3 hours ago, kuroshi said:

Does anybody have a download for satan's hairpack? I tried downloading it off this korean site but i can't open the file even after renaming the file and opening with 7-zip and the original link is no longer available.

3 hours ago, myuhinny said:

Try opening the file with winrar and see if it was made with it as winrar files don't seem to like 7zip. If that doesn't work try updating your 7zip to the newest version.

Also be careful... could be a muti-download pack. If you only have one part, it will give you a failure regardless of using 7zip or winrar. Also you can't rename the original muti files

It is a multi part file you would need to download all 6 parts of it and unpack then with 7zip, winrar might work but it can be flaky, as they are 7z extensions 7zip would be the best.

When unpacking pick the file with 001 at the end and it should then unpack all the other files in the split as well.

After that you could then repack it as rar or 7z or whatever then install that as a mod.

That is not always true about the 7z extension as of late. I have had many files that have had the 7z extension that threw up and error when trying to open the zip file with 7zip. But using winrar you were able to open the file without an error because winrar was what was using to package the file and lately 7zip doesn't seem to be able to handle opening files packaged in winrar.

Many times when I had trouble extracting a file I asked the author what they used and it was always winrar.

1 hour ago, myuhinny said:

That is not always true about the 7z extension as of late. I have had many files that have had the 7z extension that threw up and error when trying to open the zip file with 7zip. But using winrar you were able to open the file without an error because winrar was what was using to package the file and lately 7zip doesn't seem to be able to handle opening files packaged in winrar.

Many times when I had trouble extracting a file I asked the author what they used and it was always winrar.

Odd I always tended to have the problem the other way around, using winrar and they did not extract, use 7z and they do, but there again things are always odd around computers and me, they either work forever or I spend far too much time trying to find out why they do not work.

Just now, kuroshi said:

Yea, i extracted the files from 001 after downloading all 6 parts.

Cool, when using web sites that aren't your native language it is very useful to use some translator or something to help you find the info you want.  I have missed some info from sites before not using it. At least now you have the hair pack you want :)  It isn't available anywhere else from the author and from what I can see after my post above, it is intentional that the author decided to remove it from the web. Hope it is in good shape for you and not messed up as some are that get posted to Korean and Russian sites. (or in Koren language lol)

• 3 years later...
  • 2 months later...