MOD Request, Playable centaur or horse female

Breastex

I don't know about playable, but it would be awesome to have centaurs added to the game as encounter-able creatures. Big problem though will be, because Bethesda made the foolish decision to combine cuirasses and greaves together, centaurs will not be able to wear any of the game armor. In Oblivion they could have easily been given the cuirasses, gauntlets and even helmets, but in Skyrim they are going to need custom chest plates for EVERY armor in the game.

A centuar follower/ player race sounds like a great idea, but looking at the model from the nexus link it looks so terrible, I'm not an expert or any good at 3d moddeling but wouldn't it be easier for someone to take exsisting hourse models and add in the upper body model of a human race?

I don't know about playable, but it would be awesome to have centaurs added to the game as encounter-able creatures. Big problem though will be, because Bethesda made the foolish decision to combine cuirasses and greaves together, centaurs will not be able to wear any of the game armor. In Oblivion they could have easily been given the cuirasses, gauntlets and even helmets, but in Skyrim they are going to need custom chest plates for EVERY armor in the game.

already fixed here? http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/23173

already fixed here? http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/23173

I think there was even one that added in stuff like pauldrons. Not individually like they were in Morrowind, but Pauldrons nonetheless.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm curretnly working on a centaur mod.  From my research, mine is the only one out there that has both the human and horse body animating.  There are a lot of bugs, mostly that the back half of the horse body distorts something awful.  Here's the media fire link to what I have so far.  And if any of you have ideas as to what I can do to fix the mesh issues, I'm all ears.  https://www.mediafire.com/folder/s7l1wh1dh7hy5/Documents

• 2 weeks later...

Just an update, I'm closer to getting the centaur's rear end to work in game.  To see the update you'll need the new skeleton.nif and mesh.  https://www.mediafire.com/folder/s7l1wh1dh7hy5/Documents Let me know what you think.

OH MY GOD I LOVE YOU. Please continue to work on this oh my goddd. Never ever ever ever ever ever give up I love you this is goinng to be amazing!!!! I wish I could offer some help but sadly I have no talent or knowledge of anything...If you ever complete and release this mod I will definitely donate bc my boyfriend and I have been longing for a playable centaur race forever.

Thank you.  I'm glad you like my alpha stage mod.  I've gotten several things working better, but at the same time, I've gotten even bigger problems.  Either way, if you don't mind having to set the centaur to essiential and turning off the ridable feature, he apparently makes a halfway decent follower.  I've not personally tested that aspect out yet, I want to get the centaurs animating right first. 

Thank you.  I'm glad you like my alpha stage mod.  I've gotten several things working better, but at the same time, I've gotten even bigger problems.  Either way, if you don't mind having to set the centaur to essiential and turning off the ridable feature, he apparently makes a halfway decent follower.  I've not personally tested that aspect out yet, I want to get the centaurs animating right first. 

Will it be a playable race, as well (in the end)? ; A ; Im so exciteedddddd omg

Archived