Lewd mods and XCOM 2

My compliments to the Barebaremod creator, it looks awesome!

I would love to see a version of Barebaremod that includes some boots with the naked legs, like the boots that come with the short pants from Anarchy's Children. That way you can wear both gloves and boots. Also an optional PG-13 version with a microbikini.

Thanks for the work done!

I would love to see a version of Barebaremod that includes some boots with the naked legs, like the boots that come with the short pants from Anarchy's Children. That way you can wear both gloves and boots. Also an optional PG-13 version with a microbikini.

If we seriously want to use the tattoo layer as a clothing layer for bodysuits, we will need neuter versions of of the bare bottoms and tops at some point. It would look strange otherwise. 

We may end up packaging that seperately, though, so there's a lewd and nonlewd version.

The real issue here isn't the models, as far as I can see. I'm not a modeler, but from my understanding of the tools Firaxis gave us, we can just about do whatever we want insofar as putting in new models for things. We will at some point eventually get a variety of different boots, neuter bottoms, a male version, ect, ect. 

The real issue that I can see is that tattoos use one color. I'm not entirely sure if the stated goal of using a sleeve tat on one arm to wear the bodysuit, and the tattoo slot on the other arm to add a pattern to it, is actually possible. If the bodysuit is a tattoo, then it would end up sharing the same color as the pattern, which means the pattern doesn't exist.

We would either have to mod the game to allow for seperate tattoo colors for each arm, which might be very difficult, or we would have to do what Firaxis did with the Alien Hunter facepaints, and make 'set' paints for the bodysuits that exist independently of the tattoo color. 

The latter seems the most likely to me from looking at how the game works. We would end up sacrificing the freedom of being able to use the color pallet to color our bodysuits, since we would just be able to use whatever preset facepaint bodysuit is in the mod, but that might be the easist and simplest way to manage it.

When I can bend this anus to my whim (heh) it won't take much time to do variants, but at most I think I'll only do modified versions of the armour of the base game.

As for the tattoos, I still have no idea why the body even accepts them, it wasn't on purpose. Tattoos as they are are just masks which.....I think I just worked out how to disable arm tattoos for body and leg only tattoos/a body version which doesn't allow tattoos if you want arms only.

Basically all udk materials call a parent material which you can add/remove different functions of the material (tattoo masks, illumination, shinyness etc) so I just have to make a version that disables the tattoo mask and make a variant of the torso. And in theory...using the alpha channel of the tattoo mask for a second colour? There'd be no way to set the seond colour in game though, that'd have to be added by a ui guy.

Here are the tattoo's i made using the fact the baremod adds them to the body.  All of them have "A" before the name like "A Vee"  I left the base tattoo in the file as you can look at it and see where the various areas of the tattoo show up on the body.  I do not consider this mod complete, but thought I should upload it to get input.

there are a couple things that are interesting to try.  One load the tattoo on both arms, load a different tattoo on each arm.  Also it is not possible to have two colors, but you can have two shades by making the pattern with different shades of the same color.

Note: I did fill in the area between bars 7 and 8 for the picture. SO below is a pic of the base tattoo as seen in Paint and in game.

ASkintightMOD.7z

post-448270-0-70263000-1465656477_thumb.png

post-448270-0-00884200-1465656515_thumb.png

When I can bend this anus to my whim (heh) it won't take much time to do variants, but at most I think I'll only do modified versions of the armour of the base game.

As for the tattoos, I still have no idea why the body even accepts them, it wasn't on purpose. Tattoos as they are are just masks which.....I think I just worked out how to disable arm tattoos for body and leg only tattoos/a body version which doesn't allow tattoos if you want arms only.

Basically all udk materials call a parent material which you can add/remove different functions of the material (tattoo masks, illumination, shinyness etc) so I just have to make a version that disables the tattoo mask and make a variant of the torso. And in theory...using the alpha channel of the tattoo mask for a second colour? There'd be no way to set the seond colour in game though, that'd have to be added by a ui guy.

having tried to make uniforms from the bare mod feature, it would be great to have a second color.  It also would be interesting if the left arm tattoo was for the torso, and the right arm tattoo for the legs.  right now most of the tattoo's I created were made for the torso with the legs having lessor consideration.

the latest DLC added different armor for the left and right arm and they are in the UI.  SO, maybe it is possible to do the same thing for tattoo colors.  

