Cyber punk 2077 what is it about???

Outlast1

I watched the preview about this But I wanted to know what this is about? Is it a create your character? Is it going to be like witcher (I like witcher, I just dont want to be another geralt) Customization female synthetic body? (I really hope so) Can any one speculate or shed some light on this subject. I didnt know where else to ask and I thought a Light discussion on what we know from the trailer might illuminate some things.

Thanks to all for posting replies My post on this has been answered. Thank you all again for answering my question :D

You get to go play a merc on runs and also the story revolves around losing your humanity and self-control as you become more machine than man.

Quite literally if its a hard lore version your character will eventually toss his potatoes and go on killing spree to finally meet his or her end in a hail of bullets.

Sanity and memory are both interchangeable over the course of your upgrades.

A common theme of Cyberpunk is that you can be programmed to do very very bad things to people and not remember doing it.

Cyberpunk theme plays heavily to the idea that people would have eventually upgraded themselves with machine parts that look like human parts but....Nah this stuff isn't geneware or bio-tech....Its all plastics and metal.

Cyberpunk was written well before a lot of news was out about gene's and DNA stuff.

Its all about man becoming a machine not some genetic grown biofirmware guy like in current Shadowrun.

You get to go play a merc on runs and also the story revolves around losing your humanity and self-control as you become more machine than man.

Quite literally if its a hard lore version your character will eventually toss his potatoes and go on killing spree to finally meet his or her end in a hail of bullets.

Sanity and memory are both interchangeable over the course of your upgrades.

A common theme of Cyberpunk is that you can be programmed to do very very bad things to people and not remember doing it.

Cyberpunk theme plays heavily to the idea that people would have eventually upgraded themselves with machine parts that look like human parts but....Nah this stuff isn't geneware or bio-tech....Its all plastics and metal.

Cyberpunk was written well before a lot of news was out about gene's and DNA stuff.

Its all about man becoming a machine not some genetic grown biofirmware guy like in current Shadowrun.

Aw ok I see that sounds very intriguing well hopefully this game brings justice to it when it is released.

Time to make my first post.

Cyberpunk 2077 is CD Projekt Red's attempt at something else than their main Witcher series that from what I have heard might or might not be coming to a conclusion. In some interviews and hushes it has been said that it's a spiritual successor to Cyberpunk 2020.

Story wise very, little has been made apparent besides the fact that your character is a newbie joining a specialized police force made specifically for combating threats that have any relation to Synthetics/Cybernethics/Androids/Enhanced Humans or specifically not Humans.

If you look into Cyberpunk onto the internet you will get a bigger picture of where the game might be set and what to expect but given it's made by CD Projekt Red... it's going to be a sweet, sweet piece of candy.

That's what I have gathered on the game at least.

Time to make my first post.

Cyberpunk 2077 is CD Projekt Red's attempt at something else than their main Witcher series that from what I have heard might or might not be coming to a conclusion. In some interviews and hushes it has been said that it's a spiritual successor to Cyberpunk 2020.

Story wise very, little has been made apparent besides the fact that your character is a newbie joining a specialized police force made specifically for combating threats that have any relation to Synthetics/Cybernethics/Androids/Enhanced Humans or specifically not Humans.

If you look into Cyberpunk onto the internet you will get a bigger picture of where the game might be set and what to expect but given it's made by CD Projekt Red... it's going to be a sweet, sweet piece of candy.

That's what I have gathered on the game at least.

Yea I have been doing some digging around and asking questions I got the same thing you did. More details will probably be released later on. But from the trailer and what everyone here is speculating on I guess that you might be able to generate a character and how or what it is albeit synthetic, cybernetic, enhanced human, or human will determine some function of the game. Dont take this is as fact this is what I am speculating on in terms of some forum posts I have gotten here and from Wiki, along with the trailer. This may be completely off target by a mile. But if so I am very excited about it I love cyber punk themed games, and it looks and reminds me of ghost in the shell which is my all time favorite show. No definite information yet, and i dont expect any till maybe later next year or so.

