FNIS - Error(9): Index was outside the bounds of the array

When I attempt to run FNIS through Mod Organizer, this is what happens:

FNIS Behavior V5.4.1 5/17/2015 10:16:21 AM
Skyrim: 1.9.32.0 - E:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Skyrim\ (Steam)

Skeleton(hkx) female: XPMS2HDT (115 bones) male: XPMS2HDT (115 bones)

ERROR(9): Index was outside the bounds of the array.

I can find no solutions to this problem other than not using MO which I would rather not do.

I get this error frequently on a first run of FNIS after a clean install. It's happened to me since 5.1. The solution I've always found was to just rerun it, without deleting overwrite. Everything seems to work fine after that.

I get this error frequently on a first run of FNIS after a clean install. It's happened to me since 5.1. The solution I've always found was to just rerun it, without deleting overwrite. Everything seems to work fine after that.

Thanks, worked for me.

HELP!!!!

If anyone can provide helpful information (generator output, environment, reproducibility) I would be VERY grateful

As background: FNIS 5.3 had lots of internal changes, many more than appeared from the kind of enhancements it provided. But apparently I was a little careless with avoiding situations that could cause Error(9) out of bounds. There were at least 3 of them

• One sporadic I fixed in 5.3.1
  • One permanent caused by many animations with trigger animation (as in "GetStripped! Again!") was just fixed in 5.4.2
  • One sporadic still seems to linger around

From several posts I can conclude that it happens mostly when users re-installed Skyrim. But you can imagine that this is no option for me.

The ultimate help would be when someone can reproduce error(9) with the following change in GenerateFNIS_for_Users/DebugData.txt:

DebugOutput=4

But beware, that creates a HUGE log file, depending on the number of animations you're gonna add.

Fixed. Happened when you run with the Creature Pack the first time after running it without the Creature Pack before.

Will be fixed in FNIS 5.5 in a week or so.

From several posts I can conclude that it happens mostly when users re-installed Skyrim.

First, thank you for info/help fore. Error 9 message or out of bounderies messge does happening on fresh game install, but also it happens when uninstall/install both FNIS files. Once FNIS is reran, it doesn't show. The matter of fact is that the largest animation mod I have installed is Non SexLab animations by rydin. The second one is More nasty critters. Other animation mods are small. As someone suggested in upper posts it started to happen with FNIS 4.1 version.

• 1 month later...

i am still having this error with 5.5 (fix applied) and rerunning the generator didn´t help. strange thing is it worked just fine for one time, but displayed, that a ´´non fnis file´´ was in my behaviour files (mt_behavour.hkx). i deleted the file and verified the game cache through steam afterwards.

from then on i keep getting error 9 (even after re-adding the .hkx manually back into place).

has this something to do with my manual install or is this just one of those sporadic errors mentioned earlier? 

(btw i am using MO and deinstalling creature pack via the FNIS tool and rerunning it afterwards didn´t help either)

so after some testing, redownloading, installing, uninstalling and a generally speaking busy afternoon i finally got rid of error 9, but instead managed to pick up an error 2012 while passing by. the common solution to just re-update fnis (over and over and over..) doesn´t work in my case and this mod is beginning to drive me nuts. since 3 weeks i´m stuck with trying to fix errors just to end up with new ones.

has ANYONE the slightest idea on what i can do to fix this thing for good?  :( Will gladly send modlist, loadorder etc.

Edit 2: All errors vanished. seems i had installed fnis in the wrong place afterall.

Archived