Devious Devices - For the Masses v3.04 - Files removed

That looks awesome!

I've been playing with this mod in my game for a while now, and it's cool. I get odd messages like "can't insert those plugs while x is wearing the belt" or some such. They're said from first-person, even though NPCs are doing these things. Is this being looked at? I think I even get the devices in my inventory when they can't be used, because a lot of the time I become over weight and have to find where the extra pounds came from.

Also, would it be possible to add NPCs putting devices on my character as a result of either a random scene (or is this more a domain of DD: integration?) or at the end of rape/defeat? Or, is that also more appropriate for the defeat/surrender mods to add?

Because, I find that my own character hasn't been tempted to slip any of the devices on voluntarily, even though she's found quite a few. So, something forced/random would be interesting. Also, I haven't gotten around to starting the main quests involving the book (since I've yet to gain entry to the mage school). So, maybe this idea is already well catered for...

Well, I look forward to the new version. Thanks.

For the messages, turn off the NPC comments in the MCM menu for Devious Devices. As for having NPC's put belts on players Min, Zadil and I are working on a mod that will do something like that. As for a reason to use the belts voluntarily I find that if you have one of the pregnancy mods it is a great way to keep from getting pregnant.

Hmm. I thought I fixed the requiremebt of having to disable npc messages, when I added the IsMenuOpen checks to differentiate between voluntary equips initiated by the player, and involuntary equips initiated by your add-on / quests. Will test later when I have time.

I've run into reoccuring messages as well, when a new area loads.  Furthermore certain characters are unable to wear the belt, or so it tells me, and it dumps it into my inventory.  :P

That looks awesome!

I've been playing with this mod in my game for a while now, and it's cool. I get odd messages like "can't insert those plugs while x is wearing the belt" or some such. They're said from first-person, even though NPCs are doing these things. Is this being looked at? I think I even get the devices in my inventory when they can't be used, because a lot of the time I become over weight and have to find where the extra pounds came from.

Also, would it be possible to add NPCs putting devices on my character as a result of either a random scene (or is this more a domain of DD: integration?) or at the end of rape/defeat? Or, is that also more appropriate for the defeat/surrender mods to add?

Because, I find that my own character hasn't been tempted to slip any of the devices on voluntarily, even though she's found quite a few. So, something forced/random would be interesting. Also, I haven't gotten around to starting the main quests involving the book (since I've yet to gain entry to the mage school). So, maybe this idea is already well catered for...

Well, I look forward to the new version. Thanks.

For the messages, turn off the NPC comments in the MCM menu for Devious Devices. As for having NPC's put belts on players Min, Zadil and I are working on a mod that will do something like that. As for a reason to use the belts voluntarily I find that if you have one of the pregnancy mods it is a great way to keep from getting pregnant.

Hmm. I thought I fixed the requiremebt of having to disable npc messages, when I added the IsMenuOpen checks to differentiate between voluntary equips initiated by the player, and involuntary equips initiated by your add-on / quests. Will test later when I have time.

I've run into reoccuring messages as well, when a new area loads.  Furthermore certain characters are unable to wear the belt, or so it tells me, and it dumps it into my inventory.   :P

Alright, just disable NPC messages for the time being. And yeah, when I added NPC support, I introduced that problem. I'll add in a check to delete duplicates added by For the Masses, rather than dump them back in to the player's inventory (Which, while being desirable behavior elsewhere, certainly isn't here).

Some updates on things

More details on the store first:

There are three merchants: the Master sells the Chastity devices and restraints, an Assistant sells armor and weapons and the other Assistant sells Jewelery. There are 6 models that have several outfits (just different restraint sets currently) that are bound in various ways around the shop during the day.

There are 6 display cases with various items and several small scale display models of torture devices around. The interior and exterior are navmeshed. All npc's have a schedule and a place to sleep.

I have not added any items beyond those that are in the Devious Devices or ZAZ Animation Pack. There are quite a few armor/clothing/jewelery mods that use different bodies and since the belts are available for 3 different bodies it would be difficult to include them with the mod. What I am looking to do is to either make some modified esp's of mods to add them to outfits and merchants or make a merge patch for different mods that can be put into a bashed patch in Wyre Bash or merged with TES5Edit. There are several jewelery and a few armor sets I am looking at making patches for but does anyone have any requests? If so leave a link to where it can be found and I will see what I can do, I am always interested in more things to stuff in my game.

Pics:

Exterior

post-101267-0-34215500-1386217482_thumb.jpg

Interior

post-101267-0-74779800-1386217483_thumb.jpgpost-101267-0-71708100-1386217484_thumb.jpgpost-101267-0-67943900-1386217485_thumb.jpgpost-101267-0-64068700-1386217486_thumb.jpg

Displays

post-101267-0-57960200-1386217487_thumb.jpgpost-101267-0-47696200-1386217488_thumb.jpgpost-101267-0-43611700-1386217489_thumb.jpgpost-101267-0-32577800-1386217490_thumb.jpg

Yes, there is an armbinder in there from Zadil.  ;)

I have a few things to finish up before releasing but should be soon.

I have reworked the chances of finding keys and depending on your luck you can find them from the very start of the game. Lowest level enemies have 1 chance to have a key where level 25 enemies have 6 chances to have keys (8% for each chance) so a higher level enemy can have several keys. I started a new game to see how quickly they appear and I found 3 keys by level 5 but only 1 worked.

I believe Min is working on fixing the replication issue as well.

