Deviously Cursed Loot SE 9.0 (2021-03-09)

34 minutes ago, Pfiffy said:

It is a bit different... People like Zarantha or Tasairis contributed a lot to the things that have been released under my name. But it seems like they always stand in my shadow. They should get their flowers, too. And I really appreciate the fact that Zarantha released the latest version of DCL. 

Won't argue that, I thought Zar was on the team. If not, you should draft them :D Zar's been really helpful to me and others trying to get back into SE tho, and I'm really appreciative.

49 minutes ago, Pfiffy said:

It is a bit different... People like Zarantha or Tasairis contributed a lot to the things that have been released under my name. But it seems like they always stand in my shadow. They should get their flowers, too. And I really appreciate the fact that Zarantha released the latest version of DCL.  

Sorry for my English.

SkyrimSE has grown mature ftom your efforts. You are important to this development. Zarantha and Tasairis too.

Together and all those who offered to SkyrimSE to become playable like OldSkyrim.

I'm happy about what you offered, I wish you were always here.

Thank to you, to Zarantha, Tasairis, and the other modders, to be good and always do what you please.

29 minutes ago, unmog said:

Won't argue that, I thought Zar was on the team. If not, you should draft them :D Zar's been really helpful to me and others trying to get back into SE tho, and I'm really appreciative.

14 minutes ago, Alayia said:

Sorry for my English.

SkyrimSE has grown mature ftom your efforts. You are important to this development. Zarantha and Tasairis too.

Together and all those who offered to SkyrimSE to become playable like OldSkyrim.

I'm happy about what you offered, I wish you were always here.

Thank to you, to Zarantha, Tasairis, and the other modders, to be good and always do what you please.

That's what I mean... don't tell me tell them!

1 hour ago, Pfiffy said:

That's what I mean... don't tell me tell them!

I did! That was the first thing I did actually ?

On 5/24/2019 at 4:28 AM, unmog said:

Regardless, I'm happy to lend a hand if I can as far as any testing I can do to help, I figure for helping test stuff a mostly unmodded game would be best anyway. But wow, its a lot more complicated than I thought it was going to be, and this is coming from someone with over 200 mods in Skyrim Legacy. Here I thought SE was supposed to make things harder better faster stronger~

Anyway, I assume @Kimy is still around hard at work even tho she's gone quiet here on the forum. And it's nice to meet you @Pfiffy too, I don't remember you from before but it seems like your doing a lot of hard work. If I had income right now I'd donate to your Patreon, but I know it may not mean as much I still wanted to at least say thanks for the blood, sweat, tears, time, headaches, etc.

Uhm, seeing that Kimy apparently took over Devious Devices... I assume the old guard aren't around much anymore?
Kupo~

See kupo

On 5/24/2019 at 7:32 PM, unmog said:

Ah, so you're on the team too? I didnt want to assume. But hey, and thanks, both for your work and for the reply.

It was my first reply to Zarantha actually :D

I love the DCL mod too much to roll back to the older version, so I'm dealing with the issues that I'm having, but I'm running into a problem that is stopping my character dead in her tracks at the moment.

When wearing a gag, which mod in responsible for the following "conversation" between the character and NPC?

NPC- I can't make out what you're saying, are those even real words?

You- (you realize talking through your gag is impossible

NPC- Sorry I can't understand you, you're going to have to get rid of your gag first.

Not sure if this is coming from DCL or just DD in general, but my character is currently stuck in an armbinder and gag and literally every NPC I have tried talking to is giving me this conversation. She has been unable to escape her armbinder after about 10 struggle attempts and cutting loose attempts, I can't talk to a merchant to possibly start a bondage adventure quest and I can't talk to anyone else to do a shopping quest. I know I can eventually struggle out of it, but I never had this hard of a problem talking to an NPC before. I'm hoping there is a mod setting to lower the odds of this conversation line happening.

