Bad Dog's Immersive Creatures SE

• 2 weeks later...

I did some more testing:

Mounted Reiklings (xx6E3613, xx6E3619, xx6E3614) - The boar arouses/unarouses and the rider undresses/dresses properly (you can't see the rider's junk while mounted). When a sex anim is played, the boar's junk is correct, but the Riekling's cock is black (or very dark) and his balls are dark brown. The balls look like they have a texture map applied, but I can't see a texture map on the cock, but the specular highlights make it look like there's a bump map. I marked these as red on the spreadsheet. I've encountered black-ish cocks on mounted Rieklings during actual gameplay.

Individual Reiklings (xx6E3629, ..2B, ..2D, ..2F, ..31, ..3F) - I ran into some problems testing here. When I'd player.placeatme, sometimes more than one Reikling would appear, and they wouldn't necessarily be all the same type. Overall, the textures/meshes were perfect, however if the Riekling was holding a spear when I aroused him, the spear would vanish. While they always aroused properly, certain types wouldn't redress via decrease arousal spell. If I ran far, far away then came back, they'd be dressed, so they don't stay naked forever. Because of the flakiness of the player.placeatme, I didn't mark anything on the spreadsheet.

Plague Wolf 02 (xx420c94), Feral Timber Wolf 03 (xx54A885), Feral Ice Wolf 02 (xx094D8F), Stormcloak Ice Wolf 01 (xx25b3aa) - They arouse/unarouse properly, but their junk has no texture and is luminescent purple (or blue, I'm a little colorblind). Marked red on the spreadsheet.

Stormcloak Ice Wolf 02 (xx25b3ae) - Arouses/unarouses properly, but his junk is luminescent purple. Unlike the previous wolves, this has a texture map (you can see veins, etc.), but it still glows like it's under a black light. Marked red on the spreadsheet. EDIT: I'm not entirely certain it's glowing, perhaps it's just a lot lighter than the rest of the wolf, like you can see his balls when they should be obscured in shadow. How do I post pictures that can be collapsed and don't hog up the entire thread?

I've noticed occasional glowing canine cocks during actual gameplay, although not on the dogs in towns or the generic wolves (xx57E8F7 looks fine).

More testing:

SoulCairn Boneman Warrior (xx5D7B53) - White cockbone doesn't match dark skeleton color. The sheathed weapon disappears when aroused, otherwise arouses/dearouses properly. Highlighted red on spreadsheet.

Falmers (xx4D1255, ..73, ..79, ..7F, ..1F, xx4D3A2B, xx4D3A30) - All these female Falmers work properly (get strapons), therefore highlighted green.

Frozen Falmer Shaman (xx4DB103) - Female Falmer turns into different, male cockless Falmer when zapped and can't be changed back. Highlighted red.

Frozen Falmer F08 Swordspell Boss (xx4CEA36) - Heavily armored female Falmer arouses properly but when dearoused gets lightweight clothing. Highlighted red.

Falmer08Template (xx4C72EC) - Is this the only male falmer? It works perfectly so highlighted green.

Mounted Goblins (xx6E38D9, ..DA) - Issue with more than one Goblin appearing with each player.placeatme. The riders permanently lose their spears and have no junk during sex anims. The Durzog (..D9) and Wolf (..DA) mounts function correctly, but the wolf mount has glowing purple junk. Nice job on the Durzog junk, sadly none of the Mounted Goblin sex anims line up and the Durzog looks like it wandered in from a 1998 videogame, but I guess it's not your fault. ? Highlighted red.

Thanks a bunch. I'll drop a test version of YA soon, and will pick up some of these other mods while people check it out.

Edit: BTW, the extra goblins/creatures appearing is something Immersive Creatures does, it's not actually a bug.

As for the durzog, well, yeah, it is a 1998 videogame holdout. 

Canine Glowing Blue/Purple Genitals - Apparently it's just misplaced textures. If the files in "\Data\Textures\MoreNastyCritters\canine\pre blipblap textures" are copied up to "\Data\Textures\MoreNastyCritters\canine", the canines I flagged in a previous post will have properly textured genitals. I don't know what "pre blipblap textures" are, but that's a real folder. I haven't tested exhaustively or changed anything on the spreadsheet, but so far so good.

