DEAD OR ALIVE 6 REVEAL TRAILER

WideWalson

7 minutes ago, kassarc16 said:

Already seeing evidence they're trying to prude it up, though.

At least until they sell the skimpy costumes with soft engine physics as DLC, of course.

About the soft engine... In the IGN interview, they said its going to be reduced and the costumes less skimpy...?

"In Dead or Alive 6, female characters’ breasts no longer jiggle and bounce in the exaggerated fashion the series became increasingly known for, and the costumes we have seen so far are less revealing. Female characters are depicted in a more natural way, which makes them feel more human and believable than before."

"It goes without saying that this decision is heavily influenced by the fact that the industry is moving away from overtly sexualized female characters in general, but Team Ninja seems to have a concrete vision behind this shift in style. If you look at the game’s concept art, you can see that Kasumi is no longer just a fantasy figure for young boys; she’s a warrior."

“Today, games developed for smartphone devices are often played with similar simplicity. That made me want to create a fighting game playable with only one finger, and this idea became the foundation of the new Special button.”

Let's see if they survive with the removal of their only strength.

Is it just me or has Helena dropped like 3 cup sizes? I know she was one of the bustier girls but she looks like she might even be smaller than Kasumi now (who looks about the same as before) that doesn't seem right. They better not have messed with Honoka, I mean the whole point of her character is that she has the biggest boobs if we're being honest lol. Given how popular she and Marie are I'm guessing they'll be in 6.

Anyway, it looks nice but it doesn't look like it's changed a huge amount from Last Round. The models don't look that different, just higher poly with sharper textures, muscles on the guys look pretty good, sweat looks better, better lighting and effects, but otherwise it's pretty similar. Maybe that means it's running on similar tech to LR so maybe the costume system will be the same (was it any different in X3?) and if that's true I imagine we'll be able to mod it to hell again.

The slow-mo face punch thing is cool, reminds me of Fight Night Round 3 or whatever that game was back in the early 360 days.

Also, given it's launching on Steam alongside the console versions we shouldn't get a half-assed port this time. It SHOULD have feature parity across versions.

Dope for all modders xD

And how do you know there are no revealing outfits and such anymore from such a nothing-saying-trailer. You must be very naiv to think there won´t be, it´s DOA at all and they never showed revealing stuff on their games in announcement trailers or first trailers. Also it´s more or less their main selling point, sex sells... you know. Barely anyone buys DoA Games because of the fighting system - it´s fine but it´s not why people like DoA over such as Tekken or Streetfighter. It´s because people like the girls from there and they know there will be sexy custumizable stuff, gravures and funny other unlockables and whatnot.

Models look better and younger and graphics slightly better, that´s all you can see basically.

@dogcookie

Check again, it says PS4, One and Steam.

When DOA 5 launched they tried to downplay the sexy aspect and went with the whole "I'm a fighter" thing.... then went on to make way more money on sexy DLC than they ever did through traditional sales.

Koei Tecmo knows where their bread is buttered.... DOA isn't going to overtake Tekken or Street Fighter at EVO or anything. 

1 hour ago, runerruner said:

Is it just me or has Helena dropped like 3 cup sizes? I know she was one of the bustier girls but she looks like she might even be smaller than Kasumi now (who looks about the same as before) that doesn't seem right. They better not have messed with Honoka, I mean the whole point of her character is that she has the biggest boobs if we're being honest lol. Given how popular she and Marie are I'm guessing they'll be in 6.

Funny enough though most of the girls in Soul Calibur 6 have gone up 3 cup sizes... Sophitia is stacked in that game now.

33 minutes ago, TroubleMaker said:

yeah I'm going to pass on this unless they change this stupidity .. 

https://twitter.com/i/web/status/1005119744951967745

I think it's not too bad. Actually I like natural smaller breasts than the fake watermelons. That's why I am trying to create some natural body types in DOA5LR.   

P.S. TN need to add body type options so that it will satisfy variety of gamer's taste.  

2 hours ago, dogcookie said:

I think it's not too bad. Actually I like natural smaller breasts than the fake watermelons. That's why I am trying to create some natural body types in DOA5LR.   

P.S. TN need to add body type options so that it will satisfy variety of gamer's taste.  

