racemenu adjustable ball gags

racemenu adjustable ball gags

View File

makes it so most DD gags have a ball you can wiggle around in racemenu

ver 0.2 and up requires the aug 13th beta DDI version or later

scripts fully initialize on game load. Please save and then load if things don't look like they're working.

ver 0.3 requires a clean save (or for you to somehow run the "on-mod-start" function i guess) or NPC ball gag expressions will totally break.

inspired by this post: (and probably worse, tbh)

Featuring Zadil’s meshes and textures from the Skyrim mod ‘Devious Devices: Assets

re: permissions: feel free to do whatever

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    06/30/2018
  • Category
  • Requires
    dda, racemenu, ddi beta
  • Special Edition Compatible
    No

• 3 weeks later...

This is awesome. Every time I make a new character I get everything the way I want it, then I have to adjust the head up or down to get it to fit the DD items that interact with the head and that always screws up the proportions that I wanted initially. If I can find a way to apply this to all the other gags, then I won't need to do that any more. Thanks!

edit: After a few hours of experimentation trying to get the correct bones and extra data to attached in the correct spots to the existing gags, I have concluded that Nifskope is my enemy and that it deserves to die by fire.

On 7/20/2018 at 11:23 AM, rhino_4 said:

This is awesome. Every time I make a new character I get everything the way I want it, then I have to adjust the head up or down to get it to fit the DD items that interact with the head and that always screws up the proportions that I wanted initially. If I can find a way to apply this to all the other gags, then I won't need to do that any more. Thanks!

edit: After a few hours of experimentation trying to get the correct bones and extra data to attached in the correct spots to the existing gags, I have concluded that Nifskope is my enemy and that it deserves to die by fire.

Agreed, somehow my characters mouth does not match with DDs gags, if this was added to DD I could easily solve it :)

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/20/2018 at 2:23 AM, rhino_4 said:

if you're still trying to do this, the process is pretty simple. Open two nifscopes, copy the branch with the extra bone as a child to the head node, copy the EXTN extra data as a branch to the first trishape, then go to the dismemberskininstance of the ball (or whatever) and change the parent from the head to the new bone. Finally, apply a transform to the ball that moves it -8 units on the y axis and 2 on the Z, apply the transform, and save.

in any case, the latest version should do what you're looking for, at least with the normal assets / expansion gags.

this doesn't deal with mouth expressions at all. Your char's mouth closes when you open racemenu and opens when you close racemenu, making adjusting things difficult. Ideally, I'd like to add the ability to play with mouth expressions (and even customize them per gag), but I think this means I'll need to use a keyword to tell DD to not open your char's mouth at all and write my own code to handle that.

DD gags only fit properly for the first vanilla mouths in the slider from 0 to 2, I don't think they were designed to fit all mouths. This used to bother me a lot when I first started playing DD and I eventually found the only way to deal with it was to switch mouths in racemenu whenever a gag was equipped /unequipped rather than waste time trying to adjust it. Since then I have always stuck to the  first or second mouth on the slider.

That's a most interesting approach to the gags vs. mouth positions problem! Thanks for posting the Nifskope how-to for it, too.

12 hours ago, incrediblysecure said:

this doesn't deal with mouth expressions at all. Your char's mouth closes when you open racemenu and opens when you close racemenu, making adjusting things difficult. Ideally, I'd like to add the ability to play with mouth expressions (and even customize them per gag), but I think this means I'll need to use a keyword to tell DD to not open your char's mouth at all and write my own code to handle that.

The mouth opening is handled via expression that gets applied by one of DDi's scripts (atm can't remember which one exactly). Currently there are, I think, two different expressions, one for all the older gags and another one for the larger ball gags added in DD4.1. A keyword for "gagged no open mouth" already exists -- I can't quite remember what exactly it was called, but if you look at the hoods with covered mouth you'll find it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, jbezorg said:

So far it does not work with this gag. Mouth stays closed.