Every time something similar happened since the new update, I was able to talk to my follower to start a shopping quest, but now my follower is gagged too and I can't talk to her either. I'm also too low leveled to run around and find a place to hunt for sharp objects. I don't like relying on that anyway because what if this was a yoke I was in and that wouldn't be an option.

30 minutes ago, serranna said:

When wearing a gag, which mod in responsible for the following "conversation" between the character and NPC?

NPC- I can't make out what you're saying, are those even real words?

You- (you realize talking through your gag is impossible

NPC- Sorry I can't understand you, you're going to have to get rid of your gag first.

Not sure if this is coming from DCL or just DD in general, but my character is currently stuck in an armbinder and gag and literally every NPC I have tried talking to is giving me this conversation. She has been unable to escape her armbinder after about 10 struggle attempts and cutting loose attempts, I can't talk to a merchant to possibly start a bondage adventure quest and I can't talk to anyone else to do a shopping quest. I know I can eventually struggle out of it, but I never had this hard of a problem talking to an NPC before. I'm hoping there is a mod setting to lower the odds of this conversation line happening.

Every time something similar happened since the new update, I was able to talk to my follower to start a shopping quest, but now my follower is gagged too and I can't talk to her either. I'm also too low leveled to run around and find a place to hunt for sharp objects. I don't like relying on that anyway because what if this was a yoke I was in and that wouldn't be an option.

I noticed that as well, at least in the earlier CL. I also was curious what was causing that, I dont remember that behavior in my older LE version. I thought maybe it had something to do with the difficulty setting in DD, but even putting that to vanilla didnt change the behavior. It might also be in the ZaZ menu I think, theres an option for handling gags? Could try disabling it if its on, or enabling it if its off. So, I'd be interested in learning that too.

More to your issue, I havent been in that situation since I just did a clean restart. So, maybe it wont happen in v8.3. If so however I know two mods you might be interested in if you have a follower. They both have options to ask your follower for help. The first and easiest is one called Devious Device Helpers which returns the old behavior of being able to ask for help, but also adds some playful interactivity so your follower does more than just carrying your burdens. The second is Devious Followers if you want something harder. It includes options to make it easier or harder but the main idea is you need to pay your follower a wage for their help every day. If you can't, it adds up debt, get a certain amount of debt and they enslave you. It also has options for like, interest on debt, making bondage deals to reduce your debt, etc~ Anyway one of the options is for them to help you out of stuff, but they charge you something, which is configurable. You can make it 0 tho.

I had considered both of those mods before but haven't gotten around to trying them out. Normally I could get out with my followers help by doing the shopping quest, but my follower got gagged in a recent trap (traps trigger often in my game!) and I can not even talk to her. Does DDHelpers and Devious Followers allow you to talk to a gagged follower if you are gagged as well?

When I play the game later I'll look through the ZAZ settings. if I learn anything before someone who knows more than I do posts, I'll let you know!

On 6/9/2019 at 7:43 PM, Starphyre said:

This text is from the beginning of the DCL Live another Live module. The text about the girl is from The Dollmaker's quest "Rubber Arrears" I think. 

Huh, strange that it appears after disabling cursed loot. One person said to me on a different help post that I should try to disable the option that makes the bound girls spawn because it could very well be causing the issue. I just cant find that setting.

39 minutes ago, war11010 said:

Huh, strange that it appears after disabling cursed loot. One person said to me on a different help post that I should try to disable the option that makes the bound girls spawn because it could very well be causing the issue. I just cant find that setting.

At the bottom of Miscellaneous Settings there is an option for number of bound girls. It defaults at 15 I believe.

3 hours ago, serranna said:

I had considered both of those mods before but haven't gotten around to trying them out. Normally I could get out with my followers help by doing the shopping quest, but my follower got gagged in a recent trap (traps trigger often in my game!) and I can not even talk to her. Does DDHelpers and Devious Followers allow you to talk to a gagged follower if you are gagged as well?