Big Breast physics was this game " joker card" from Itagaki  on PS1,as it was a mediocre fighting game, it needed to be somehow distinguished itself from other fighting games of 90's. DoA II on Dreamcast was the best out there ; with new arena system,new fan service tons of costumes,new reverse move system,new next- gen graphics,mega cool music,double team action movies and tag battles.Now it's just another sjw game coming from "Japan", just watch Itagaki  interview when he went solo from Tecmo. 

1 hour ago, Verhoven69 said:

Wait for the ESRB ratings first. If it's T then we're in trouble!

Come on, is this really matter? We just need DOA6 platform and soft engine. We can make any body types and all the sexy skimpy costumes only limited by our imagination.

I can't wait for the nude mods. If the costumes are less skimpy I don't really care as I don't play DOA unmodded anyways. I will just wait for nude mods or skimpy lewd mods.

Breast jiggle is a worry though. Hopefully it's just a spook to appease western journalists to get them off their back and we will find a breast jiggle on/off option in the game options, or maybe they will sell it as DLC. Anyways I am not too worried, after all the DLC costumes we've been getting the last few years, DOAX3 and DOXVV being recent releases, I am almost 100% sure the devs didn't just do a sudden 180 and that they are only saying this because it's a mainline series release and they don't want negative controversy, they will just slip in the sexiness low key with DLC.

Hopefully we get soft engine and breakable clothes by default on PC as well. I can't wait till we get a mod where a girl is dressed up in multiple layers of clothing (bra and panties, then pants and shirt, then a jacket plus accessories) and slowly loses clothed throughout the round, some get ripped with holes and others completely torn off, until she's left totally naked by the end of the round, or maybe even half naked, too many low attacks only and she ends up bottomless but still with her jacket on for example. Ah a man can dream, I hope this is possible with DOA6.

Edit. With default boob sizes being reduced, annoying yes. But I am sure we can fix that with the HLOD mod being remade for DOA6. All I hope for is for DOA6 to have all the right engine features to be a great modding platform for the next few years.

1 hour ago, Mandalore777 said:

I can't wait for the nude mods. If the costumes are less skimpy I don't really care as I don't play DOA unmodded anyways. I will just wait for nude mods or skimpy lewd mods.

Breast jiggle is a worry though. Hopefully it's just a spook to appease western journalists to get them off their back and we will find a breast jiggle on/off option in the game options, or maybe they will sell it as DLC. Anyways I am not too worried, after all the DLC costumes we've been getting the last few years, DOAX3 and DOXVV being recent releases, I am almost 100% sure the devs didn't just do a sudden 180 and that they are only saying this because it's a mainline series release and they don't want negative controversy, they will just slip in the sexiness low key with DLC.

Hopefully we get soft engine and breakable clothes by default on PC as well. I can't wait till we get a mod where a girl is dressed up in multiple layers of clothing (bra and panties, then pants and shirt, then a jacket plus accessories) and slowly loses clothed throughout the round, some get ripped with holes and others completely torn off, until she's left totally naked by the end of the round, or maybe even half naked, too many low attacks only and she ends up bottomless but still with her jacket on for example. Ah a man can dream, I hope this is possible with DOA6.

Edit. With default boob sizes being reduced, annoying yes. But I am sure we can fix that with the HLOD mod being remade for DOA6. All I hope for is for DOA6 to have all the right engine features to be a great modding platform for the next few years.

Collect all your proposals and send them to the company KT. There must know what true lovers of the game want.

Doa5 "I'm a fighter" all over again bros.

I'm not afraid at all, hell we even got BPXVV so I can't buy the "prude" vibe they try to give here.

They will start as such, warrior Kasumi and all, but don't worry they are going to strip her pretty ass in no time after the launch and shower us with bikinis. Maybe they'll take some time to do so, just like for DOA5, but money will prevail.

I'm not a fan of the graphics tho, looks way too much like injustice.

I think TN will make DOA6 very hard to mod. They can encrypt TMC and make it impossible to modify the mesh. Take a look of Tekken 7, there are still no totally nude mod in the game. That's why TN can release steam version at launch without fear of mods.

15 minutes ago, dogcookie said:

I think TN will make DOA6 very hard to mod. They can encrypt TMC and make it impossible to modify the mesh. Take a look of Tekken 7, there are still no totally nude mod in the game. That's why TN can release steam version at launch without fear of mods.

tekken 7 was't make by TN anyway, i thing they just simple releash pc version for make money and given up on fighting with modder

Archived