"Adjustable Gag (Harness) (Ball) (noscripts)"  xx000803

yeah i left off the keyword, it looks like. can add it if you want, but i'm getting full functionality with everything in assets / expansion that i've tested. tell me if this isn't the case~

21 hours ago, incrediblysecure said:

yeah i left off the keyword, it looks like. can add it if you want, but i'm getting full functionality with everything in assets / expansion that i've tested. tell me if this isn't the case~

What version of assets / expansion are you using? That may be the issue. My version is the latest off github.

Also if you can list a few of the one's you've tested I can check those.

10 hours ago, jbezorg said:

What version of assets / expansion are you using? That may be the issue. My version is the latest off github.

Also if you can list a few of the one's you've tested I can check those.

i double checked and it doesn't look like there's been a commit since the sept 13th DDI beta version, which this requires

i believe I modified every ball gag in DDI / DDE. I've tested all of them at some stage of development. The mod should look like it's doing literally nothing until you open racemenu, at which point you should be able to wiggle sliders and do stuff, which should persist through saves. 

I did some sanity checking and it looks like I uploaded the right files and stuff. Are you using the beta version of DDI? This mod requires a keyword that's absent on any earlier versions. 

That's it. Mod load order.

Even though I had DDI loaded before this mod I forgot that I have Mod Organizer directs the output of Bodyslide to a shared "mod" that I use in all my profiles. That shared mod was after this mod. The NIF files were being overwritten.

• 3 months later...
On 12/30/2018 at 1:52 PM, incrediblysecure said:

if you poke around in tes5edit for a couple minutes you won't break anything

what specifically do you want added / changed?

I know how to do a little poking in Tes5 / Creation Kit / scripts but am completely clueless when it comes to things like Nifskope etc. I assumed the latter would be necessary to extend the mod to ring gags, bit gags etc?

3 hours ago, MrMagoo said:

I know how to do a little poking in Tes5 / Creation Kit / scripts but am completely clueless when it comes to things like Nifskope etc. I assumed the latter would be necessary to extend the mod to ring gags, bit gags etc?

you're not wrong

i'll start playing with stuff on my end, but before i get too far into things, two questions:

a) are you planning on making big adjustments with sliders? anything other an a pretty small shift will make existing straps look really goofy. 

b) for some reason in my head i want to have ring gags adjust on a different "preset" than ball gags. is this congruent with your intended use?

1 hour ago, incrediblysecure said:

you're not wrong

i'll start playing with stuff on my end, but before i get too far into things, two questions:

a) are you planning on making big adjustments with sliders? anything other an a pretty small shift will make existing straps look really goofy. 

b) for some reason in my head i want to have ring gags adjust on a different "preset" than ball gags. is this congruent with your intended use?

Thanks a lot in advance for taking a look at this whether it turns out to be doable / worthwhile or not :)

a) I don't think so - it's just to address the alignment problems with created faces as mentioned by others in the thread. I would say a "seriously bad" alignment causes the ball/ring to be out of place by less than the size of the ball/ring itself but often (for me) both vertically and horizontally. Generally when running into problems I find they are showing up too low and not deep enough into the mouth.

I guess the ball has a lot more forgiveness inherent in its shape to manipulating position before the straps look so bad it's not worth the trade off. I suppose it's just trying to find the best balance of what looks "right" with face design vs gag position vs strap alignment and your mod already helps a lot with this on ball gags ?

b) Not at all incongruent for me - however you think / find best! On a side note ring gags might benefit from a "tilt" rotation with some face styles if the jaws don't align vertically. No idea if this is possible and personally I tend towards symmetrical mouths but some (orc players?) may get value from such a feature.

• 3 weeks later...

Too bad i dont do Oldrim anymore, so i missed this until now.

I made something like this years ago for Oldrim too, but only a simple proof of concept that never catched on.

Lately i decided to give it another try, but for Skyrim SE.

The idea is to allow customization for player, but also for NPCs of any race (technically, it can work with literally any race), both male and female.

You can adjust the gags using up to 16 morphs (depending on the item type, not every gag needs that many), node transforms (for example, ball gags have the ball weighted on a node called "Throat 2" which comes with XPMSE, and using NiOverride you can move/scale the ball independently on the harness or strap), and of course phonemes.

The settings are stored in json file loaded using JContainers.

