Necromancer Mod?

Oburael

Hey guys.

I've heard of people creating custom careers/jobs in The Sims 3 and one that I assume would be made already is a Necromancer-like mod.

What do I mean? Well firstly:

1. I don't mean a Ghost Hunter.

2. I don't mean a Graveyard Keeper.

3. I don't mean a Magician.

4. I don't mean a Witch.

5. I don't mean a Fairy.

6. I don't mean a Genie.

I mean like raising undead with a command like a potion would on a sim, turning them into a Zombie.

Is that a thing? Is this possible? Am I just pulling this out of thin air, thinking it sounds like a possibility but it isn't?

Thanks for reading.

• 2 months later...

id say it is quite possible but i dont know how the game reacts to adding a new occult or someting. if it is to be treated like the witch or maybe a trait or a job? most of the stuff can be achieved by repackaging existing mechainics. but i have a feeling it needs to be more then just a job right?

• 2 months later...
On 8/7/2018 at 6:16 AM, Oburael said:

I mean like raising undead with a command like a potion would on a sim, turning them into a Zombie.

Well, it's not exactly a career, but I think witches can already do this with spells.

From the sims wiki:

(Level 10) Reanimation Ritual: Cast on a tombstone. It will bring back the target Sim as a zombie.

It is an actual zombie, though, and not under the witch's control. I had a witch in a game with Kinky World installed, and she would raise up zombies from graves, and the zombies would immediately try to rape her. She has a black belt in karate, and the zombies are super slow, so it didn't work out for them at all.

It would seem to me that a talented modder should be able to make a new "spell" that produces the same effect as the genie taking control of a sim for a while. For example, there is a vampire mod that allows a vampire to get sims to do their bidding for a while. I don't think that one works exactly like the genie control though. I think (cannot recall exactly) that it gives you a new menu to tell the sim what you want them to do.

• 4 weeks later...

I started to explain it, but this does a much better job. Also using Master Control it would be possible to instigate these options, but it's never going to be a 'career'. Lastly, while I didn't see anything about this on the referenced site, It seems to me there was something in the opportunity which stated/gave the impression, that the amount of simoleons will affect the outcome/success of the event. I had gotten the Opportunity before, and had kept it since I had no dead sims to complete it.

https://levelskip.com/simulation/How-to-Bring-a-Dead-Sim-Back-to-Life-in-The-Sims-3

On 12/31/2018 at 11:58 AM, FreakyRufus said:

Well, it's not exactly a career, but I think witches can already do this with spells.

From the sims wiki:

(Level 10) Reanimation Ritual: Cast on a tombstone. It will bring back the target Sim as a zombie.

It is an actual zombie, though, and not under the witch's control. I had a witch in a game with Kinky World installed, and she would raise up zombies from graves, and the zombies would immediately try to rape her. She has a black belt in karate, and the zombies are super slow, so it didn't work out for them at all.

It would seem to me that a talented modder should be able to make a new "spell" that produces the same effect as the genie taking control of a sim for a while. For example, there is a vampire mod that allows a vampire to get sims to do their bidding for a while. I don't think that one works exactly like the genie control though. I think (cannot recall exactly) that it gives you a new menu to tell the sim what you want them to do.

You reanimate and then hit the zombie with a cure potion or a sunlight charm.  Then they run off. So, if you want to do the friendship potion or stuff like that,  do that first.

I can't do the genie ensorcel thing with a spell, but I've added it as a potion you can make at the alchemy bench. I did that because I found that I couldn't throw fountain of youth potions at sims with KW installed. No pie menu for it! I had to get control of the NPC sim and make them drink it.

Archived