Give a shot at William Gibson's Neuromancer and, if you enjoy it, the Sprawl Trilogy. It's awesome, and it'll depict you the best atmosphere you can ever feel about the distopian future that the cyberpunk genre is. The guy practically created it, he's a symbol to the futuristic fantasy. Both Cyberpunk 2020 and Shadowrun were hugely influenced by his works.

Despite the fact that it was written in the early 80's and some stuff sounds outdated, you will find out that most, if not almost all, of the stuff in the books does not. Our society is still faithful to the tracks that Gibson's Sprawl Trilogy predicted. So it's worth a shot to get you excited to wait for Project Red's game.

Have fun.

Give a shot at William Gibson's Neuromancer and, if you enjoy it, the Sprawl Trilogy. It's awesome, and it'll depict you the best atmosphere you can ever feel about the distopian future that the cyberpunk genre is. The guy practically created it, he's a symbol to the futuristic fantasy. Both Cyberpunk 2020 and Shadowrun were hugely influenced by his works.

Despite the fact that it was written in the early 80's and some stuff sounds outdated, you will find out that most, if not almost all, of the stuff in the books does not. Our society is still faithful to the tracks that Gibson's Sprawl Trilogy predicted. So it's worth a shot to get you excited to wait for Project Red's game.

Have fun.

Ill go take a looksy I love this stuff. Thanks for the Suggestion.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

Let's assume for a moment that it's legit, or in other words this is indeed the CC screen for the game. Do you think this is any good? I may be wrong, but since it uses "Handle" instead of "Name", this was presumably made for an MMO type of game in mind.

Let's assume for a moment that it's legit, or in other words this is indeed the CC screen for the game. Do you think this is any good? I may be wrong, but since it uses "Handle" instead of "Name", this was presumably made for an MMO type of game in mind.

Yes it looks like it, thats why it makes it even more fake. Considering they never did a UI that wasn't utterly disaster clusterfuck.

Nah I am pretty sure its fake but unlike the witcher 3 they are not bound to the story of Geralt and they made some gameplay chances to play as Ciri so I don't think its too far-fetched that we can make customizable characters. 

Making a hot cyberpunk girl cop sounds really, really appealing, besides the Witcher 3 models were just gorgeous. Its only logical they will be even more so in 2018-2020 projected release date.

As I said, I cannot confirm or deny, since there is no source for the image in any image search I've checked.But also remember that Witcher 3 concept arts leaked  around one year before the launch.

Also CDProjekt got government funding to work on multiplayer technology, so Cyberpunk may have MP elements/gameplay.

Witcher-3-Triss-concept-art.png

That image could be just something they showed to investors/shareholders in secret.Maybe it wont even get used... who knows.

If anyone knows the source for that anywhere feel free to share.So we can clear this out.

As I said, I cannot confirm or deny, since there is no source for the image in any image search I've checked.But also remember that Witcher 3 concept arts leaked  around one year before the launch.

Also CDProjekt got government funding to work on multiplayer technology, so Cyberpunk may have MP elements/gameplay.

Witcher-3-Triss-concept-art.png

That image could be just something they showed to investors/shareholders in secret.Maybe it wont even get used... who knows.

If anyone knows the source for that anywhere feel free to share.So we can clear this out.

Last weekend, the Secret Witness 3: Wild Hunt came to the public. The information comes from an apparently hacked Google Drive account from a developer.

http://5images.cgames.de/images/idgwpgsgp/bdb/2489698/bigimage.jpg

I hope you understand a little German.  ;)

http://www.gamestar.de/spiele/the-witcher-3-wild-hunt/news/witcher_3_wild_hunt,49062,3057164.html

Here a few more pictures

Well, let's hope that the girls of Cyberpunk will be as hot as the ones in TW3, otherwise I personally don't see much of a reason to invest any time or money into it, especially if it turns out to be an MMORPG with an obnoxious community.

If the image was indeed a legit screenshot from the game, I'd say that it was fairly decent for 2017, but who knows when they will release the actual game...

@Kargrin: No worries, at least you've given us something to talk about. ;)

Archived