racemenu adjustable ball gags

On 1/31/2019 at 5:50 AM, skyrimguru said:

The mouth of my character is always closed when I'm wearing a gag. Is there a setting that the mouth opens and opens automatically?

If I set it over the racemenu so that it fits the mouth remains open when I remove the gag.

Ive had this same problem in my games. The mouth always stays closed, so it looks like the ball is sitting just below the lips.

Would this mod fix this?

26 minutes ago, o0o0o said:

Ive had this same problem in my games. The mouth always stays closed, so it looks like the ball is sitting just below the lips.

Would this mod fix this?

Nevermind, looks like MFG fix over on Nexus was the solution to my problem!

12 minutes ago, saltshade said:

I have the racemenu plugin and this mod enabled but nothing happens when I use the sliders.

> first you have to wear a ballgag

> than move a mouth related slider so ABG updates the face idle(?)

> start to make the gag oversized ^^

> if you get a already ABG modified gag equipped but ABG doesn't update, go into race menu again and just change one setting like Ah by one and ABG settings update

> sometimes ABG has issues to recognize a DD Big Ball Gag right away,just repeat the same as above

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

i'm super paranoid about uploading files; if someone could confirm that the new cursed loot patch works that'd be dope. the odds of me forgetting a necessary file are pretty high

two questions:

a) does anyone care enough for me to make some sort of programmed patcher? writing an xedit script to make compatibility patches for arbitrary mods wouldn't be hard, but if it's just me i think i'm fine doing it manually

b) if A, would you instead prefer an skse monstrosity that simply changes the necessary records at runtime? i'm torn between "this is a dope solution I should do it" and "this would be super confusing if you ever forgot it was running on the off chance you wanted to change a nif"

edit: for posterity, a third question: is there a great deal of demand for expanding this to include other (non-ball) gags? I know I was talking to a gentleman about a year ago about it and he seemed super interested. I currently don't have the skillset to quickly make necessary changes to some meshes, but if there are people interested and someone knows how to use blender we can talk

22 minutes ago, incrediblysecure said:

i'm super paranoid about uploading files; if someone could confirm that the new cursed loot patch works that'd be dope. the odds of me forgetting a necessary file are pretty high

Thx for the update,

installed and also DCL patched.

I will see soon if you are paranoid for a reason ?

25 minutes ago, incrediblysecure said:

a) does anyone care enough for me to make some sort of programmed patcher? writing an xedit script to make compatibility patches for arbitrary mods wouldn't be hard, but if it's just me i think i'm fine doing it manually

I... I'm not even sure what to care about.

Do you plan to and patches for even more custom gag added mods.

What mods would that even be?

Or does that mean the patcher would just find any possible gag in LO?

28 minutes ago, incrediblysecure said:

b) if A, would you instead prefer an skse monstrosity

I'm still stuck with understanding A ^^

All tests on a new game

one save/reload cycle

complex Load Order (not a minimal setup, more the kind I would also play)

using DDi,x 4.3

+ DDi gag expression patch (=> maybe this can have an effect? Not sure if you use this fix for gagged expressions too)

Test 01:

RABG sliders don't work on my actual setup

non of them have any effect on facial expression or the size of the ball gags

I think Devious Training (v2 & v3) might be incompatible with RABG.

DT seems to do the same as RABG (controlling face expression) and always wins over RABG

will remove DT3 next to see if RABG works without DT3 installed

Test 02:

RABG sliders don't work on my actual setup

non of them have any effect on facial expression or the size of the ball gags

tried:

vanilla Nord race and Wood Elf

with and without preset

DDx ball gag and DDx large ball gag

DDx ball gag

Spoiler

1016705384_enb2020_02_1500_45_33_62.jpg.16b2799af5edd10166544d7a956ad71e.jpg

DDX large ball gag

Spoiler

410796938_enb2020_02_1500_51_49_06.jpg.24a8502e8add30d5c586fec1f2dd2d06.jpg

with v0.3 (and without DT2) I was able to open the moth for gag animation with changing "Aah" slider.

This also doesn't work on my actual setup with 0.41

maybe install issue, changing folder hierarchy next (although all esp showed up)

and also move all esp at the end of LO

@incrediblysecure would you be interested in taking over the system i made?

It comes with support for all DD+DCL gags (except the newer plastic bone things, etc., but you can add those easily if you want) with up to 16 morphs, RaceMenu plugin for preview (it wont save the values, you need to edit the values in JSON files yourself - i was too "lazy" to implement some way of comfortable in-game editing).
...basically same thing i posted here some time ago, but i made some improvements since then (got rid of aliases for tracked/slotted actors, which si now all stored in JContainers, more MCM options to reload data, sent refresh events, browse list of slotted actors with some info about the gag they are wearing, fixed some bugs, improved some scripts, etc).
Only problem is i made it for SSE, but backporting to LE should be super easy - only the two simple quests (MCM and main "control" quest) would need recreating from scratch, but that should be super easy, and surely the NIF files may need converting back to LE using SSE Nif Optimizer.

I still plan to polish and release my version for SSE, but i dont know when that is going to happen, so i think it would be a shame to let it rot in my drawer - maybe it can be usefull to you.