When I play the game later I'll look through the ZAZ settings. if I learn anything before someone who knows more than I do posts, I'll let you know!

Unsure if it lets you talk to them if theyre gagged, I dont think it overwrites any normal behavior from DD but I could be wrong. Doesnt hurt to try it and find out. Since devices dont really work on men and my current follower is a man (I got sold to him at the start of LAL) I turned off CL behavior for followers. More fun for me anyway, plus I dont see why a trap would effect the whole room instead of directly in front of the object triggering it~ And its not like if you happen to trigger it when sneaking around bandits the bandits also get tied up right? That doesnt make much sense immersion wise and I figure theres other ways followers can get stuff on them anyway.

Also in case it matters kupo, I thought the bound girls thing was kinda buggy in LE so I've always disabled them (set them to 0) since then. I remember even after untying them they would wander around naked with their mouth open and arms bound and it looked odd. And even after reverse pickpocketing them a set of clothes they wouldn't wear it. Maybe Im wrong tho and stuff about them is better/fixed now. Im just a creature of habit I suppose, I just never saw the point to begin with so less work my skyrim has to do and less NPCs that get to have fun with bondage. ? ITS ALL MINE! MUAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Kupo

1 hour ago, serranna said:

At the bottom of Miscellaneous Settings there is an option for number of bound girls. It defaults at 15 I believe.

That was It!!! I found the setting thanks. My game didn't crash entering Whiterun this time! All my damn attempts to fix this issue when all I had to do was change an MCM setting. PHEW!

Wow I'm having my first experience with the new whore collar, and it's forcing me to have more sex than I think I ever had in all my other playthroughs combines (not really as much into the sex part). This will take a long time to earn enough money to get this off...

I found another device that does not work. The steel yoke is completely invisible just like the steel shackles. I'm a bit bummed out by that but I'm letting my imagination go to work here pretending it's some magically enchanted invisible restraint. Interesting when I use addmenuitem to browse through the items from the mod, I see 4 different Steek Yokes. 3 of them look fine and 1 is invisible. The game just HAPPENS to use the one I can't see...

Is anyone having issues with the cursed loot events? Specifically, I can't ever get the items to spawn in containers, traps don't trigger, etc. This is even when I crank up the event chance to 100%.

The other functions of the mod work for me, like solicitation, dialogues, etc.

I am hoping someone might have some insight as to why these events aren't working?

3 hours ago, serranna said:

I assume LAL is live another life?

The only LAL option I have related to DD is the captured princess start (which I LOVE playing!). Are there any other related mods that work with it? I've been looking for something different.

There is Immerslave. It lets you start up already tied up in one of the otherwise normal LAL beginnings. Its a bit old tho since it hasnt been updated in awhile. Like, some of the items it uses are old, doesnt have new stuff.

That said its also from Oldrim, but I tried it out and it works just fine in SE otherwise. It'd be nice if someone took it and updated it tho~

1 hour ago, serranna said:

Wow I'm having my first experience with the new whore collar, and it's forcing me to have more sex than I think I ever had in all my other playthroughs combines (not really as much into the sex part). This will take a long time to earn enough money to get this off...

I found another device that does not work. The steel yoke is completely invisible just like the steel shackles. I'm a bit bummed out by that but I'm letting my imagination go to work here pretending it's some magically enchanted invisible restraint. Interesting when I use addmenuitem to browse through the items from the mod, I see 4 different Steek Yokes. 3 of them look fine and 1 is invisible. The game just HAPPENS to use the one I can't see...

Thats odd, since I see it just fine. Sounds like something didnt install right for your meshes... unless its some other yoke I dont know about. I know theres the heavy rusty looking one, and the skinny shiny one. They both work fine for me. I think theres also some bonus yokes I remember seeing from ZaZ, like a wooden one, but those arent used all that much, other than stuff like simple slavery and so on.

