Goodbye G15 you served me well

fatbloke69

I tried tons of Keyboards.

The real problem is the life expectancy of them. Hardly one lasts for more than 3 months for me.

I tried Kensinghton, Logitech, Coolemaster, etc.

At the moment I am using a Coolemaster gaming, about 40 dollars. Not bad except you cannot really see the keys where it is dark, the back-light is just to faint to see them.

My strategy is to buy Logitech K120 at 12$ each, usually in batch of 5.

They are good, and after three months I replace the dead one with a new one.

Keys that are failing to me are always A, S, D, W, Space, and Enter (don't know why :P )

oddly i've never had a problem with keyboards, for me it's always the fucking mouse that dies.

Same here. I bought this keyboard maybe ten years ago and it's still fine, except all the letters are worn off and the spacebar is misshapen. But I've gone through four mice in the same time.

47 minutes ago, Content Consumer said:

Same here. I bought this keyboard maybe ten years ago and it's still fine, except all the letters are worn off and the spacebar is misshapen. But I've gone through four mice in the same time.

My G15 lasted 10 years, and was still very nice to use (which is why I'm sad), also on my third mouse in that time

If you want a high-end gaming keyboard, I can heartily recommend the Razer Chroma keyboard. Backlit keys and everything so it's easy to see in the dark and it lasts forever. If you want to show it off, the Chroma program it installs even lets you cycle between light colors. :classic_tongue:

Mice are truly something "you get what you pay for." Therefore it pays to spend a little extra. I use a Razer SWTOR gaming mouse and have for six years and it's still going strong. The Naga is a relatively cheap but equally robust gaming mouse that will last forever but it's a bit small so people with big hands may have trouble. I did.

5 hours ago, Content Consumer said:

only 4? in 10 years i have gone through 16 of the bastards (it would be more if it was not for the fact that i try to repair them)

4 hours ago, Ernest Lemmingway said:

Mice are truly something "you get what you pay for."

no, they are not. $75 or $5 they all have the same cheap crap inside of them (apart from one $10 mouse that used a optic sensor for it's scroll wheel) and i sometimes find that the $5 mice have better tracking.

Archived