Heyo everyone,

I started off with my posts on this thread:

starting thread

Though apparently people seemed more interested than I thought.

So far here's what I've done. I've gotten rid of the vampire lord mesh, and replaced it with a normal custom body. The body retains its face gen; meaning: hair, eyes, and face style remain the same even in vampire lord form.

I also changed the female vampire lord armor, into ADEC's version of succubus armor. Which is just my own preference.

There's still alot of work to improve upon, because of the awkward look of the vampire lord leaning forward all the time. This is probably due to the fact that I'm currently using the vampire lord behavior with the female_skeleton.nif.

Without further ado here is my Custom Vampire Lord:

Some vids of what I've done so far:

Some screenies:

2012-08-15_00001.jpg

2012-08-29_00001.jpg

2012-08-29_00004.jpg

2012-08-15_00009.jpg

2012-08-29_00003.jpg

Male version:

2012-09-23_00005_zps87444209.jpg

2012-09-23_00003_zpsea3acfb0.jpg

2012-09-23_00002_zpsd1e8664f.jpg

2012-09-23_00001_zps1f5e8f02.jpg

I will post more progress as it comes.

Updates:

09/23/12

Alright, so I finally got around to doing the male side of the house. I could perhaps try to find horns or wings I could mount on his head like devilman (as cegi suggested). So if you know of anything that would fit on the head let me know.

I choose the gabriel armor, because I liked how it seemed to fit. I removed the cross (which looked completely out of place). In case you don't know I didn't make this armor, this is all Xinavro's work.

So credit goes all to him for the armor. The wings are also not by me, those are done by Jimhsu.

Now just like the female, the shoulders and neck are still odd looking. I believe its time I asked my friend for some help on fixing that ^^. So hopefully I can get that part fixed eventually.

Updated the pictures for some screenies of the male version.

Dowload:

Credits:

Acdale - Succubus armor & ADEC

Xinavro - Gabriel Belmont Armor

Jimhsu - Dragon wings

*Sinkitsune - I will release a beta soon as I figure out the files needed lol. Lets just say I toyed around with "alot" of things and I have to narrow down what I exactly did. The esp I made, I realize did most of it..but there's one final thing I'm trying to figure out how I pulled off. Soon as I'm able to duplicate it, I will post it.

@WOlverinehowlett - Yes, it would be very easy to do. Though I'm not sure what male armor I should use for the male version. I don't have a male armor in mind yet, so suggestions are welcome ^^

Glad that decided to create a new thread for this. anyways, for the beta u need to upload animations, body and armor. if u have changed something more or altered something in CK then that too. since u said to me that u used default hkxs then i think only these are needed. Dunno about ur Skeleton since havent seen it nor u said which one u used for VL itself. Body couse there's a lot of users who dont know how to mod. btw didnt ask: u kept VL armor intact and added everything to VL body or did some tweaks for that in CK? since i made all the body parts from scratch for it-hands,feets,body,head, and if i remember right i didnt have bat jump effect. Can assure that both variants works.

P.S. when time allows i'll work a bit on my XMLs ;)

Thanks everyone for the compliments. Well more or less my characters head/hair/face is just the same as the character. I don't think I could figure out how to retain a certain face gen only for the vampire lord.

So far the way its setup is your characters regular face will be retained during transformation into vampire lord. Except you will have horns.

Also, sorry about the low quality for the second video. I could have sworn I recorded it in HD. It should have no problem doing that either, considering the first vid was my laptop, and the second was my desktop lol.

Let me try to summarize what I've at least been able to do thus far.

I have been able to retain the face gen/hair/eyes of the player character. The body I'm using is ADEC, but any body can be substituted instead to fit your liking. My blond character, Cedwin is actually a Lunari elf. So it works for custom races, long as they are scripted to be able to be vampires. (which most are)

The succubus armor you see is the female vampire lord armor, which also could be substituted with another armor of your choice. I just choice it because its "bat" like which at least reflects one aspect of the vampire.

Though I have to agree with everyone that the vanilla vampire lord.....really turned me off in playing one. The really sad part is now I feel that vampire lords have an unfair advantage over werewolves. Especially because they have two modes. I can't recall even with werewolf mods..where my character could use a simply spell to rag doll a giant @_@.

@Syndrome - I'm glad you like it..though its nothing compared to dark knight/paladin that your team had came up with.

@cegi985 - Devil man would be cool, though I can't make things from scratch. If an existing mesh or model exists out there, I could possibly convert it. Was there any devil man games? If there was, were there any 3d ones? Reason I ask is then I could search for a ripped model from the game.

@Destructers - I would LOVE to see the wings move as well. Though I don't have to skill to pull off such a thing..unless I figure it out. Its possible I could weld the wings permanently to the custom body, and try to use the vampire lord skeleton for the wing bones.