Apart from that, i would also recommend a simple patch for SL to make it skip applying/messing first two expression morphs (Aah and BigAah) if a gag is equipped (not sure though how it is regarding publishing such a patch - if its not allowed, then we're screwed).

3 hours ago, Roggvir said:

@incrediblysecure would you be interested in taking over the system i made?

It comes with support for all DD+DCL gags (except the newer plastic bone things, etc., but you can add those easily if you want) with up to 16 morphs, RaceMenu plugin for preview (it wont save the values, you need to edit the values in JSON files yourself - i was too "lazy" to implement some way of comfortable in-game editing).
...basically same thing i posted here some time ago, but i made some improvements since then (got rid of aliases for tracked/slotted actors, which si now all stored in JContainers, more MCM options to reload data, sent refresh events, browse list of slotted actors with some info about the gag they are wearing, fixed some bugs, improved some scripts, etc).
Only problem is i made it for SSE, but backporting to LE should be super easy - only the two simple quests (MCM and main "control" quest) would need recreating from scratch, but that should be super easy, and surely the NIF files may need converting back to LE using SSE Nif Optimizer.

I still plan to polish and release my version for SSE, but i dont know when that is going to happen, so i think it would be a shame to let it rot in my drawer - maybe it can be usefull to you.

Apart from that, i would also recommend a simple patch for SL to make it skip applying/messing first two expression morphs (Aah and BigAah) if a gag is equipped (not sure though how it is regarding publishing such a patch - if its not allowed, then we're screwed).

i'm not not interested, but it sounds like you've added a bunch of complexity that i'm not sure i'm interested in dealing with, if that makes any sense. I saw your post earlier and went "wow this guy is way smarter than me" and then I realized that my current way of doing things works for my purposes. I'll certainly take a look.

If you've edited nifs in the way I'm assuming you have, I'd definitely be down to steal that.

5 hours ago, incrediblysecure said:

i'm not not interested, but it sounds like you've added a bunch of complexity that i'm not sure i'm interested in dealing with, if that makes any sense. I saw your post earlier and went "wow this guy is way smarter than me" and then I realized that my current way of doing things works for my purposes. I'll certainly take a look.

If you've edited nifs in the way I'm assuming you have, I'd definitely be down to steal that.

Well, the NIFs aren't edited at all, except for adding TRI files with morphs.
So, you can not only scale and move the ball/panel/iron bit/what have you, but you can rotate/scale the whole mesh (including straps), you can morph individual straps to make them thinner/wider/longer/shorter, rotate them, essentially change their shape to fit any kind of face/head (even beast races - though i didn't tested that much, so you may need to tweak the morphs or maybe edit the RM plugin script to allow greater ranges for some morph values).
All basic gags are supported - ball gags, open/closed panel gags, iron bit gags, fuertin's rope gags - i think everything except the pony gag and the newer bone gags, but like i wrote earlier, adding support for another gag is just a matter of adding its formId into a JSON and making some morphs (which you can do super easy in OS).

It automatically applies the gag morphs to any actor that equips a gag of appropriate type, keeps refreshing the morphs in case some other scripts may override the actor morphs (i am looking at you, SexLab - best to implement that simple tweak for skipping the first two expression morphs if gag is equipped), and removes the morphs when the gag is unequipped.
I am using it a long time (since that old post of mine you linked to), just improving it over time, and it works good.

You can preview all morph combinations for every supported type of gag in RaceMenu, use sliders to adjust all of the 16 morphs to fit the face (as i mentioned, it won't get saved, you need to enter the values manually into the JSON, which is an inconvenience, but not difficult).
This way you can make special presets for every race/gag combination, exceptions for specific NPCs, or dedicated "player" profile.
It can work even with males (the system, including the JSON profiles does differentiate between male/female characters), so in theory ppl may not even need special "male" version of the gags - you just adjust the morps in the male profiles to better fit the male heads.

Of course, if you want to keep it simple and use only the morphs, then by all means - nothing wrong with simple, on the contrary.
But to really benefit from the morphs (so ppl can comfortably tweak them in RM, then copying the values to the JSON file), you may want to adopt the RM plugin that adds all the gag sliders (that code is a bit ugly, i didn't get to refactor that part yet, but it works, and technically there is nothing bad about it, but it does look ugly).

I just need a bit to make a version decoupled from any personal modifications i made to DD/DCL and SexLab, post it as a modder's resource, and post the link for that here.

11 hours ago, incrediblysecure said:

the thing that's actually confusing me the most is why you didn't just add a button to save slider values to your json file

The answer is simple: i dont know how :)

• Also, it is like that proverb about the blacksmith's horse being without horseshoes.
    At first i edited the JSON files manually, and since then i only edit the special player preset depending on current whims regarding the face of the player's character (if i am creating a new one), and the rest remains to be the same. I dont frequently change other NPC faces, or alter head morphs for races, etc., so there is no reason for me to edit the initial data i created back then. And the way i play, the gags are usually on the player char or on same specific follower(s) i tend to keep using, so i personally never had much need to tweak presets for other races or NPCs on a larger scale.
    So, i never felt the need for better GUI when it comes to tweaking many presets.