is anyone else having this problem with the modmodmod rar? I checked both the other mods and it only happens when I install that one.

yes, I delete those toons.  did not know it was due to the modmodmod.

yea the last file of modmodmod.rar one puts in a character generator which then makes your chars come out without a body, Even if you tried to change any character's sex to the other it happens. I tried to change it in the ini and even took out both the character and XGCharacterGeneratorMod files in the folder and deleted both the lines in the engine, and modmodmod.ini and tried to change sex again which didn't do anything but once you take it out it goes back to normal (tried it both times with barbar mod in and out of the game on a save that had no mods, didn't try from an actual restart over new save as I don't want to restart over atm). So, I'll put it back in after I get a set amount of soldiers that way I won't care anymore about recruiting new ones for awhile.

Here are the tattoo's i made using the fact the baremod adds them to the body.  All of them have "A" before the name like "A Vee"  I left the base tattoo in the file as you can look at it and see where the various areas of the tattoo show up on the body.  I do not consider this mod complete, but thought I should upload it to get input.

there are a couple things that are interesting to try.  One load the tattoo on both arms, load a different tattoo on each arm.  Also it is not possible to have two colors, but you can have two shades by making the pattern with different shades of the same color.

Note: I did fill in the area between bars 7 and 8 for the picture. SO below is a pic of the base tattoo as seen in Paint and in game.

attachicon.gifASkintightMOD.7z

attachicon.gif268500_20160611073852_1.png

attachicon.gifABasetattoo.png

Cool mod tho the 4th one v looks too much like the 5th one v and the chain tattoo doesn't link up either but its still cool hope you finish it.

post-254606-0-06162800-1465683364_thumb.png

post-254606-0-00882200-1465683401_thumb.png

post-254606-0-40119200-1465683426_thumb.png

I second this. I've played around with the many outfit options on the Workshop and boots would go well with a bunch of things.

I'm still working on my Valkyrie, so I don't know when I'll be done with this 2nd one, but here are a couple screenies:

1. AC short shorts high cargo boots / Resistance Warrior Torso D straps only on torso.

2. AC padded shorts low cargo boots / Shen's vest only on torso.

3. Heavy Powered boots.

4. Upscale Civilian knee high boots.

Holy Moly!

And some updates on the Valkyrie look:

Holy Moly again!

I kinda want to tinker with the modmodmod file, I think I started to work out how to change the chances of the rescues slightly, but I want to figure out how to add more images to it... anyone think they can help me or have a tutorial that shows how?

I kinda want to tinker with the modmodmod file, I think I started to work out how to change the chances of the rescues slightly, but I want to figure out how to add more images to it... anyone think they can help me or have a tutorial that shows how?

I think the read me file says something on how to add images.  I know I read it somewhere, when I opened the mod.

I'm still working on my Valkyrie, so I don't know when I'll be done with this 2nd one, but here are a couple screenies:

1. AC short shorts high cargo boots / Resistance Warrior Torso D straps only on torso.

3. Heavy Powered boots.

Do share, that looks lovely.

I think the read me file says something on how to add images.  I know I read it somewhere, when I opened the mod.

it tells you where to add them, but not how. I have pretty well figured out how to add more text options so it isnt just two different pieces repeating, but I dont know how to add more images, and so far cant seem to find any tutorials or info on how to do it.

3. Heavy Powered boots.

Those look great. Thanks for sharing

Are you considering making these for the shaved versions as well? 

is anyone else having this problem with the modmodmod rar? I checked both the other mods and it only happens when I install that one.

yea the last file of modmodmod.rar one puts in a character generator which then makes your chars come out without a body, Even if you tried to change any character's sex to the other it happens. I tried to change it in the ini and even took out both the character and XGCharacterGeneratorMod files in the folder and deleted both the lines in the engine, and modmodmod.ini and tried to change sex again which didn't do anything but once you take it out it goes back to normal (tried it both times with barbar mod in and out of the game on a save that had no mods, didn't try from an actual restart over new save as I don't want to restart over atm). So, I'll put it back in after I get a set amount of soldiers that way I won't care anymore about recruiting new ones for awhile.

this is part of the reason I want to work on modmodmod, starting to think that starting from the start would be the easiest thing

But.... I have no clue how to code or anything T.T

this is part of the reason I want to work on modmodmod, starting to think that starting from the start would be the easiest thing

I think II fixed it actually since I haven't seen a missing bodied person for a while. I reinstalled the mod the night before yesterday and set the modmodmod.ini to all female = 0 again then went back to the xcomengine.ini and changed the XGCharacterClass  part to Base game class --> +ModClassOverrides=(BasegameClass="BaseGameClass", ModClass="BaseGameClass") and haven't seen one for a while like I said earlier.

