A College Life – Version 0.1 of my TS4 based Visual Novel game

Hey folks!

A while ago, I asked the community here if it would be interesting to produce a Ren'py-based visual novel with TS4 content, and I've received some positive answers.

Without much plan and above all without technical know-how, I did it and now have - also thanks to your help! - a first, small version ready.

But before I put much more time into the project - and time is something I do not have at all - I would like to ask you if it makes any sense to develop the game further?

Is it exciting enough or not worth it?
Is the quality of the sims graphics sufficient to make a game interesting enough?
Could such a game be interesting for more than 10 people outside the TS4 bubble, so that a further development would be really resonable?

I thank you in advance for your - please! - very honest answers and views.

acollegelife.thumb.jpg.56de8ac8d08e440f212708540f2e2f94.jpg

A College Life, Version v0.1

You can download the first version here:

WINDOWS: MEGA or NOFILE

MAC: MEGA or NOFILE

The very long list of credits – also for the assistance of some guys of our community, for poses and Wicked Whims based animations – at the end of the game and also here:

http://www.sims4adults.com/a-college-life/

Please feel free to contact me and until then: Have fun ?

Pros:

• I enjoyed the animated scenes, I think the animation really makes them more sexy.
  • I think there were a good variety of pictures. I liked that everything has it's own picture, it was a nice touch.

Cons:

• Currently, the game feels a bit nonconsensual voyeur and slimy. It feels gross that most of the sexual content currently is peeping on these women without their permission. I know this is a common thing in adult games, but I do not enjoy that kind of content. That is just my personal taste.
  • I know all the girls so far are part of the same family, so they look similar. If there are going to be more characters, it would be nice to see more diversity in designs.
1 hour ago, heartbeatsandbrainwaves said:

Pros:

[...]

Cons:

[...]

Thank you @heartbeatsandbrainwaves for your detailed review, that helps a lot!
One of the reasons for trying this what obviously no one ever tried before was that most of the Ren'Py based adult games have in fact gorgeous 3D imagery but less to no animations of sexual interactions. There TS4 with Wicked Whims can prove its superiority.

And you are right, both the voyeur content and the look of the girls has to do with my personal taste, I cough! ? But there will be more characters with hopefully different looks. The next version would be a complete day in the College life of the main character and he'll meet some other students and teacher. And who knows right now: Maybe later some other creators want to join this project so that I can work on it together with others? That'll bring some diversity also to the look of the game ?
If I will reduce this voyeur thing I cannot promise, because although I am as a real person in real life very well-behaved, faithful to my wife and would never do such kinky things, psychologically it seems that I have an voyeur inside of my soul ? At least that's the thing I'm interested most when consuming adult stuff.

50 minutes ago, Sims4Adults said:

Thank you @heartbeatsandbrainwaves for your detailed review, that helps a lot!

What do you call it when you catch a voyeur? lol!

I understand fiction can be a way to explore things you would not do in real life. And with a few exceptions for the most extreme things that can't be healthy, I mostly do not mind. You can include voyeur content that suits your taste, just because it does not suit mine does not mean you have to change things. I just had to add that in, because I wanted to be honest.

I start empathising with and feeling bad for the women in those scenarios, because I enjoy my privacy in real life and do not find candid nudity sexy. That is why I have trouble enjoying voyeur content. I can enjoy consensual voyeurism more, it is still not my favorite, but I cannot feel bad for somebody doing something they want to do. But I will repeat, this is just my taste, you do not have to change anything. That kind of content is not a deal-breaker for me.

If you ever want any of my Sims, I can send you the files for private use only. I use clay hair though, so you will probably need to change their hair. If you see one you like, just let me know!

Awesome!! I love it.. Can I ask what program are you use for make this game? I'm very interesting in make my own game. 

I would like to do a  game style "Graphic Novel" + "RPG", and I was thinking in make it with RPG Maker, but it's something "poor" IMO... The resolution it's a problem with these programs. I dont' want a classic RPG game style nintendo NES from 1990. 

1 hour ago, mike24 said:

Awesome!! I love it.. Can I ask what program are you use for make this game? I'm very interesting in make my own game. 

I would like to do a  game style "Graphic Novel" + "RPG", and I was thinking in make it with RPG Maker, but it's something "poor" IMO... The resolution it's a problem with these programs. I dont' want a classic RPG game style nintendo NES from 1990. 

It's in the description, he used Ren'py.

I'm not sure if you can do an RPG in Ren'py, depend how you see it.

Some Ren'py game are very popular:

https://www.patreon.com/summertimesaga

https://www.patreon.com/akabur

@Sims4Adults

The graphic quality of the sims is sufficient to make the game interresting, if the story is good enought

You should use the huge diversity of animation from WW, to do what other ren'py game can't do. - like banging in unusual place, 3 some, more-

You should not neglate the background. -the bathroom is strange it doesn't look like a bathroom imo-

Use the strenght of the game: the comunity, people made tons and tons of premade rooms, houses etc that look very realistic.