But i started thinking about it recently, as i kept polishing the project, trying to force myself to finally release it.
A button in RaceMenu? i dont see a way of adding a button there - is there a way???
I thought about using a slider with value range of [-1, 0, 1], so when you click/press left (-1) it will load preset data and revert position back to 0, and when you click/press right (+1) it will save the preset and again revert pos to 0.
But it gets more complicated - how do you choose where do you want to save the current preset:

- do you want to save it into a "player" slot for current race of the preeview char?

- or as a race preset, for current race of the preview character?

- or as a global "default" preset?
- or is it a preset for some specific NPC?

Same goes for loading - you want to work on a preset for player? or race? or some npc? how do you tell the scripts which preset to load while you are in RaceMenu?

The slider page is already long enough not to fit on the screen without scrolling (16 gag morphs + all expression sliders), so i cannot clutter the menu with some "button" sliders like i mentioned above, especially for so many possibilities or combinations.

What options are there?

1. Adding more tabs to the RaceMenu
    Having dedicated tab for Player preset sliders, global default preset sliders, selected race preset sliders?
    Apart from it being my personal pet peeve - hating to clutter the RM tabs like that - this still doesn't solve the option for specific NPCs.
    Then again, yes, it would solve almost all problems, so it is not a bad solution to consider.

2. Adding one slider acting as a "button" to show some menu/dialogue popup
    Like i mentioned earlier: -1 will show loading dialogue, +1 will show saving dialogue.
    And on the popup dialogue, player could choose which preset to load/save.
    BUT is something like that possible? I didn't get to try it yet, so i dont even know whether it is possible to display a simple Yes/No MessageBox while the RaceMenu is open.
    I guess the ShowMessage() provided by MCM should work, but i didn't try it yet.
    Even if it works, its still a bit too clunky to ask "Save as player preset?", and if user presses No i will ask "Save as race preset?" and if its No again, i will ask "default preset then?", etc...
    So, maybe using UI Extensions to display a list of choices the player can select from? ...but again - i dont know if those UI elements work while in RM - but if yes, it could be a good solution.

3. Add a nice neat button to the RaceMenu, to show list of choices.
    Exactly as #2, but the popup wont be triggered by manipulating slider, but clicking a nice neat button somehwere.
    PROBLEM: how the hell do you add BUTTONS to RaceMenu?

I think #2 would be best if using a list of choices provided by UI Extensions.
I dont feel too great about adding another requirement (UI Extensions), but if it works, it would be the cleanest solution (i think).

Do you have any suggestions as to how to do this?
There could be a solution i do not know about, or that i didn't think about, so please...

I forgot bout the fourth option...

Which is to create custom GUI outside of RaceMenu, a GUI that would show all the sliders on the screen while camera is focusing on the char you want to edit - player, or NPC.
This would be trully the BEST solution, as it would allow to work on a specific NPC presets without having to somehow transfer the NPC face to RM preset so you can load it on the player char in RaceMenu (not a big problem for one, two, three NPCs, but after the 10th one you get fed up with it real quick).

PROBLEM: i do not have the means to create such GUI.

I am no flash/whatever dev with the neccessary tools and knowledge (i could probably solve the lack of knowledge by learning and asking around, but the tools?).

5 hours ago, Roggvir said:

I forgot bout the fourth option...

Which is to create custom GUI outside of RaceMenu, a GUI that would show all the sliders on the screen while camera is focusing on the char you want to edit - player, or NPC.
This would be trully the BEST solution, as it would allow to work on a specific NPC presets without having to somehow transfer the NPC face to RM preset so you can load it on the player char in RaceMenu (not a big problem for one, two, three NPCs, but after the 10th one you get fed up with it real quick).

PROBLEM: i do not have the means to create such GUI.

I am no flash/whatever dev with the neccessary tools and knowledge (i could probably solve the lack of knowledge by learning and asking around, but the tools?).

yeah editing flash files in 2020 is unironically pretty hard

you've essentially summed up in two posts why i'm hesitant to volunteer to take over your stuff: you've created a powerful framework that requires creative solutions to fully utilize.

• 1 month later...
17 hours ago, thelastten said:

Hey, I have been working on a sse conversion all night and been banging my head against the wall. You don't have any le only script calls in this do you? 

mr roggvir posted a sse plugin that does similar things a few posts back in this thread. i don't know enough about SSE to answer your question in an informed way, but I can tell you that i'm essentially just calling a bunch of public nioverride functions and that those may be totally different in SSE. I apologize if you're three steps ahead of me here. I also know the NIF format changed; attaching extra bits may be different.

• 4 weeks later...

Is there a way to make this work for the dda/ddi ballgags as well? I'm mostly just experienced with nifskope and bodyslide so I just stick to making simple things. I could make the proper nif required for the mod like the ones that are included, but I'm not sure how to add them to the mod.

btw: I made a few edits to this mod for my personal use. I've updated the nifs so that the entire gag changes size/position instead of just the ball. If someone can help me figure out how to add gags to the mod I'll probably do the ring gags and bit gags too.