v6 is up...

Sergius Turrianus might help you with enchanting if you're the Dragonborn.

Urag gro-Shub doesn't care whether you're the Dragonborn or not. Don't. Damage. The. Books.

Generic dykwia dialog for Orc Chieftains, Cosnach, Uthgerd, Rolff, and Benor about brawling... they won't care about you being Dragonborn, but will think twice about brawling with the slayer of Alduin.

NB: If you've killed Alduin, the dykwia line will behave as if you've beaten them at a brawl, so it increases their relationship and counts toward the "thane" quest of the hold.

I dunno if this is your very first mod or not but i have seen you on many mods that have been a fan of too. I really congratulate you for doing this. I myself wouldn't even know how to even start with this (trust me i tried, ended horribly btw ;) ). I really look forward to what else you're gonna do. It's also great you didn't include the bandits in this since what else are you gonna fight if you did lol?

Anyway good luck with it and i'm curious what you're planning next.

The ruffians in the Silver Blood mine might be good candidates for this.

v6 is up...

Urag gro-Shub doesn't care whether you're the Dragonborn or not. Don't. Damage. The. Books.

Generic dykwia dialog for Orc Chieftains, Cosnach, Uthgerd, Rolff, and Benor about brawling... they won't care about you being Dragonborn, but will think twice about brawling with the slayer of Alduin.

NB: If you've killed Alduin, the dykwia line will behave as if you've beaten them at a brawl, so it increases their relationship and counts toward the "thane" quest of the hold.

I can hear Urag now: "I don't care if you're Tiber Septim reincarnated, if you damage my books I'll send you back to Oblivion, or wherever it is that demigods go."

I dunno if this is your very first mod or not but i have seen you on many mods that have been a fan of too. I really congratulate you for doing this. I myself wouldn't even know how to even start with this (trust me i tried, ended horribly btw ;) ). I really look forward to what else you're gonna do. It's also great you didn't include the bandits in this since what else are you gonna fight if you did lol?

Anyway good luck with it and i'm curious what you're planning next.

Thank you so much! It's actually my second mod, the other is in my signature, please check it out and give me more kind words that make me giddy!  :blush:

With Jfraser's blessing, I think the next mod I'm gonna try out is going to be called "What Took You So Long?"  ;)  Not sure if what I have planned will work or not, but I intend to try.

v6 is up...

I can hear Urag now: "I don't care if you're Tiber Septim reincarnated, if you damage my books I'll send you back to Oblivion, or wherever it is that demigods go."

That's actually a way better line than I had (IIRC, something like "doesn't matter, don't damage my books" - simple, easy, boring). I'm stealing it.

EDIT: Actually, and this is not the first time I've noticed this problem in myself, I have a tough time writing that sort of dialog. First found out when I was writing the Proper Ponygirl, and it was damn difficult to write a book from a dominant's perspective.

Are you talking about this?

Yeah, that's a good one... next update. :)

speaking of dumbass sons, can you add a line to that little asshole son of Balgruff's that will keep him from saying the line about another person licking his father's backside? he makes my want to install a kid-killable mod.

speaking of dumbass sons, can you add a line to that little asshole son of Balgruff's that will keep him from saying the line about another person licking his father's backside? he makes my want to install a kid-killable mod.

Ooh... he's another good candidate! Yep!

Thinking of Yarl's sons who ought to know better then there's also one in Riften who needs attention.

Thinking of Yarl's sons who ought to know better then there's also one in Riften who needs attention.

You mean Harrald? He's in v7.

Or... did you mean Hemming? He's a good target, I forgot about him...

In my to-do list for this mod, I list several NPCs I want to look at, but when I got to Riften... let me pull the line directly from my tdl:

Harrald (riften son of jarl)

Actually, there are a lot of arrogant people in Riften that could stand to be taken down a peg or two... Go through individually

Another line from the tdl:

Thieves guild quests are RIFE with opportunities... I'll probably need to go through each of Mercer's lines just for this. And the other TG members too.

Grey beards...

Player: Do you know who I am? I am Dragonborn and I don't have to take crap from old fossils like you.

Grey Beard: [Crippling shout flings the player against the wall] I'm sorry grasshopper... you were saying?

On this, how about something for Delphine's attitude if you refuse to kill Paarthuurnaax?

There is a complete separate mod so you can not piss The Blades off and not kill him but that seems a bit much for someone just being a dick.

Maybe you can arrange it for the PC to sing "Let It Go" at her.

