(Request) Porting this hair?

I was wondering if anyone can finish porting the hair mesh into Skyrim? I got to the limit of my expertise in 3DS Max, and pretty much got totally frustrated in the process. So, I naturally decided to consult the experts. 

I just need the mesh ported to .nif and fitted for the Skyrim female body. No fancy texture work or anything. :)

H2AMd94.png

(I included the second file is that was in the original download folder in-case it was important)

1.tga

custom_hair_port1.max

11 minutes ago, myuhinny said:

You could try exporting it out in .OBJ format and then loading it into outfit studios and doing the work in there for it as well as adding the required bones for it.

Tried it. The mesh was super tiny, and I have no idea how to add bones to stuff. :/

(the tiny circled thing is the hair)

rlDY2Z4.png

1) You have to use the scale shape option under shape to scale the hair there is also rotate and move found there as well. OBJ format doesn't support skinning so most things get removed so it becomes small. Unless you extract something out of outfit studios in .OBJ then they will retain their size.

2) Start new project then load in your .OBJ file next go to bones tab and right click bone screen and select add bone and follow the drop downs till you find the head bone and add it. Export nif and then close outfit studios and then load the new nif and select it and then go to bone tab and highlight head bone and hold down the mouse button to weight paint the hair if you want it red click the brush setting tab and adjust the strength once weight painted export it.

One thing I did awhile back to make was to export a head mesh out in .OBJ format and then I started a new project and exported the head .OBJ file into outfit studios and then scaled the head and moved it to the right area so that when I need to work with hairs or hats I have a model ready for adjusting the hair/hat to the correct spot.

Spoiler

Untitledddd.png

20 hours ago, myuhinny said:

1) You have to use the scale shape option under shape to scale the hair there is also rotate and move found there as well. OBJ format doesn't support skinning so most things get removed so it becomes small. Unless you extract something out of outfit studios in .OBJ then they will retain their size.

2) Start new project then load in your .OBJ file next go to bones tab and right click bone screen and select add bone and follow the drop downs till you find the head bone and add it. Export nif and then close outfit studios and then load the new nif and select it and then go to bone tab and highlight head bone and hold down the mouse button to weight paint the hair if you want it red click the brush setting tab and adjust the strength once weight painted export it.

One thing I did awhile back to make was to export a head mesh out in .OBJ format and then I started a new project and exported the head .OBJ file into outfit studios and then scaled the head and moved it to the right area so that when I need to work with hairs or hats I have a model ready for adjusting the hair/hat to the correct spot.

Hide contents

Untitledddd.png

Progress so far. Scaled and weighted the hair. Gonna check it out in NIFSkope and see if I can work on some textures.

Screenshot (9).png

EDIT: It seems I can't add textures because it has "skin"? When I try to delete it from the mesh in 3ds max it deletes the whole mesh.

EDIT2: I somehow managed to delete it without deleting the WHOLE mesh, but the top scalp part appears to be missing now.

18 minutes ago, Elysianx said:

Progress so far. Scaled and weighted the hair. Gonna check it out in NIFSkope and see if I can work on some textures.

Screenshot (9).png

EDIT: It seems I can't add textures because it has "skin"? When I try to delete it from the mesh in 3ds max it deletes the whole mesh.

EDIT2: I somehow managed to delete it without deleting the WHOLE mesh, but the top scalp part appears to be missing now.

Send the mesh file and the textures too pls.

10 minutes ago, <Mystic Stranger> said:

Send the mesh file and the textures too pls.

Elys_PortedHair1 = As far as I got in regards to porting (minus deleting the envelope, since that messed it up)

1.tga & HitomiSkinned1.pmx = The stuff that was in the original download before porting.

Haven't been able to make the textures yet, but I was planning on using KS Hairdo's textures.

Elys_PortedHair1.nif

1.tga

HitomiSkinned1.pmx

35 minutes ago, Elysianx said:

Elys_PortedHair1 = As far as I got in regards to porting (minus deleting the envelope, since that messed it up)

1.tga & HitomiSkinned1.pmx = The stuff that was in the original download before porting.

Haven't been able to make the textures yet, but I was planning on using KS Hairdo's textures.

Elys_PortedHair1.nif

1.tga

HitomiSkinned1.pmx

OMG i see many problems.
1) Missing textures.
2) TGA format.
3) Your head bones is not working in Skyrim.
4) Wrong body slot.

Fixing...

On 7/30/2018 at 2:23 PM, said:

Ok the mini mod is ready for test.
Its a wig. Use the AddItemMenu mod for adding the wig to your char.

Watch the size, the color.
If you equip the wig you able to preview the colors in RaceMenu.

ElysWig.rar

Alright, I tested it out.

The only real "issues" that I see are that the hair is too big for the head (more noticeable on the left side of the head, shown below) and that the shadows can look a bit off in places (giving it kind of a Cruella de Vil look)

Otherwise it didn't give me any other issues. No disappearing acts or colour changing going through different cells.

20180730170534_1.jpg

20180730170701_1.jpg

EDIT: Tested with lighter colours, I did notice when when viewed at various angles, the hair had a black sheen on it.

I attempted to edit the textures to see if that was the cause of the black shadow glitch happening on the hair, but that didn't seem to be the case (I only retextured the bangs, to compare between that and the rest of the head.) and the black sheen was still there regardless of new textures. (I made the hair blonde so it's easier to see the glitch)

iyXvw5P.jpg

aHYvbeA.jpg

Any ideas?  :/

Attempted to add an edited version of the mesh into the game (didn't like how the ponytail part looked, so I mixed it with another ponytail hair), and the edited version of the mesh doesn't use the in-game colour sliders. However, the wig works just fine with sliders (so it's obvious that I'm doing something wrong on my end.)

Is there a specific thing I have to tick when exporting the mesh from 3ds Max/NifSkope?

e41xyKZ.jpg

Other than the colour slider issue, there's no other problems in-game. No transparency or odd glitches, so I'd say this project is 98% close to being finished. :)

12 hours ago, Artsick said:

Make sure the Shader Type (at the top of the BSLightingShaderProperty) is set to Hair Tint.

I triple checked, it's set to Hair Tint, but it still isn't using the ingame shaders. Tried different versions with different textures as well, no dice.

I even tried adding the edited version of the hair ingame by itself to make sure it wasn't a conflict with the hair mashup, but it still wasn't using the shaders. I'm pretty sure it's got to be occuring when exporting from 3DS, right? Problem is I have no clue what I missed.

It's hard to say because I don't know what you're doing specifically so I can't tell what it is you're missing. Do you mind sending it as-is and I'll see what I can do?

Archived