[mod] No More Inbred

• 3 months later...
5 hours ago, Arigas said:

since they prefer marrying close kin.

Working as intended ;)

Spoiler

I didn't want to include a defines file to remove the inbred chance for divine_blood, as it would mess with zoroastrians too, and any other mod that modifies the defines. No More Inbred is the perfect solution.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/4/2018 at 1:49 AM, Arigas said:

Thank you for this. Goes REALLY well with the Dark Elves from House Irae mod, since they prefer marrying close kin.

Heh. I actually slapped this thing together for my personal playthrough on DW:R. Never expected it to get as many downloads as it has tbh, especially for a mod this small.

On 11/4/2018 at 7:16 AM, lockeslylcrit said:

Working as intended ;)

Hide contents

I didn't want to include a defines file to remove the inbred chance for divine_blood, as it would mess with zoroastrians too, and any other mod that modifies the defines. No More Inbred is the perfect solution.

Stuff like that was part of why i went with the approach of making it a decision. No overwrites means that it should be compatible with just about anything, even full overhauls like Elder Kings if you add it as a dependency (personal favorite), and since i bumped the AI to always do it, you should never see any inbreds bar your own character if you start with the trait. (Or maybe if you are a woman and die in childbirth, with ur newborn as heir? Never had that situation, so dunno if that would work.)
That and i'm not exactly the most veteran CK2 modder. Maybe i'll someday get around to giving Pureblood a custom icon, once i figure out how to properly work with the image format it uses.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
On 12/3/2018 at 4:15 AM, Adroit said:

I like the pureblood version of your mod a lot, but reading through it it looked like you were using the normal blue/purple inbred icon, which I didn't feel fit if the trait was positive.  So, I made this, if you want to use it.  I've replaced it for myself locally.

Anyways, thanks for the mod!

pureblood.dds

How to install it? There's no '.dds' file in the original mod to replace it with.

On 2/19/2020 at 8:59 PM, hodor3 said:

How to install it? There's no '.dds' file in the original mod to replace it with.

I've edited a file named "pureblood_traits.gfx" in the "Pureblood/interface" folder along with adding the "pureblood.dds" icon in a newly created folder and subfolders (Pureblood/gfx/traits) so the mod will use the new icon instead of the default inbred trait icon.

Here's a .zip file I compressed along with some patch files, just unzip the contents in "Pureblood" folder and when prompted, click "Replace All Files", "Yes To All" or options related to replace already existing files. I haven't tested it yet since I just made it on the whim with tired eyes, so yeah. You can unzip the .zip file with Window's default program or 7-Zip (which is free and very easy to use)

Edit: I've tested it and it works, here's the preview. The mod I'm playing on is Warcraft: Guardians of Azeroth

Pureblood-icon patch.zip

On 2/22/2020 at 1:48 AM, Countern said:

I've edited a file named "pureblood_traits.gfx" in the "Pureblood/interface" folder along with adding the "pureblood.dds" icon in a newly created folder and subfolders (Pureblood/gfx/traits) so the mod will use the new icon instead of the default inbred trait icon.

Here's a .zip file I compressed along with some patch files, just unzip the contents in "Pureblood" folder and when prompted, click "Replace All Files", "Yes To All" or options related to replace already existing files. I haven't tested it yet since I just made it on the whim with tired eyes, so yeah. You can unzip the .zip file with Window's default program or 7-Zip (which is free and very easy to use)

Edit: I've tested it and it works, here's the preview. The mod I'm playing on is Warcraft: Guardians of Azeroth

Pureblood-icon patch.zip 1.72 kB · 4 downloads

Thanks for this! Had plenty of people think my character with insane stats was that way AND inbred. This should solve that :D

On 2/22/2020 at 7:48 AM, Countern said:

Pureblood-icon patch.zip 1.72 kB · 13 downloads

With Guardians of Azeroth this turned everyone into a gnome!

• 4 months later...