my spell id ix xx000800 if I remember correctly and the followerid your follower's refid.

Overall to achieve what you actually want the bat file is probably the easier one,

And yeah, you are correct in that this mod can achieve just sending the follower to random cage anywhere in skyrim for you to perform a rescue quest, no real need from this mod for sex to be involved. Try casting the spell on followers manually to see results, and then through the console and finally a bat file.

See, I wouldn't mind it happening with a PLAYER scene sending followers away. :P Still, I'll try testing it... Though I wish I could figure out why Triggers/Util1 never works for me. There are so many things I've wanted to use it for for ages.

The campfire light REALLY confused me, because the json says it points to SL Triggers' esp. but when I opened the esp in CK, I only found two light spells: candlelight, and evil, both of which are json files that aren't campfire.

I might keep messing with it. Or MAYBE ask the author for help, but I don't know if they'll answer. I didn't get their attention on Util1 unfortunately. :(

12 hours ago, ShenGo said:

See, I wouldn't mind it happening with a PLAYER scene sending followers away. :P Still, I'll try testing it... Though I wish I could figure out why Triggers/Util1 never works for me. There are so many things I've wanted to use it for for ages.

The campfire light REALLY confused me, because the json says it points to SL Triggers' esp. but when I opened the esp in CK, I only found two light spells: candlelight, and evil, both of which are json files that aren't campfire.

I might keep messing with it. Or MAYBE ask the author for help, but I don't know if they'll answer. I didn't get their attention on Util1 unfortunately. :(

The candlelight spell not actually providing warm really confuses me because the reason I started using util1 and later moved on to triggers was also the light and frostfall warmth it provided.

As for the spell being just candlelight on the sltriggers.esp, that's actually not the case, if you compare the actual MGEF the spell is using on TESEDIT 1ea6c (LightFFSelf) is the effect for the vanilla candlelight spell and xx001846 (slt_light) is the effect from sltriggers. The main difference is the CidhnaMine_OrangeFlicker [LIGH:00092500] that this spell has as an assoc. item. This vanilla light source I believe is recognized by frostfall as giving warmth. Of course I'm also actually assuming you're using frostfall for cold management.

Also hopefully you're setting the campfire light on sltriggers to be persistent during the whole scene rather than triggering at the end.

17 hours ago, ttpt said:

The candlelight spell not actually providing warm really confuses me because the reason I started using util1 and later moved on to triggers was also the light and frostfall warmth it provided.

As for the spell being just candlelight on the sltriggers.esp, that's actually not the case, if you compare the actual MGEF the spell is using on TESEDIT 1ea6c (LightFFSelf) is the effect for the vanilla candlelight spell and xx001846 (slt_light) is the effect from sltriggers. The main difference is the CidhnaMine_OrangeFlicker [LIGH:00092500] that this spell has as an assoc. item. This vanilla light source I believe is recognized by frostfall as giving warmth. Of course I'm also actually assuming you're using frostfall for cold management.

Also hopefully you're setting the campfire light on sltriggers to be persistent during the whole scene rather than triggering at the end.

I haven't heard anything about candlelight providing warmth, but then, I never tried it or anything. I've only tried the 'light campfire' command. And yup, I am indeed using Frostfall, and set the trigger to 'begin' (I noticed, though, that unlike Util1, you can't seem to set how long it lasts, unless I overlooked it. Util1 let you set an effect to last till the end of a scene, a specified time (like an hour), and what not). The only time I ever saw the temperature change around the start of a scene was when it got colder briefly. I've also had the same issue with Warm Bodies. It doesn't seem to work, even on a minimally modded game.

Edit: Just tried a game with Warm Bodies again, and same thing. She stood in the same spot (in Realm of Lorkhan, in which the weather doesn't change) for 5 minutes. The Frostfall meter (the one with the marker that moves all the way to the left when it's freezing, and all the way to the right when it's warm) stayed in the exact same spot until right before my HUD turned off for a scene. Then it moved slightly to the left. When she approaches M'aiq's campfire in RoL, the marker moves to the RIGHT, as it should near a heat source. So for some reason, both mods are somehow making her COLDER during an SL scene instead of warmer.

• 2 months later...
On 5/12/2021 at 8:26 PM, Martianman said:

It seems to work without them, you can experiment by using console commands to trigger the event and see how it works without DA or SD+. I triggered the event and Jordis turned up nude in a cage in Brittleshin Pass

Whats the console command to trigger the event?

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 2/5/2023 at 5:21 AM, johnhamm said:

Does this mod work with SE, and does it still work with its dependencies?

Since it seems we both stumbled across this mod, I'm on SkyrimAE 1.64, and it does not work as intended. I had tried it out, and poor Lydia and my PC were taken down by a large group of bandits (bout 20). SD is set to trigger upon defeat, and I had "Follower Settings" set to "None" as described. PC was taken as a slave, Lydia was stripped and chained, which seems right, but she stayed with me, was renamed Slave, and had no unique dialogue. Additionally, I managed to fling myself off a cliff into a lake using Whirlwind to escape, drag the "Owner" into a situation he too would die, and somehow Lydia was still right next to me, still called "Slave", and still had no dialogue to bring her back into the fold. I had no quest to rescue her, nor did the InnKeeper have any option to "find her" (considering she was standing next to me, shouldn't be too hard). Ultimately I ended up removing the mod and loading a save, and next time, Lydia simply perished. Unfortunate, the outcome of having to save my followers from a defeated moment in DAYMOYL was the main reason I wanted to bring a follower along with me.

I also tried to "Dismiss" and lost on purpose, and Lydia ended up not dismissing, and just stood around as a follower while I was enslaved.