@Silvist I'm speechless.Your work and dedication are simply amazing...great job

Just tried it' date='I have nothing but a single complain:my character's eyes revert back to vanilla and his face gets fatter(I'm using the ethereal elven overhaul),can you please fix this if possible?

[/quote']

One solution to your eye problem, while not elegant it does work. To achieve the glowing eyes use the Creation Kit and allow the Vamp eyes to be select-able by the base race of whatever your playing. Since the shift to Vamplord seems to revert you actually to a prevampire appearance. Hence is why your eyes seem to change back to normal.

Now that you have the vampire eyes set as an option for your race. Your will need to change them in your game. By removing vampirsim, then doing a changeracemenu command. Basically whatever you want your vampirelord to look like; it must be present before becoming a vampire. I hope this helps.

On a side note apparently I decided to get off my lazy ass. I am attempting to give merging the skeleton a whirl. I will admit I have not touched skeletons much in skyrim but i had decent success in oblivion.

@Silvist I'm speechless.Your work and dedication are simply amazing...great job

Just tried it' date='I have nothing but a single complain:my character's eyes revert back to vanilla and his face gets fatter(I'm using the ethereal elven overhaul),can you please fix this if possible?

[/quote']

One solution to your eye problem, while not elegant it does work. To achieve the glowing eyes use the Creation Kit and allow the Vamp eyes to be select-able by the base race of whatever your playing. Since the shift to Vamplord seems to revert you actually to a prevampire appearance. Hence is why your eyes seem to change back to normal.

Now that you have the vampire eyes set as an option for your race. Your will need to change them in your game. By removing vampirsim, then doing a changeracemenu command. Basically whatever you want your vampirelord to look like; it must be present before becoming a vampire. I hope this helps.

On a side note apparently I decided to get off my lazy ass. I am attempting to give merging the skeleton a whirl. I will admit I have not touched skeletons much in skyrim but i had decent success in oblivion.

thanks,I'll keep this in mind,but since I'm using vampiric thirst mod,underworld glowing eyes and several cosmetic mods for my bosmer male it would basically get my game save FUBAR...besides my creation kit version crashes at startup(I think it is because of the steam library,maybe it got corrupted).Maybe the .esp can be edited to set the vampire lord to be just as your normal (vampire) self?the female version does the same thing

@EsperAngel - Hmm, I'll play around with it more. If you don't mind me asking, what race is your character?

Reason I ask, is because the head I chose as a base for the vampire lord, was the nord head. Its the same with the vampire lord female side, I chose the female nord head.

I haven't heard any feed back if the female side, had any similar issues.

Though I don't think there should be any issues, even with custom races who can turn into vampire lords. For instance, the race I used in my screen shots was the lunari elf race.

@EsperAngel - Hmm' date=' I'll play around with it more. If you don't mind me asking, what race is your character?

Reason I ask, is because the head I chose as a base for the vampire lord, was the nord head. Its the same with the vampire lord female side, I chose the female nord head.

I haven't heard any feed back if the female side, had any similar issues.

Though I don't think there should be any issues, even with custom races who can turn into vampire lords. For instance, the race I used in my screen shots was the lunari elf race.

[/quote']

Only issue that pops up head wise is with orcs. Male and Female have a weird jaw glitch. Which is fixed by just setting copied data/morph race to OrcRace. It does bug Harkon though but this isn't much of an issue for me since you only ever see him twice in VL form.

@EsperAngel - Yup I had a feeling you weren't using a human based race. It may not deform if the wood elf head mesh was set, instead of the nord head mesh.

@phreatophile - Yeah I could add the blue wings to the female version.

Though, my original thoughts were to find a complete head/body/hands/feet that's one piece. Since the vampire lord original is one piece, I'm curious how it would work.

The reason I went the way I did, was so you could still recognize your character after the transformation. The only problem with this is what EsperAngel and Lebrum pointed out.

Some races are different, and therefore will have unpredictable results. I'm still thinking of a solution for this. Though one thought comes to mind.