21 minutes ago, doan77 said:

It's in the description, he used Ren'py.

I'm not sure if you can do an RPG in Ren'py, depend how you see it.

Some Ren'py game are very popular:

https://www.patreon.com/summertimesaga

https://www.patreon.com/akabur

@Sims4Adults

The graphic quality of the sims is sufficient to make the game interresting.

You should use the huge diversity of animation from WW, to do what other ren'py game can't do. - like banging in unusual place, 3 some, more-

Thanks Doan!! I will study this program.

3 hours ago, heartbeatsandbrainwaves said:

What do you call it when you catch a voyeur? lol!

I understand fiction can be a way to explore things you would not do in real life. And with a few exceptions for the most extreme things that can't be healthy, I mostly do not mind. You can include voyeur content that suits your taste, just because it does not suit mine does not mean you have to change things. I just had to add that in, because I wanted to be honest.

I start empathising with and feeling bad for the women in those scenarios, because I enjoy my privacy in real life and do not find candid nudity sexy. That is why I have trouble enjoying voyeur content. I can enjoy consensual voyeurism more, it is still not my favorite, but I cannot feel bad for somebody doing something they want to do. But I will repeat, this is just my taste, you do not have to change anything. That kind of content is not a deal-breaker for me.

If you ever want any of my Sims, I can send you the files for private use only. I use clay hair though, so you will probably need to change their hair. If you see one you like, just let me know!

I appreciate your honesty, I can tell. And I also think about this voyeur thing ... not only 'cause this isn't a nice move against the one being peeked (in my soul there's always this fight going on between a soul fraction that is a feminist and another fraction that is a misogynic pervert ?) but also because it would make the whole story very boring with all that voyeur stuff. I really think I've played to much games of that kind myself ?
And thank you very much for nice offer to use one of your sims! I'll come back to that ... and have also still the idea of make this a collaboration between TS4 lovers. Why not expand this little, at the moment – I confess – not very creative thing? ?

2 hours ago, mike24 said:

Awesome!! I love it.. Can I ask what program are you use for make this game? I'm very interesting in make my own game. [...]

Like doan77 already said it's Ren'Py and I can recommend that very much! It's for free, it's super easy to use, super easy to develop with because of a Python-originating script language and also the build process for the different platforms is just one click. If you need any help I'd love to assist you with your first steps ?
The only problem might be the RPG-thing. doan77 also said something about that, because Ren'Py has been made as a engine for creating visual novels. This is why the main gaming principle within a Ren'Py game is that they are decision based. You could use variables and flags to simulate the leveling of a character of an RPG, but right now I couldn't imagine what would come of it.

1 hour ago, doan77 said:

The graphic quality of the sims is sufficient to make the game interresting, if the story is good enought

You should not neglate the background. -the bathroom is strange it doesn't look like a bathroom imo-

Use the strenght of the game: the comunity, people made tons and tons of premade rooms, houses etc that look very realistic.

Thank you @doan77 for your hints! In fact I want to bring all the WW animations and innumerable poses of the ingenious TS4 community into the game, which is otherwise unknown in Ren'Py visual novels. I'd considered that an advantage of choosing TS4 as "content delivery platform" despite to all the high class 3D render engines like DAZ 3D.
And I already use a lot of user stuff: Also the bathroom, which you found weird, has been created by a very talented TS4 artist ?

23 hours ago, Sims4Adults said:

Like doan77 already said it's Ren'Py and I can recommend that very much! It's for free, it's super easy to use, super easy to develop with because of a Python-originating script language and also the build process for the different platforms is just one click. If you need any help I'd love to assist you with your first steps ?
The only problem might be the RPG-thing. doan77 also said something about that, because Ren'Py has been made as a engine for creating visual novels. This is why the main gaming principle within a Ren'Py game is that they are decision based. You could use variables and flags to simulate the leveling of a character of an RPG, but right now I couldn't imagine what would come of it.

Thank you Sims4Adults!! I will need your help surely.... First I will study the program (when I have more time).  But when I starting I will ask you a lot xD

In anyway, I'm still thinking about the history of my game and I'm not decided yet the models for my game. I don't want use the SIms models or the other games. I want to make my own models, 3D models, (maybe paying  comercial licensed of 3D Daz). I want to my game is mine 100%. But I will need help and colaborations. I will keep the community informed, when I will started...  Thank you very much.

12 minutes ago, mike24 said:

Thank you Sims4Adults!! I will need your help surely.... First I will study the program (when I have more time).  But when I starting I will ask you a lot xD

In anyway, I'm still thinking about the history of my game and I'm not decided yet the models for my game. I don't want use the SIms models or the other games. I want to make my own models, 3D models, (maybe paying  comercial licensed of 3D Daz). I want to my game is mine 100%. But I will need help and colaborations. I will keep the community informed, when I will started...  Thank you very much.

Sounds awesome! Can't wait to see what plans comes of it ?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Archived