I Can't Start a New Game with Mods installed...

I can't start a new game with mods installed.  I just re-installed FO4 from Steam and everything checked out and worked fine with no mods.

I added a set of mods  and tried to start a new game...  all I got was an infinite loop of the intro music and the video of the power armor and workshop, plus an ad for  Creation Club. this ran for at least 15 minutes with no change. Killed it with the Task Manager.

FYI... I have done everything I am supposed to do to set up for modding (I hope) including - up to date drivers, up to date Win10, fully up to date Steam Client and FO4 and DLC - plus verified files, then changed to "never update" and went off line. I cleaned DLC with FO4edit, sorted with LOOT (yes, before AND after loading mods), installed F4SE (correctly following their guide) and launched the game thru F4SE as Administrator with no mods loaded.  It worked just fine, and I was able to create a character and get started toward vault 111. I Escaped from the game and saved, went to desktop and started to load mods (CBBE and Bodyslide plus Looks Menu and 2Pac4Eva's Skimpy armor replacer.) FO4 would not start a new game... back to the infinite loop.

Oddly, I can load the Save file I created before adding mods and the game starts up fine with mods added, and I can add more mods to this save, just not to a new game.

Anybody ever have this happen? How did you fix it?

I have had this problem since this last update and for me it was Homemaker that was the trouble maker for me.  I'm figuring you did the things for FO4 custom.ini and FO4.ini that your supposed to edit so if your just running bare minimum mods not sure because the ones you listed I've never had really trouble with except when NMM loaded them in wrong and I had reinstall after I figured out what the trouble was

Solved!

As y'all said... mod conflict.  In my case it was Courser Ghost Specter standalone armor.  I missed a requirement somewhere, even though  the author did not list any?

Don't care enough to look into it deeper.

I can now start up normally. :?

Archived