Monster Girl Blockhead Edition

puddles

If the footfemale.dds which is the texture file for the upper and lower body meshes has been altered to make gloss work will gloss all body meshes using the mesh that has had it's glossiness float altered.

How many bodies come with blockhead? Is it like setbody? If it is like setbody or uses the setbody mod then you would have to go through each body folder and drag and drop all of the nifs onto the gloss max screen to gloss whole folders at one time you will also have to do this with outfit and armors because when you wear a armor/outfit it will use the body inside the armor/outfit instead of your players body.

Blockhead has no additional bodies by default, but it lets the engine 'override' nif/dds files on startup per race/NPC. So if I wanted to give the Kothringi a shiny body, I'd need to make a copy of the default nifs to override and alter each of them...a lot of work. I already got an acceptable coloration without altering it, I think, so that's not necessary. I'm glad, since overriding the UpperBody might conflict with SetBody. >_>

Updated to v1.03. Finished with the Kothringi, probably. Naga have been renamed Tsaesci, because apparently TES's Naga are snake-like Argonians with -feet-. Tsaesci are at least still vaguely described as snakes sometimes. Probably requires a Bashed Patch recompile if you have MG's Races imported into it, because the BodyAssetOverrides won't register if the patch comes after the MG esp and still has them named Naga. Sorry!

Got my new laptop, and v1.04 is up. I had a few unexplained issues with the Centaur horse-body not taking right and getting smeared that -seem- to have corrected themselves before I made the patch, but something could get weird still. Removed a lot of bloat-nodes from the Ageha parts that should make them a little smoother in-game...hopefully. Or they might have stopped working and be unanimated. We'll see once I get everything setup enough to playtest.

So, now that I've had a chance to play on the new laptop I've noticed a few issues. Falmer being stretched to infinity and beyond, among them. Working on it. >_> Gorgon look less ugly, too. Still working on making the Maormer not sound like...how they sound. AKA dying animals.

Tweaking some things, too. The Sovngardens are currently a bit too curpstomp-happy. Still not sure how to address the BodyAssetOverrides folder's contents just...sometimes not sticking. I literally fixed one of them by deleting and undeleting the file.

I'd like to just make a menu option in-game to remove/add the gore-y NPCs from the leveled list, but I don't know if that's possible. Release-able captives aren't being removed. I think I already removed the worst of it by converting the ghouls to Kothringi, because I was sick of seeing rotted boobs without a head groaning at me in dungeons. >_> 

SPEAKING OF LEVELED LISTS, IF YOU USE WYRE BASH YOU HAVE TO TAG Monster Girl Blockhead Edition as a RELVL mod, so it will add it to the patch's combined Lvl'd List. Otherwise only the pre-placed monsters will appear, and there aren't many of those.

v1.05 is up. Captives are far more unique, added a new NPC to the leveled list...fixed Falmer stretching weird. I hope I didn't break anything, mostly. Please post any and all bugs, no matter how minor they might seem!

Haven't forgotten about this, just kind of trying to figure out where to go with it next. More enemies? Finish Blockhead-izing things? Add/refine dialogues? Add companion-able NPCs? Work on Falmer-izing their combat voices? If anyone has any suggestions, please throw some inspiration my way!

Haven't forgotten about this, just kind of trying to figure out where to go with it next. More enemies? Finish Blockhead-izing things? Add/refine dialogues? Add companion-able NPCs? Work on Falmer-izing their combat voices? If anyone has any suggestions, please throw some inspiration my way!

Finishing blockheading things would be the first step. Although I'd love to have one of the cow women as a companion.

The cow women bit is easy; I'll set a couple of the NPCs at the Minotaur Village west of Chorrol to be persistent so they can be used with MCS stuff. Anymore than that is a bit beyond me atm. I'll work on finishing up the Blockhead stuff yeah.

Set a couple cow women (Wetnurses of Morihaus in-game) in the Minotaur Village to be persistent so they won't despawn and can follow you to different cells with the appropriate mods. Found an annoying incompatibility with AutoSetBody from SetBody Reloaded that's been causing the issue with the right parts just...not loading. Turns out they were loading but got overridden by the PerNPC asset. So...what I've done is used the bottom "CustomRace" of the AutoSetBody.ini as just a blank, so (hopefully) it won't override the monster parts. I'll paste the necessary adjustment in the first post when everything's settled. Sorry!

