Sexout Intimacy

Hey T, I tried out V4.4.7, and I ran into a bug. It seems when you get busy with an NPC- like a partner or Spouse, it's like the NPC isn't registering that the intimacy is with them and it does virtue checks, and the NPC is registering the act as being unfaithful.

I get this:

:fnSOIChkVirtue:PlayerSex

:fnSOIChkVirtueSexoutNGFinishNow

:fnSOIChkVirtue:Result 4

I've tried it out with a few NPCs to see if it happens each time, and so far it does.

2 hours ago, CherryNebula said:

Hey T, I tried out V4.4.7, and I ran into a bug. It seems when you get busy with an NPC- like a partner or Spouse, it's like the NPC isn't registering that the intimacy is with them and it does virtue checks, and the NPC is registering the act as being unfaithful.

I get this:

:fnSOIChkVirtue:PlayerSex

:fnSOIChkVirtueSexoutNGFinishNow

:fnSOIChkVirtue:Result 4

I've tried it out with a few NPCs to see if it happens each time, and so far it does.

What is the reference in that debug?  It should say Name (Ref):fnSOIEvalVirtue:SexoutNGFinishNow.  And is it the same actor the player is having sex with?

EDIT: I think I see what's up.  Found some other bugs too unrelated.  Will post a fix shortly.

EDITx2: Okay try the new one.

Edited by t3589
On 10/16/2022 at 8:26 AM, dongding said:

Would it be possible to add Equipment Theft as an option if the character gets assaulted?

Theft is already a function, but it does need a little work.  I'll see what I can come up with.

EDIT: Posted to the second post if you want to test it.

Edited by t3589
  • 2 weeks later...

What does actually happen if the NPC flashes up orange?

Is there a like a low % chance that the NPC will engage the player with a topic, or does the orange flash up just indicates that the NPC finds the player attractive? My companion flashes up a lot, but most of the time, nothing happens and I always get the [CASUAL GREETING] topic. He [OFFERED FOOD] once on his own, but that's it. 

Edited by dongding
12 hours ago, dongding said:

What does actually happen if the NPC flashes up orange?

Is there a like a low % chance that the NPC will engage the player with a topic, or does the orange flash up just indicates that the NPC finds the player attractive? My companion flashes up a lot, but most of the time, nothing happens and I always get the [CASUAL GREETING] topic. He [OFFERED FOOD] once on his own, but that's it. 

It's just a debug tool to make sure they're still running through the queue without checking the console.  It indicates the completion of a queue cycle.  It also indicates that reports are enabled.  I turn it off because I hate it, and I wouldn't mind removing it altogether.  'SOI:Sys:Report'

If by companion you mean a player teammate, then that's why nothing happens.  Teammates run on restricted mode.  So they won't do much until you let them off their leash.

Edited by t3589
48 minutes ago, t3589 said:

If by companion you mean a player teammate, then that's why nothing happens.  Teammates run on restricted mode.  So they won't do much until you let them off their leash.

Yes, I meant companions, and how do you do that though? 

Edited by dongding
17 minutes ago, dongding said:

Yes, I meant companions, and how do you do that though? 

Dismiss them.

What I like to do is quest with them, and in the off time I dismiss them to home (Underwater Home Mod).  Sometimes I don't want them living with my character.  I'll interact with them until I get the dialog to invite them to visit.  Then upon occasion they'll pop in for a visit.

Or you can just set them in the console.  "SOI:Rcd:PlayerHome" 1, "SOI:Rcd:Visitor" ;2 = Knock, 3 = Come and go as they please.

EDIT: Visits happen at the top of every game hour.  The PC must be in walk mode (not running).

Edited by t3589
6 hours ago, t3589 said:

It's just a debug tool to make sure they're still running through the queue without checking the console.  It indicates the completion of a queue cycle.  It also indicates that reports are enabled.  I turn it off because I hate it, and I wouldn't mind removing it altogether.  'SOI:Sys:Report'

A few versions ago my followers would interact me with me a lot now they never do, guess that is the reason why.

33 minutes ago, BAB PEEG said:

A few versions ago my followers would interact me with me a lot now they never do, guess that is the reason why.

They will still interact, but certain things can never happen while they are tethered to the PC.  If you're not getting interactions, try walking more.  If the PC is running, the system thinks you're playing the game and will try to stay out of the way.

20 minutes ago, dongding said:

Well, that certainly is interesting to know.

It's in the documentation somewhere.  Probably not as prominent as it should be.  The only NPCs that will interact with the PC while running are gang members.  They will chase you down.  All others (like companions) will leave you alone while you finish that quest.

So walk around, mingle, when you want to interact.  Run when you don't.

Hi t3589, I have several questions that probably had asked before hope you don't mind!

1. Do NPC's interact with each other, meaning NPC opinions regarding PC (Rumors) can be moved around/they can have sex/relationship with each other, why can't they? (this is more of a suggestion really)

2. Why do fetishes must be set manually and not automatically applied on character activation? is there some kind of limitations or is it just a system design choice?

3. How do I set the handset?

4. What is the meaning of life?

Thank you for your time!

10 hours ago, hehehehehe13 said:

Hi t3589, I have several questions that probably had asked before hope you don't mind!

1. Do NPC's interact with each other, meaning NPC opinions regarding PC (Rumors) can be moved around/they can have sex/relationship with each other, why can't they? (this is more of a suggestion really)

2. Why do fetishes must be set manually and not automatically applied on character activation? is there some kind of limitations or is it just a system design choice?