In all honesty I didnt like the yoke for a variety of reasons so I ended up turning the off. But, can confirm they were visable to me in 8.3. What version are you at?

1 hour ago, falloutxking said:

Is anyone having issues with the cursed loot events? Specifically, I can't ever get the items to spawn in containers, traps don't trigger, etc. This is even when I crank up the event chance to 100%.

The other functions of the mod work for me, like solicitation, dialogues, etc.

I am hoping someone might have some insight as to why these events aren't working?

Uhm, nupe, seems to be working fine for me. Like I asked Sera tho... what version of CL are ya using?

24 minutes ago, unmog said:

There is Immerslave. It lets you start up already tied up in one of the otherwise normal LAL beginnings. Its a bit old tho since it hasnt been updated in awhile. Like, some of the items it uses are old, doesnt have new stuff.

That said its also from Oldrim, but I tried it out and it works just fine in SE otherwise. It'd be nice if someone took it and updated it tho~

Thats odd, since I see it just fine. Sounds like something didnt install right for your meshes... unless its some other yoke I dont know about. I know theres the heavy rusty looking one, and the skinny shiny one. They both work fine for me. I think theres also some bonus yokes I remember seeing from ZaZ, like a wooden one, but those arent used all that much, other than stuff like simple slavery and so on.

In all honesty I didnt like the yoke for a variety of reasons so I ended up turning the off. But, can confirm they were visable to me in 8.3. What version are you at?

Uhm, nupe, seems to be working fine for me. Like I asked Sera tho... what version of CL are ya using?

I am currently using version 8.3. I had also tested it on the previous build and had the same issue with the events.

I even tried a new profile in MO2 and limited my modlist to this mod and its requirements but I still had issues with the events, even at 100% chance. It is very strange that all other functions of the mod work though. 

30 minutes ago, falloutxking said:

I am currently using version 8.3. I had also tested it on the previous build and had the same issue with the events.

I even tried a new profile in MO2 and limited my modlist to this mod and its requirements but I still had issues with the events, even at 100% chance. It is very strange that all other functions of the mod work though. 

Are you using a new character? In the newest version of the mod, traps do not trigger until character level 3

Unmog: I'm using the latest version 8.3. I posted on the previous page issues I'm having with a few other items not looking right or being invisible, and this was after a delete of the folder and clean install of all the mods. I'm at a loss, but it's not gamebreaking so I'm dealing with it though a bit bummed about it. I know too little about this to be able to troubleshoot meshes and the like.

31 minutes ago, falloutxking said:

Kimmy also warns against switching from versions like, from 6 to 7, or 7 to 8 mid game. The official stance is to make a new game. If you did that tho, I dunno as I dont use MO~

@unmog : Zarantha helped me right from the start by doing the support, the scripting part and the basics for HDT.  If you check the patreon link, you will hopefully end up on Ashals patreon. If you have some money to spend, support him. 

21 minutes ago, Scootty said:

Might be a simple fix I find whenever equipping devious device of any kind my character model completely disappears tryed reinstall load order need some help still a novice with this stuff

Fixed disappearing model now animations so Zaz I guess?

11 hours ago, unmog said:

Kimmy also warns against switching from versions like, from 6 to 7, or 7 to 8 mid game. The official stance is to make a new game. If you did that tho, I dunno as I dont use MO~

Yeah, I always use new games to test mods.

That being said, I have done two things since and I have seemed to have fixed the issue with the events. First, I noticed that Wyre Bash was saying that this mod (Cursed Loot ESP) and Devious Devices Extension ESM had the skyrim LE form factor, so, I simply converted both mods to SE using CK. Second, I leveled my character to 10 (since you made it clear that characters must be past level 3 to trigger traps). Upon inspecting a body with 100% chance of triggering DCL, it worked!

Ill be honest though, I did not think I had to convert the esp to SE considering this is the DCL SE conversion thread? Regardless, that... or the level thing fixed my issue, cheers.