Satyrs (both the Sheeple and Goats) are done. Lion Centaur is done. That leaves Werewolves, Supermutants, and how much I want to blockheadize Spriggans. Probably expect a new version tonight.

...finally got around to a wtf huge overall on the Aedric Messengers. All of them are pretty unique at this point and have equipment/a name associated with an aspect of one of the Nine Divines. Not quite done with it, but it's pretty concrete. Will upload the new version tomorrow. Werewolves are done, although not as well as I'd like. Supermutants...not sure how to do them, since all of their body parts are covered in armor. Will see. 

Version 1.06 is up! Probably need to rebuild your Wyre Bash patch. If you use the SetBody Reloaded's AutoSetBody.ini, you need to:

Fill the quotation marks at the end of set aaaAutoSetBodyQuest.Race09 to sv_Construct near the bottom of the .ini with: Satyr|Centaur|Morihaus|Gorgon|Ka Po'Tun|Meridian|Naga|Namiran|Sload|Spider|Tsaesci|Molag Bal|Werewolf

And...

Replace Race 09 Body Styles' entry at the bottom of the .ini with this:

SetStage aaaAutoSetBodyIni 0

This is to keep it from Blockheading per NPC over the Blockheading per race, which fucks up the above races' unique bodies. I might go through and fix it so the upper bodies can still be variable...eventually.

Werewolves and Lion Centaurs are Blockhead-ized. New angels. Previous angels have been overhauled: not done with'em yet! Named Aedric Messengers are now persistent, so they can be made into followers via MCS if you find them. Check the churches of various gods, or their Wayshrines in Kyn's case. Cows in Minotaur Village are persistent to be companions, too.

Big thanks to FusRoDah for finding a CTD I left in Tiper Septim inn from being a derp. v1.061 is up for download if you downloaded 1.06 and are crashing on entry and/or seeing the headless, skinny nightmare fuel Minotaurs. .__.

I don't have much knowledge of setting up NPC AIs, sadly. Otherwise I could do something along those lines. I suppose I could make a copy of some vanilla NPCs and just change their race while preserving their AIs.

v1.07 is up. Has some new stuff, including the first (really short and simple) playable quest. Mostly just a test at this point.

If you want to search for 'Essential' monster girls who can be used for companions, don't read below! If you don't want to search, I have them all listed here...I think, mostly. Recruitment requires Mad Companion Spell or something similar, since I don't use CM and find it clunky.

!!! SPOILERS !!!

Clover is in the Anvil Chapel Hall (coc AnvilChapelHall), recruitment dialogue

Two powerful NPCs, one a Daedra and another an Aedra, are in the Anvil Chapel but (don't make much sense without NotN installed. (coc AnvilChapelofDibella)

Minotaur Village on the map has some cows available

Two Aedra in the Chapel of Arkay (coc CheydinhalChapelOfArkay)

One Aedra fighting the respawning werewolf in the Chorrol Undercroft (coc ChorrolChapelUndercroft)

One of the Worshippers in the Temple of the One in the IC and one biiig Aedric Messenger/shopkeeper (coc ICTempleDistrictTempleOfTheOne)

One Aedra in the ruined Chapel of Akatosh in Kvatch (coc KvatchChapelofAkatosh)

One Xivilai appears upon closing the Great Gate of Kvatch with partial dialogues, if you've already closed the gate you can coc to kvatchStrongHold and then use the console for setstage MGXivilaiCompanion 5 to make her appear as normal.

Probably missed a few.

I'm glad to see someone actually cleaning up Emily's mess, I was really looking forward to it, the idea of monster girls in oblivion.

However when Emily became KIA and the mod went to being just one giant bundled mess I was pretty sad and just didn't bother with it since I lack experience in the sort of large scale modding skill that would be required to make a clean install without breaking (too) much of the mod and oblivion itself.

Glad to see someone put the effort, you have my gratitude.

Also is there a mirror download link to do playtesting? Or will there be one soon?

• 8 months later...
  • 7 months later...

hey, im having this issue where when i get within 100 feet of the shrine out by anvil the game crashes. IDK whats near it now, but i do remember from the old MG mod that there was most of the time a spirit wisp thing and i think a dying valkyr.  

i also noticed a few other things:

-the wings on the dragoons are shooting off to the ends of tamriel and i have no idea why

- are most of the default MGs' stances suppose to be the haunched over one, cause a bunch of the maormer and the follower clover seem to do that. Its weird, because i see a few of them walking like a normal person, but when i make contact with one, they suddenly slouch over.

Archived