Though...last time I used the vampire lord skeleton on a custom body...it ended up looking rather freakish. The neck was like 2 feet long, and the fingers were like x4 the size. It was kinda odd looking lol.

There is alot of talented people here at LL, and I know some people are working on custom vampire lord skeletons. One being Jancicc. So if they ever see completion alot more would be able to be done. Such as even better animations for the vampire lord.

One suggestion was to use the float from the pretty combat idles, instead of the current one. I see alot of possibilities, so its just a matter of time.

Woah, you posted just as I posted Jancicc lol.

I did alot of tinkering, but I think I've narrowed it down if you are interested in trying. Keep in mind that the armor I used is ADEC succubus armor.esp. So that would be a requirement to make it work.

I'll upload both here so anyone who is interested in trying can. I would not recommend anyone who doesn't want things buggy to not test this.

I still haven't figured out exactly the files needed to make it work. Basically, I copied my esp from my laptop, and put it on my desktop. Here's what happened with "only" the esp.

My desktop when in game, had the vampire lord frozen unable to move or have animations. When I copied over some of the animations I tweaked, suddenly the character came to life. What's really odd is the more I messed with the animations, the more broken the vampire lord became.

The key to it all is the float_idle.hkx animation. So hopefully all that will be required is my vampire lord esp, adec succubus esp/mesh/textures, and the float_idle.hkx. I also use the female_skeleton.nif for the vampire lord beast races skeleton, and I use the default vampire lord behavior file.

Though I'll just upload everything that I ploped into my desktop to make it work.

Just copy this into your data folder:

custom vampire lord beta

To answer all of your questions:

Glad that decided to create a new thread for this. anyways, for the beta u need to upload animations, body and armor.

The file above is everything I used.

if u have changed something more or altered something in CK then that too.

The esp above is everything I altered in the ck.

since u said to me that u used default hkxs then i think only these are needed.

I used the default hkx, but I believe the float_idle.hkx is set to the female_skeleton.nif. All I did in fact was import the female_body.nif with skeleton into the 3ds max scene, and then the float_idle.kf. Then I hid the body, and exported the scene.

Dunno about ur Skeleton since havent seen it nor u said which one u used for VL itself.

Currently I'm using the female_skeleton.nif.

btw didnt ask: u kept VL armor intact and added everything to VL body or did some tweaks for that in CK?

I tweaked it in the CK. I removed the nif in the armor section, and just added the succubus armor pieces to it.

Hopefully that answers all of your questions Jancicc, because you have x20 more experience than me when it comes to this stuff lol. Hopefully what I did here helps.

@Slivist

I'll put Skeleton a side from plans a bit and see what's with Animations and wing movement.

Edit:

And skeleton which ur using, which is it and is it altered?

Edit 2:

Well i wont be able to do anything atm since Max is throwing errors at me, every click results in 8 errors. doesnt matter what i'm doing, is it mesh, animation or empty file, errors are in application itself which i believe is caused by Havoc.

@jancicc - The skeleton I'm using is probably the bbp skeleton. It maybe actually a dual swords on back variation.

When you say max is throwing errors, is it throwing errors from the files I uploaded? Or just in general? If so, that sucks.

I never really messed with the animation file, other than importing it into a scene, exporting it out and converting from kf back to hkx.

@jancicc - The skeleton I'm using is probably the bbp skeleton. It maybe actually a dual swords on back variation.

When you say max is throwing errors' date=' is it throwing errors from the files I uploaded? Or just in general? If so, that sucks.

I never really messed with the animation file, other than importing it into a scene, exporting it out and converting from kf back to hkx.

[/quote']

Messing around with the animation files I use normally and the stuff you did with this I managed to semi merge them and get the CBBE BBP effect when the vampire lord walks/runs as well as the run/walk towards the camera, if I could merge the BBP skeleton and the VL skeleton, could probably get the other animations to work right, because as of now floating causes the model to implode on itself, as well as the attacking animations.

Also it doesn't seem like the Succubus armor esp file is needed as your VL one some how references the armor models, and without that particular ESP in folder I could still see the Succubus gear. Perhaps it was referencing something else though.

When you say max is throwing errors' date=' is it throwing errors from the files I uploaded? Or just in general? If so, that sucks.

[/quote']

In general, as i said even empty file is causing errors. cant even rotate or move something, clicking in menu results in errors. kinda annoying to close ~8 errors + every error message is located somewhere else so cant even fast skip them all :s

@Aydoo

Exporting with skeleton which has BBP support, also body is needed only. when i was working with animations before i had BBP too so merging isnt needed. to avoid disoriented bones when animating and ingame, one way is to chain them to another bone to move with it. like chain (pre)breast bones to clavicle.

P.S. thinked of an good idea about skeletons, idk why it didnt appear earlier, might be getting heavily drunk enlighted me :D. i'll try it when will have time and Max back in action.

u can try to ask what it is but u wont find it out from me ;p

Thanks everyone, glad you guys like it.