Edit: It still makes your body disappear if you try to change sex from one to another.

I think II fixed it actually since I haven't seen a missing bodied person for a while. I reinstalled the mod the night before yesterday and set the modmodmod.ini to all female = 0 again then went back to the xcomengine.ini and changed the XGCharacterClass  part to Base game class --> +ModClassOverrides=(BasegameClass="BaseGameClass", ModClass="BaseGameClass") and haven't seen one for a while like I said earlier.

Edit: It still makes your body disappear if you try to change sex from one to another.

do you still get all female with that fix though?

There is another mod on nexus to make all female.  I also added only females to the character list and set the game to pick only from that list, so i the changes fix modmodmod then there are still ways to get all female.

Edited by CPU
Removed too many inner quotes

There is another mod on nexus to make all female.  I also added only females to the character list and set the game to pick only from that list, so i the changes fix modmodmod then there are still ways to get all female.

that is a good idea didnt think about that... recently discovered a few things about modding and might...might have found a way to add more images to the modmodmod, going to experiment with it

Edited by CPU
Removed too many inner quotes

tried to do these changes, but still getting the floating heads

tried to do these changes, but still getting the floating heads

Did you change the XcomModModMod.ini file all female to --> [ModModMod.XGCharacterGenerator_Mod] AllFemale = 0 and the XcomEngine.ini second line in the ini that says--> [Engine.Engine] +ModClassOverrides=(BaseGameClass="BaseGameClase", ModClass="BaseGameClass") and then wait till new soldiers are generated in the recruit page? The ones that's already in there with missing bodies can't be changed and you can't change one sex to another without that characters body going missing. just save where your currently at do a few missions then recheck to see if your getting both female and male soldiers again because I'm not getting any anymore and I started like not even hallway in the game when I installed that mod (Just bought the game too before I found this forum page) did what I said earlier then reinstalled it (that same day) and then played a few Advent blacksite missions. and now I'm at the part where I'm about to go through the gate portal.

After____v___________________Before__v

post-254606-0-96381700-1466012077_thumb.png

post-254606-0-81754900-1466012085_thumb.png

Where is the mod your talking about? The only one I know of is for xcom 1, I tried google and that's all it showed  me.

So I have good news and bad news:

Good 1: BareBareMod now has pretty much seamless everything, I personally still get mild aliasing on the seams sometimes, may have to do with forced aliasing on my part. Modified some textures and mild mesh editing (and removed leftover textures from the other bodies), but you'll probably not notice. (Sorry Kexx, it's only the legs though, and the last body edit I'll do for a long time) Barebaremod V3.zip

Bad 1: No new body, original new body pretty much broke after trying to fix lighting issues, body 2 was me modifying the base xcom body and adding details.....which allowed me to learn that adding any new vertex by tessellation breaks the tattoo system (and once again no idea why, but the parts which disappear correlate to where the body part is skinned to different bones).

Good 2: BareBareMod now has double copies of each body part (arms/torso/legs), one set allowing tattoos, one set disabling them, the ones that allow are usually higher on the list than the ones that dont. Here's some test tattoos mapped only for torso or legs. mootattats.zip

post-21067-0-82917400-1466014556_thumb.jpgpost-21067-0-64060600-1466015742_thumb.jpgpost-21067-0-93530600-1466014579_thumb.jpg

Btw to anyone doing tattoos, for torso or legs only, it's easier to do the tattoo mapping using the torso or leg textures as a base and work from there.

Bad 2: This system only really allows proper tattoo mapping on either the arms OR torso OR legs, although the old system still works e.g. Arcturus' tattoo mod still works if you choose all the body parts that supports tattoos.

Good 3: After trying and failing to set up some hair (anyone know why all hair I export, even unedited X2 ones from both max and blender, show up in game rotated 90 degrees in 2 directions if any physics assets are applied to them?) physics assets are actually really easy to set up (on creatures anyway, I can set those up fine) and all creature/unit archetypes can have a physics asset attached (body physics).

Bad 3: There doesn't seem to be a slot for physics on body/armour parts, although the helmet slot does, not that it helps much in this case.