Grey beards...

Player: Do you know who I am? I am Dragonborn and I don't have to take crap from old fossils like you.

Grey Beard: [Crippling shout flings the player against the wall] I'm sorry grasshopper... you were saying?

On this, how about something for Delphine's attitude if you refuse to kill Paarthuurnaax?

There is a complete separate mod so you can not piss The Blades off and not kill him but that seems a bit much for someone just being a dick.

Maybe you can arrange it for the PC to sing "Let It Go" at her.

Jordisslave gets 2 Skyrim points for excellent suggestions.

The vegetable juice is up...

Turns out, Maul is actually kind of a pushover.
Turns out, Maven is absolutely NOT a pushover.
Turns out, Hemming is just a numbskull.
Turns out, Haelga is sort of obsessed with sex. Who knew?
The guard on the jail door may be a bit more accomodating if he knows you're Dragonborn.
Dagny may reference your being dragonborn too.
Nelkir has some relatively complex "hello" substitutions now (based on main quest status, gender, and partially on race).
Delphine will obey your orders about not killing Paarthurnax, but only if you've already killed Alduin.

A lot of the Riften dialogues referenced some variable for their speech for some damn reason. I didn't do the same, because I didn't want to make dozens of single-line scripts just to set a flag that does absolutely nothing.
At least, I hope it does absolutely nothing... let me know if it, I dunno, borks up somebody's speech or something.

Hemming only has dykwia dialog when he's the steward. The rest of his dialog is all "hello" dialog, and there's no good way to add dykwia to him there without making him more perceptive than he really is. So... he still has his comment about you being better suited to adventuring than any real job.

Note that Delphine's comments may conflict with other mods that also alter how Paarthurnax is handled. I haven't looked at how the other mods are structured, so I can't guarantee that there won't be a conflict.
If there is a conflict, whichever mod is lower in the load order will take precedence.

Grey beards...

That's a good idea... I need to figure out how to trigger a shout without triggering combat (the vanilla quest should be helpful, I believe).

I'm thinking:

"I'm the Dragonborn, I don't gotta take no guff from the likes of you, old man."

"Hmm?"

(shout) and (force-greet)

"What was that you said? My old-man ears don't hear so well any more."

The guard who won't let you in without a fee is a candidate, although only if the player doesn't go to riften right away.

Urgh... I knew I forgot something.

I had intended to do him this update. Next update, I swear.

Riften is just freaking full of people who need to learn their place!

Probably a bit late but shouldn't this mod be called "Don't you know who I am?". "Do you know who I am?" sounds like the Dragonborn has had a nasty bump on the head and forgotten who they are. Were as "Don't you know who I am?" would sound like the Dragonborn is about to to go all Jeremy Clarkson on the person they are talking to.

ps

Sounds a great mod and will be installed next time in Skyrimland.

Probably a bit late but shouldn't this mod be called "Don't you know who I am?". "Do you know who I am?" sounds like the Dragonborn has had a nasty bump on the head and forgotten who they are. Were as "Don't you know who I am?" would sound like the Dragonborn is about to to go all Jeremy Clarkson on the person they are talking to.

ps

Sounds a great mod and will be installed next time in Skyrimland.

"Do you know who I am?"

"Uh... you're the Dragonborn."

"Really? That's a relief. Yesterday I belched and blew down a house, I figured it was just bad breath. Good to know."

I wanted "do" instead of "don't" because the Dragonborn is being equally supercilious as the people with whom he's interacting. Jeremy Clarkson isn't far off. :)

Does it take into account character proclivities?

"Do you know who I am?"

"Right you might or might not advice the Jarl on political matters, and your input might or might not be invaluable. However the Jarl was just wearing me as a hat."

(Edit :- actually as this is in Non Adult, I answered my own question).

Does it take into account character proclivities?

"Do you know who I am?"

"Right you might or might not advice the Jarl on political matters, and your input might or might not be invaluable. However the Jarl was just wearing me as a hat."

(Edit :- actually as this is in Non Adult, I answered my own question).

Non-adult, yep. I might eventually make or convert this mod to adult status, but I dunno... it's not really what the mod's about, ya know?

Still... more sex is always good, right?

EDIT: Right now I'm dithering on whether to just add DLC content (i.e.Master Neloth, Mogrul, etc) directly in this mod (making Dragonborn a dependency) or making a separate dykwia-db mod...

At this point, I believe that most people do have Dragonborn, but I should ask... how many people do not have the DLC?