Mega....greed?

TBoneTones

For the second or third time I have been thwarted by a LL download.  Due to the fact, the LL download is nothing more than a link.......to Mega.

Mega's Download limits are frighteningly slender.....trying to download a certain ZAP8 mod, (which I didn't even want but was required for another mod I liked the look of) was not an actual DL from LL at all.....but a link to......Ta Da!....Mega....which resulted in a eye brow raising 357MB DL.....and voila!....'you have exceeded your DL limit'...despite the fact I use Mega exceedingly rarely.   Which says everything. 

Clearly, Kim Dot Com BADLY needs money for his legal cases........although, he is a few million better off at the bank than you or me lol.

Therefore....question to LL controllers........why not request authors to have a normal Download, - and not a damm link - for goodness sakes, that does not require a link to Mega???

Isn't Mega limit around 1 GB? You could have a problem with your internet provider I guess. Maybe you share your IP with someone from your neighborhood and everyone contributes to the limit.

If mod exceeds the size limit set by LL, they have no other choice, but to host outside.

Seriously?  Mega is FREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  It is used because it is FREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! to use and one of the better options for downloading large files that contain the content that LL has. Simple as that.

Seriously? as Loogie stated...  LL has a bandwidth restriction (due to cost) so you have two choices... (Unless you want to pay Ashal major $$$$ monthly to increase the limit)

• bitch.. or
  • just get an account... get 50 GIGS of FREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  upload space..... use it to sync your downloads .... (in the case of your massive 357mb file ... which is extremely small comparing some of the files uploaded here. )
  • Spoiler

Capture.JPG

Disclaimer ... 5gb (some places say 10gb)  download limit... so file can't exceed that size. once bandwidth limit is achieved a half hour to an hour later it is open. It is the most viable option for me to upload and download from without getting notices or even having my account canceled (looking at you Dropbox) DON'T USE IT FOR SENSITIVE DATA... KIM STATES IT ISN'T SECURE, IT HAS BEEN TAKEN OVER... FAIR WARNING)

I use my account to sync over the files that I find on the web to it then download it when I can and have good net access. Makes my life sooooo very much easier. If I have problems with downloads or as the OP experienced data limits... just download it later when those limits have been removed.

P.S. If you are upset about a 357mb download... don't start using anything pregnancy related in Sexout! I have a file compilation (not required made for easy use) that is over 600mb!!!!)  I have found others here MUCH BIGGER.

A bit of advice for the future... instead of just looking for something to complain about (for things that are provided for you for free) try instead to find some solution that can work. Sometimes you might have a great idea to solve a problem and can help in a productive manner. So if you have a better idea or solution for distributing the files please let us know... ;)

Peace out.

Edit.

Found some info on the bandwidth limitations...

https://www.quora.com/What-does-it-mean-by-limited-bandwidth-in-MEGA

Archived