F3, FNV or F4?

• 1 month later...
On ‎10‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 6:53 AM, endgameaddiction said:

The fact anyone would even suggest Fallout 4 for this person's first experience in the Fallout universe is sad. You're going to walk away and never look back. But then again, this is Bethesda. It's the best thing anyone can do.

#walkawayfrombethesda

Ya well, I happen to own Fo1, Fo2, Fo3, Fo4, FNV, Brotherhood of Steel, and Fallout Tactics.

I've played them all multiple times.

Just recently played some TTW, finally got that stable....Took some work, got the Bullet Sponge issue fixed up too.  I'll likely race towards the Broken Steel content and Lonesome Road since I haven't experienced them yet.

I have suggested Fo1 and Fo2 to some die hard FNV fans but a lot of them told me I was bat shit crazy after they died so bad from Mole Rats in the beginning of the game claiming isometric and turn based was horrible game design...Both of those I have played in modern games and like.

Thing is I haven't said that Fo3/FNV are bad games...I said that they don't look nice, and both of them are a bit finicky as far as running smoothly with mods.

With Fallout 4, you get a lot of bang for your buck out of the frickin box, a lot of posters here have overlooked that and its fine but my opinion is a valid one.

If anything I could just as easily make arguments for why a person should play them all.

You don't necessarily have to start with Fallout 1, but Fallout 4 shouldn't be the first option either. It could very well leave a very bad impression if the person is really into role-playing games. It might scare the guy off and never want to get into previous Fallout games thinking they all must be the same. If he's not into really old games, Fallout 3 or New Vegas is a good starting point. While it's subjective which is better and which offers more RPG, they are better than Fallout 4 role-playhing wise (...and overall in my opinion).

Bang for your buck with Fallout 4 would be the same as saying more = less. Sure, you have a huge catalogue of mods disposable to you like the previous sequels, but there are hard-coded things in Fallout 4 that mods can never improve them.

First, I would suggest researching and watching as much videos of that particular game as possible before coming to a conclusion. People who set on a game they want, nothing will stop them from buying it. No matter how bad or heavy the criticism may be. But at least it's a better approach than recommending one of the worst sequels to the franchise (apart from Tactics and FOBOS).

On 10/31/2018 at 5:34 PM, endgameaddiction said:

While it's subjective which is better and which offers more RPG, they are better than Fallout 4 role-playhing wise (...and overall in my opinion).

I don't think Fallout 4 can roleplay wise remotely compete with FNV or Fallout 3, 2, 1, voice acting and very forced background definetly hurted it much more, limited dialogue options just a cake along with the choices.

You can fix with mods the dialogue ui and the voice, but thats just allow to actually have your own char freedom again, choice wise it is much more limited still.

On 10/31/2018 at 1:02 AM, Gameplayer said:

I have suggested Fo1 and Fo2 to some die hard FNV fans but a lot of them told me I was bat shit crazy after they died so bad from Mole Rats in the beginning of the game claiming isometric and turn based was horrible game design...Both of those I have played in modern games and like.

Tthat horrid ui, it just barely usable, combat is also work weirdly, but just pump all point to agility ;) , so that combat solved.

Not everyone like turn based or Isometric games, even modern ones get shit from certain folks.

8 hours ago, endgameaddiction said:

That team that is developing New Vegas on Fallout 4's Creation Engine looks really promising. But seeing as how Bethesda loves to shut projects down and I wouldn't be surprised if at some point it happens to that.

If that team makes it a requirement (programmed with checks etc) to have Fallout New Vegas, it should be good. Just look at how TaleOfTwoWastelands does that with Fallout 3.

Archived