First there is json file mapping races to string keywords, so you can set the NordRace, NordVampireRace, NordAstrid (or whatever is the name), etc., all to use the "nord" key, so you dont need to create individual settings for each of those races (assuming they should be indeed using same morhps).

Apart from any chosen races that exist in the game, or are added via mods, it can also contain a special "player" race which is always the player no matter what race it is, so even if player is Nord, and there are settings for nords, it will instead use the "player" settings (if they exist), allowing the player to use completely different morphs than NPCs even if its the same race.

Then there is a "default" race (not to be confused with the DefaultRace existing in the game), containing fallback settings to use if actor's race doesn't have any "race" group associated.

Second json file defines types of gags and the morph/transforms settings to use with them for each supported race/sex.

For example, the "Gag Ball Harness" comes in several color/material variants, but all of them use the same mesh and therefore the same morphs/transforms/phonemes for given race+sex.

So, instead of having settings for each of those variants, there is only one set of settings for that type of gag.

Last json pairs the actual wearable form items to some defined type.

The gags are modified to use custom active magic effect script instead of the usual one from Devious Devices, which handles applying/clearing morhps as the gag gets equipped or unequipped, periodically refreshing it in case something would force the morphs to reset or force different phonemes or expressions for some reason, and suspending the updates when cell is detached 3d not loaded, etc - similar to original DD script, except also a tiny bit more lightweight.

I was too lazy to implement proper way for editing the settings, so i just edit the json files directly.

You can of course use RaceMenu to choose type of gag (it will equip corresponding sample item), and then you can fiddle with the morphs and transforms to get the fit you need for the selected race+sex and item, but those settings wont be saved in the json files yet and you have to fill them in manually into the json file.

No support for different setting profiles either, but i do plan to add somethig along those lines later (its a low priority for me, editing the json manually is enough for me while i work on this).

I dont really want to go back to Oldrim, so i dont even think i will be porting my mod to it once its done, but if you find it usefull, or want to use any of its parts, or even just the morphs, then by all means.

I am attaching the latest WIP version to this post - Keep in mind: this is not a finished mod, it works, but the functionality is very basic, it does not cover all gags yet, the settings are very incomplete and even those that may be there are just what i use while testing.

So, DO NOT USE THIS IN YOUR GAME, it is working, but it is a WIP, meant for modders so they can have a look and see if there is something they wanna use or adopt.

Also, it is for Skyrim SE, so the plugin will probably not work, the NIFs will probably make Oldrim crash, but the TRI files should work fine - just replace my NIFs with the ones that came from DD (you will only loose the node transform functionality for the ball, but the morphs should work).

If you have any questions, or want to combine our efforts, let me know.

RoggGags 20190120-1621.ZIP

Before (left) and After (right) pictures, they do not really show much, but...

1752439445_gags-orc-beforeandafter.jpg.cc9342243efe4bc7355dd35a56b41ef9.jpg976674160_gags-redguard-beforeandafter.jpg.c4ac013ab63a23d8539b2663ca35e7dd.jpg

Oh, i also forgot... the zip file also contains the BodySlide files i use to create the morphs.

So far i made morphs for:

• FuerTin rope ball gag
  • FuerTin rope bit gag
  • DD Gag Harness Ball
  • DD Gag Harness Panel Open
  • DD Gag Harness Panel Closed
  • DD Gag Harness Ring
  • DD Gag Strap Ball
  • DD Gag Strap Panel Open
  • DD Gag Strap Panel Closed
  • DD Gag Strap Ring
  • Heretic Iron Bit Gag
  • Heretic Iron Bit Gag with Wood
  • Heretic Iron Bit Gag with pull loop
  • Heretic Iron Ring Gag
  • Heretic Pear Gag

Keep in mind that SSE is currently bit behind with DD version, so these are allbased on the current DD version for SSE, which is 4.1 beta 2 (resp. DD 4.1b2, DDa 3.0e, DDx 4.1b2).

Anyway, have a look, feel free to use any of the stuff if you want (not sure if Oldrim's Outfit Studio is any different? you should be able to open them, right? the SW is the same).

• 2 weeks later...