@Jancicc - Meh sorry to hear that, I hate when programs throw tantrums. lol I won't ask what you came up with, and leave it to your field of expertise. I'm sure when you get 3ds max working, and have the time; we'll see some good results ;p

@Aydoo - Heh well good to know, that makes 1 less esp required then. Well I figure the skeleton merged would look like conterra's skeleton from oblivion. Though I'm far from being an expert with skeletons, that'd be Jancicc's field ;p

I agree that if we had a skeleton that appeared like the BBP one, but had all of the vampire lord bones..perhaps everything would work right.

For me currently everything works. I'm actually playing through the dawnguard story line as a vampire lord without any issues with animations. The biggest problem I see is the odd head tilt, and the arms. The arms look like my character was lifting some weights, and has the body builder walk to it.

I've tried all sorts of combinations, but this way was by far the simplest and easiest to get it all to work. I'm sure with a custom skeleton, perhaps new animations would not even be required. Though its hard to say how it will look, till that point.

Though, now that its at this point. I'm sure even better things can be done in the future.

I got some better footage while playing through dawnguard. So I'll upload a hopefully better video tomorrow.

@Silvist

Animations WILL be required, i said earlier that animations are overriding skeletons. with new skeleton u will just add new posibilities, like weapons for VL form or any other bones etc.

Skeletons aint really my field, i'm programmer in basis so i was scripting Oblivion and Fallout series, Only in Skyrim i started to work with models. So all the skeleton thingies are known to me but not my field. i'm on SO SO with animating and bones.

Tho i'm fast learner and it shouldn't give much of a trouble unless Max will test my patience even after Reinstall/repair then there's slighty big chance that i'm temporary or even permenantly stopping any kind of Skyrim modding.

This looks pretty good is there a way that this could be used in a way to just use the players body instead? As I'm not really a fan of big breasts/body/bpp and other mods that make everything big it's bad enough that the vampire lord is fugly and my player is small then transforms into lord and becomes 6 feet tall.

Thanks everyone' date=' glad you guys like it.

@Jancicc - Meh sorry to hear that, I hate when programs throw tantrums. lol I won't ask what you came up with, and leave it to your field of expertise. I'm sure when you get 3ds max working, and have the time; we'll see some good results ;p

@Aydoo - Heh well good to know, that makes 1 less esp required then. Well I figure the skeleton merged would look like conterra's skeleton from oblivion. Though I'm far from being an expert with skeletons, that'd be Jancicc's field ;p

I agree that if we had a skeleton that appeared like the BBP one, but had all of the vampire lord bones..perhaps everything would work right.

For me currently everything works. I'm actually playing through the dawnguard story line as a vampire lord without any issues with animations. The biggest problem I see is the odd head tilt, and the arms. The arms look like my character was lifting some weights, and has the body builder walk to it.

I've tried all sorts of combinations, but this way was by far the simplest and easiest to get it all to work. I'm sure with a custom skeleton, perhaps new animations would not even be required. Though its hard to say how it will look, till that point.

Though, now that its at this point. I'm sure even better things can be done in the future.

I got some better footage while playing through dawnguard. So I'll upload a hopefully better video tomorrow.

[/quote']

Yeah basically I replaced the skeleton you used with the BBP one in the Perfect V2 pack, this allowed all the animations that I normally use to work fine on the model (Just had to move and replace the runfoward/runback etc files in your folder.) I was trying to test and see how the model was rigged, since early analysis was saying that the vampire lord was one static model, which after your files actually breaks it down into multiple piece mesh. Like I said earlier the only thing that I can see that is needed after your awesome ESP is another skeleton using the BBP as base rigged for the VL animations, since as now they are expecting different parts than are connected to them.

Also note I did run Fore's animation for Players tool, to get them to sync right since I use his system.

Edit: Made a vid showing off what I meant. Changed the Succubus to the Alan2. BBP pack's version to Doomed Valk since that was the quickest one I could find at the time. Skeleton was replaced with the above mentioned Perfect V2, and the walk/run/jump animations stolen from my normal animation folder.

@myuhinny

Just replace the Cuirassf_1.nif with whatever armor/body that you want to use.

@Aydoo - Thanks. Are you using the vampire lord behavior file? Cause it looked like you switched it to defaultfemale.hkx. I had it working like that before, and the bonus it gives you is a sneak mode in vampire lord form.

The problem is you loose the different modes float and combat. That's why I stuck to having a female skeleton with the default vampire lord behavior. The odd exploding mesh, is what was caused by me tampering with animation files. I wasn't sure if that was due to the fact that I screwed up something or if its because I only converted about 5-6 animations.

If we had a real merged skeleton; I agree the animations probably wouldn't need much tweaking.

Here's another video, and I got a better one incoming:

[video=youtube]