I could make separate vampire lord beast race, for each race. The only problem with this is the scripts for vampire lord. Though it would at least allow each race to function as intended.

>.> The male version seems so much cooler, from everything from the poses/idles, to the wings and art design, with one exception.

I'd swear in some of the screen shots, the yellow is too bright. Looks like crayon T_T and not really 'gold'.

Anyways time to use this version until you upgrade it even more! :D

that would be great...I guess since elfs are rather similar,you'd only needc to make an elven and an orcish edition,not one for each race...though now that I think of it,khajiit and argonians may need some love too!pity that should you play as a cat,Harkon will suddenly become a vampire cat too XD can you use the wood elf meshes from ethereal elven overhaul please?I think they are rather good

@Jimhsu - Awesome news! Well as you can see people here really seem to be loving your wings. So I'm sure everyone would love to see something like that.

I tried to rip the wing bones from the vampire lord skeleton and attach them to the base skyrim skeleton. It seemed to work, but as I'm sure you can tell; the vampire lord wings are like bone flesh poles lol.

Meaning if you use the bones from the vampire lord on the Jimhsu wings, it deforms them badly. I basically skinned the wings in a scene, and then imported a vampire lord animation..and it didn't look good lol.

So I think that the only way to go is the way you've chosen Jimhsu. I look forward to seeing the WIP, and let me know if there's anything I can do for you.

Ok. It sort of works. You can see what I mean by "sorta".

I'm looking for a good rigger/skinner. I'd correct it myself but I simply don't have the time right now.

Attached are my working files for any enterprising modder to finish. I think I have everything necessary in there; just drop it in data after extracting silvist's stuff first. If you have a custom female skeleton, be sure to back that up.

http://www.4shared.com/rar/pH2mBllz/vampirelord_wingsanimtest.html

@Jimhsu - Awesome news! Well as you can see people here really seem to be loving your wings. So I'm sure everyone would love to see something like that.

I tried to rip the wing bones from the vampire lord skeleton and attach them to the base skyrim skeleton. It seemed to work' date=' but as I'm sure you can tell; the vampire lord wings are like bone flesh poles lol.

Meaning if you use the bones from the vampire lord on the Jimhsu wings, it deforms them badly. I basically skinned the wings in a scene, and then imported a vampire lord animation..and it didn't look good lol.

So I think that the only way to go is the way you've chosen Jimhsu. I look forward to seeing the WIP, and let me know if there's anything I can do for you.

[/quote']

skin those wings manually, when was playing skyrim i did same thing with a wings which i ported from Oblivion, didnt look perfect but was good,needed more work on it tho.

Right now there are three ways to fix the problem:

1. Change the skeleton (not advised since I have no idea how to "Havok")

2. Change the mesh and make it smaller

3. Weight points to make the movements less extreme

Flying though is awesomely cool. Probably the best flying solution so far -- just need to get the animation right.

After inspecting the actual .kf file...

Attempt 2. This looks much better IMO but the wings are a bit more rigid. Rigged most of the wing to Wing1 and wingtips to Wing5.

The problem with the animation as is, is that the default wings are small and collapsable. If we try to collapse these wings, we get horrible clipping (hence first video). If we instead rig most everything to the 1st bone from Spine1, we get noncollapsable wings that don't clip. Since Wing5 is a child of Wing1, we're essentially making a single bone connecting the two, hence it works. Wing5 was used to get a bit more "dynamic" movements (see the idle part before flight).

http://www.4shared.com/file/792Qf3yt/wingsanim.html (drop in)

Think I'm satisfied for now but you're welcome to make minor tweaks to weights if you want.

@jimhsu - That's incredible work! I'll make sure to redo this mod so it incorporates the wings. Honestly I couldn't even come close to the smooth animation in the 2nd video. Thanks once again for all your hard work ^^

@jancicc - When you say skin it manually, you mean add the bones, and weight paint it? If that's the case, lol tried but it came out terrible. I need alot more improvement on the area of doing things manually. If it wasn't for 3ds max, skin wrap..I'd be spending alot more time doing mods lol.

@xiondes - Interesting idea, I'll check around for them.