Life is like a box of Goblins...

I tried to test discrete Goblin types, but .placeatme gives me a seemingly arbitrary number/type, and even when they're created with the same ID and look identical, they may behave differently. Most worked properly except they lose their weapons. Some, however, turned into different types, like from a normal face to Skeletor face, etc. I clicked on those from the console, which gave me a set of three IDs per. I've only tested a handful, but these are the bad Goblins that switch type:

"xxxxxxxx     ID           BaseID

"FF00213C     0011780B     FF00213D

"FF002132     0011786A     FF002133

"FF0020B4     00117ABB     FF0020D1

"FF0020A1     00117ABA     FF0020B1

"FF0020ED     00117B59     FF0020EE

"FF0020EF     00117B5A     FF0020F0

Is that info useful? I didn't highlight anything on the spreadsheet.

Frostbite Spiders - All tested good, all highlighted green.

I tried adding SLA to get MCM to show up. I believe it was just a placebo as SLA doesn't always fix the problem. About 50% of loads don't load CF when I tried adding SLA to get MCM to show up.  I have 50 mods that show up in MCM and lowering the number seems to affect the chances of CF loading correctly. Obliviously this isn't ideal because loading saved games crashes 50% of the time when CF doesn't load correctly. I'm using MO2 if that helps your understanding of the problem any.

Removing BDIC completely seems to work consistently... but why?

Most likely because BDIC introduces hundreds new animals for CF to handle. CF does mostly okay with vanilla, but when you throw a bunch of more creatures at it, it seems that it gets less reliable. 

I blame JContainers, because of how it handles memory. I spelunked through the CF code at one time and found a bunch of bugs due to JContainer use. I handed those back to Ep1c but I don't know how things stand now. 

2 hours ago, Bad Dog said:

Most likely because BDIC introduces hundreds new animals for CF to handle. CF does mostly okay with vanilla, but when you throw a bunch of more creatures at it, it seems that it gets less reliable. 

I blame JContainers, because of how it handles memory. I spelunked through the CF code at one time and found a bunch of bugs due to JContainer use. I handed those back to Ep1c but I don't know how things stand now. 

Thank you. A memory error seems to be a logical culprit since this didn't happen before but what really throws me off is that SAL is required as well to avoid CF failing to start. For now, the solution is to remove BDIC AND install SAL. It's the only way that I can get CF to reliably work.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 12/19/2018 at 11:03 PM, Moxxle said:

Canine Glowing Blue/Purple Genitals - Apparently it's just misplaced textures. If the files in "\Data\Textures\MoreNastyCritters\canine\pre blipblap textures" are copied up to "\Data\Textures\MoreNastyCritters\canine", the canines I flagged in a previous post will have properly textured genitals. I don't know what "pre blipblap textures" are, but that's a real folder. I haven't tested exhaustively or changed anything on the spreadsheet, but so far so good.

Wow, thanks for that find. I was going crazy trying to figure out why in the world the textures were that jarring color.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 6/22/2019 at 3:24 AM, Sensual Nautilus said:

I think the latest updates broke this mod in a number of areas. trying to go to whiterun for example will lead to ctd or permanent loading, removing this mod solves the problem

Probs the new patch. If this mod uses a skse plugin ill recompile on latest binaries if you can find the source code. 

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/14/2019 at 2:26 AM, Harken87 said:

Bad Dog, did you add anything in the latest version to change loading screen artwork? I haven't quite narrowed it down but when I launch the game now I'm presented with a rather annoying animation of a dragon and a horse. 

theres probably gonna be a folder called like :loadscreen art or something, ive deleted those so that doesnt happen

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/16/2019 at 5:47 PM, Bad Dog said:

LOL. Not mine. There are a bunch of animated dragon loadscreens, but I'm not sure where from. MNC?

i think the dragons are from mnc yeah n urs are the like... ogre n trolls right? but yea its easy to remove if they didnt want it in the game. just delete the loadscreen art meshes