Dangerous magic

Jzargo's scrolls are the only things that come to mind in the vanilla game.

EDIT: And explosive spells like rune spells or fireball, I guess.

Apocalypse Spells has a few spells - not many - that may have harmful secondary effects, or may interact with other spells in a harmful way. There may be other magic mods that use that kind of spell, but I'd be willing to bet that if it does exist, it's rare.

Anything in particular you're looking for?

13 minutes ago, Content Consumer said:

Jzargo's scrolls are the only things that come to mind in the vanilla game.

EDIT: And explosive spells like rune spells or fireball, I guess.

Apocalypse Spells has a few spells - not many - that may have harmful secondary effects, or may interact with other spells in a harmful way. There may be other magic mods that use that kind of spell, but I'd be willing to bet that if it does exist, it's rare.

Anything in particular you're looking for?

All I managed to find was a staff that drains health and a sword that you need to kill to keep it sated. Kinda lame aways wanted a powerfull ability with a huge downside.

Skooma Whore health/mana/stamina potions. Or the rest of the drugs too. The Equilibrium spell.

But nothing like what you're looking for. I guess the nearest thing might be vampirism or lycanthropy, maybe?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but you want something like... increases attack speed by 50% for 30 seconds but decreases movement speed by 50% for 45 seconds.

Or all spells cost 0 mana to cast for 30 seconds and then disables spellcasting for the next hour.

Or maybe a spell that prevents all physical damage but doubles all magical damage to the player.

Something like that?

Apocalypse spells has one or two like that actually. But nothing really epic. And I can't think of much else.

22 minutes ago, Content Consumer said:

Skooma Whore health/mana/stamina potions. Or the rest of the drugs too. The Equilibrium spell.

But nothing like what you're looking for. I guess the nearest thing might be vampirism or lycanthropy, maybe?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but you want something like... increases attack speed by 50% for 30 seconds but decreases movement speed by 50% for 45 seconds.

Or all spells cost 0 mana to cast for 30 seconds and then disables spellcasting for the next hour.

Or maybe a spell that prevents all physical damage but doubles all magical damage to the player.

Something like that?

Apocalypse spells has one or two like that actually. But nothing really epic. And I can't think of much else.

Very correct on everypoint. Sadly you are also correct about there being nothing like that. I've looked into Apocalypse but I dont fill like installing that huge spell package for a few spells. I found a few spells and weapons which I can list if anybody wants them.

I've been thinking about this lately and think there should an element of danger in using magic -- at least sometimes. Would it be difficult to script a spell like the ones Content Consumer mentions as examples? Maybe I'll give it a try. Spell tomes could be placed next to the bodies of the missing college apprentices, who (correct me if I'm wrong) all died from spells gone wrong. Also -- I think there's at least one conjuration spell that has unpredictable results -- in either Lost Grimoire or Colorful Magic (those are the spell packages I use).

1 minute ago, Neko91 said:

I've been thinking about this lately and think there should an element of danger in using magic -- at least sometimes. Would it be difficult to script a spell like the ones Content Consumer mentions as examples? Maybe I'll give it a try. Spell tomes could be placed next to the bodies of the missing college apprentices, who (correct me if I'm wrong) all died from spells gone wrong. Also -- I think there's at least one conjuration spell that has unpredictable results -- in either Lost Grimoire or Colorful Magic (those are the spell packages I use).

Well if you are going to try you can check out https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/88100.

I'ts a giant soul drain spell that damages everything incuding the caster. Maybe the scripts used in there can help you.

Archived