3. How do I set the handset?

4. What is the meaning of life?

Thank you for your time!

1. Yes opinions can be picked up.  Yes they can have sex offscreen, onscreen not yet.  Yes they can have relationships.  Though it is important to note that the player is the conduit for all interactions.

2. Fetishes don't have to be set manually.  They are acquired during post sex dialog.  Mainly due to 'SOI:Mod:Satisfied' and 'SOI:Mod:Uninhibited' being positive.

3. The handset for the player is in the control terminal.  Handsets for NPCs are set automatically (when visiting). 'SOI:Rcd:Handset'

4. Booze.

Edited by t3589
1 hour ago, BAB PEEG said:

Speaking of fetishes, after sex the character says something random like transsexual fetish or cuckold fetish. Also talking about fetishes how do you set them or did I miss something? Is it the orientation tag?

The fetish.txt file in the api directory says you need to set them manually, but that's from before I added them into dialog.

Further, some fetishes require other fetishes before they are automatically acquired.

Spoiler

NX_SetEVFl "SOI:Ftsh:Exhibitionist"
NX_SetEVFl "SOI:Ftsh:InterSpecist"
NX_SetEVFl "SOI:Ftsh:Transsexual"
NX_SetEVFl "SOI:Ftsh:Submissive"
NX_SetEVFl "SOI:Ftsh:Underwear"
NX_SetEVFl "SOI:Ftsh:Masochist"
NX_SetEVFl "SOI:Ftsh:Dominant"
NX_SetEVFl "SOI:Ftsh:Pregnant"
NX_SetEVFl "SOI:Ftsh:Younger"
NX_SetEVFl "SOI:Ftsh:Cuckold"
NX_SetEVFl "SOI:Ftsh:Upskirt"
NX_SetEVFl "SOI:Ftsh:Pegging"
NX_SetEVFl "SOI:Ftsh:Voyeur"
NX_SetEVFl "SOI:Ftsh:Sadist"
NX_SetEVFl "SOI:Ftsh:Tease"
NX_SetEVFl "SOI:Ftsh:Group"
NX_SetEVFl "SOI:Ftsh:Kinky"
NX_SetEVFl "SOI:Ftsh:Older"
NX_SetEVFl "SOI:Ftsh:Feet"
NX_SetEVFl "SOI:Ftsh:Milf"
NX_SetEVFl "SOI:Ftsh:Fat"

Edited by t3589
35 minutes ago, BAB PEEG said:

Oh ok, yeah after my daughter of ares had a good time with Trudy she said transsexual fetish, which would be nice if I had equipment down there.

You can play as a trans.  Also the fetishes they develop are based on their own proclivities and stats, not the players.

Could it be that those orange and blue flashes are somehow manipulating NPC animations? Or Intimacy in general? Or are there any incompatibilties with skeleton models?

I have been testing out Intimacy with a bigger scope of NPC's in a same cell now (10+), and there are some things I noticed, which I haven't noticed before with only one or two NPCs activated. 

Mainly, NPC models are sometimes, only when being further away from them, completely freaking out (their limbs are going all over the place) or falling apart, and you can hear constant ragdoll sounds. The skeleton/animation becomes normal again if you get closer to the NPC, but I have a feeling that this could lead to all sorts of problems when Sexout is doing something with the character while I am not close to them.

Secondly, NPC's that were close to me are "dropping" their weapons when loading a game. Dropping in quotations marks, because the NPC's still have their weapon in the inventory, but the weapon is deattached from the actual NPC. As soon as you talk with them, the 3D model returns to the owner.

Sometimes, Intimacy is also telling me that a threeway animation is starting, but only two NPC's, me and the other guy, are available. 

This only happens with enabled NPC's, and I do wonder what is causing this. 

Edited by dongding
5 hours ago, dongding said:

Could it be that those orange and blue flashes are somehow manipulating NPC animations? Or Intimacy in general? Or are there any incompatibilties with skeleton models?

I have been testing out Intimacy with a bigger scope of NPC's in a same cell now (10+), and there are some things I noticed, which I haven't noticed before with only one or two NPCs activated. 

Mainly, NPC models are sometimes, only when being further away from them, completely freaking out (their limbs are going all over the place) or falling apart, and you can hear constant ragdoll sounds. The skeleton/animation becomes normal again if you get closer to the NPC, but I have a feeling that this could lead to all sorts of problems when Sexout is doing something with the character while I am not close to them.

Secondly, NPC's that were close to me are "dropping" their weapons when loading a game. Dropping in quotations marks, because the NPC's still have their weapon in the inventory, but the weapon is deattached from the actual NPC. As soon as you talk with them, the 3D model returns to the owner.

Sometimes, Intimacy is also telling me that a threeway animation is starting, but only two NPC's, me and the other guy, are available. 

This only happens with enabled NPC's, and I do wonder what is causing this. 

It doesn't happen early game.  It's based on distance.  Get out of range and they turn into a puddle?  Turn the camera so you can't see them and they flatten?  It's what makes them drop their weapons.  I have no clue what causes it, but I know how to fix it.  Resurrect the actor.

I believe it to be an xNVSE bug.  What version do you have installed?

I'll post a copy with the FX disabled to the second post if you want to try that.