I am pretty much finished tweaking the key drop rates, will be between 3% and 8% (higher level enemies have better chance of having keys). Keys can also show up in dressers and some other furniture as well. Min is working on fixing the messages and duplication issues as well.

I am also nearing completion of the shop - Captured Dreams. It will be a separate file from the For the Masses esp. I have worked out how to use a merge patch with Wyre Bash (or TES5Edit) to add items from other mods so NPC's can wear and sell items from those mods. Each NPC type can end up having up to 26 outfits and will change them from time to time.

More teaser pics:

post-101267-0-13435800-1386393805_thumb.jpgpost-101267-0-22969900-1386393804_thumb.jpg

(thanks go to Zadil for the sign)

I've never used Bashed Patches, and in fact am not really sure when you would need/want to use one.  Are there advantages, or a source that explains them better?  I've never been able to find anything.

The shop continues to look great!  Will it be launching with the next For the Masses update?  

Also-- are those catsuits in your pictures from Shiny Rubber Catsuits?

I've never used Bashed Patches, and in fact am not really sure when you would need/want to use one.  Are there advantages, or a source that explains them better?  I've never been able to find anything.

The shop continues to look great!  Will it be launching with the next For the Masses update?  

Also-- are those catsuits in your pictures from Shiny Rubber Catsuits?

This page is what I have been using for information on Wyre Bash: http://wryemusings.com/Wrye%20Bash.html#BashTags. There are a number of utilities included in it but building the patch is easy and for the most part automatic. If you use a number of mods that add items to the world you really need to use it. The merge patches I am making don't need activated just placed in the data folder and when the bashed patch is made it will automatically merge them into it (I have about 20 merged currently). There are a number of resources around and I am willing to help with what I know.

Yes, the shop will be launching with the next update. I am not sure if Zadil will have the armbinder ready as he had a few things to get together first but I do have a display of it in the shop (display only at this point) and will be sold there once it is ready.

Yes, the catsuits are from Shiny Rubber Catsuits. I have made patches for 7 mods so far and look to make more. If there are any mods you would like to see a patch made for let me know. I am looking for any type of erotic jewelry, fetishwear (or anything sexy) or any elegant dresses and such (Master needs to be well dressed).

I do hope that the armbinder will be publicly available till then. The cbbe model and textures are all done but there are still some body conversion and animation issues to take care of, so it's impossible to say at this point.

The new version has been released but is just the random distribution. I am nearly finished with the store and will be making a separate download and thread for it.

The new version will give you a chance to find keys sooner and in more places. Min has a patch that fixes the messages and duplication of items and I recommend you install it.

How about this, only edit the leveled lists and outfits that add them to bandits, forsworn and such (basically generic NPCs) leaving normal citizens, important NPCs and guards alone. I can see how it's a bit problematic/weird/hillarious with them popping up on important NPCs.

How about this, only edit the leveled lists and outfits that add them to bandits, forsworn and such (basically generic NPCs) leaving normal citizens, important NPCs and guards alone. I can see how it's a bit problematic/weird/hillarious with them popping up on important NPCs.

I can do that, it is an easy edit. I will put it up soon.

Hi, would it be possible for couples to remove their devices when they have sex, if they have the key?

I'm thinking about Lovers Comfort, where married couples often have sex then they go to bed. I haven't witnessed any since I started playing with the DD mods, but it occurs to be that those animations might have stopped because... one or both have been locked away.

But, I do like the idea of women wearing chastity devices out and about. So... any way for them to figure out how to remove the belts at bed time? Or is this best done via Lovers Comfort, an override or something?

Also, I see you put up a screenshot of TES5Edit, but what figure do you change? Is it currently set at 75% chance?

Edit: oh yeah, and it it'd be funny to be able to steal keys from people, thereby locking them away forever. Is that currently possible? So, after dark, when NPCs usually lock their doors, I'd like it if they removed their devices, if they're able to. Would scheduling like that be possible?

Edit2: and yeah, since I like randomness, what about if it was only a chance they get removed?

Hi, would it be possible for couples to remove their devices when they have sex, if they have the key?

I'm thinking about Lovers Comfort, where married couples often have sex then they go to bed. I haven't witnessed any since I started playing with the DD mods, but it occurs to be that those animations might have stopped because... one or both have been locked away.

But, I do like the idea of women wearing chastity devices out and about. So... any way for them to figure out how to remove the belts at bed time? Or is this best done via Lovers Comfort, an override or something?

Also, I see you put up a screenshot of TES5Edit, but what figure do you change? Is it currently set at 75% chance?

Edit: oh yeah, and it it'd be funny to be able to steal keys from people, thereby locking them away forever. Is that currently possible? So, after dark, when NPCs usually lock their doors, I'd like it if they removed their devices, if they're able to. Would scheduling like that be possible?

Edit2: and yeah, since I like randomness, what about if it was only a chance they get removed?

The removal during sex would have to be done by Lovers Comfort since that is what triggers the scene.

To change the percentage chance for someone to have a belt you would change the location highlighted (the 75% shown). The value there is the chance to NOT have a device so basically 75% of the time they will not have one. 

To control when they would remove or put on a belt intentionally (take off at night and put on in morning) would require at least a rewrite of the AI packages and possible a script to deal with the belts locking scripts. As it is the belts are added to outfit lists which is rather unforgiving and automatic. Every so often the NPC will reset (about 10 days is standard) and their inventory will reset which is why giving followers different outfits is such a hassle to do in game.

It may be more feasible to make someone like a spouse AI aware of a belt and be able to remove and put it on through added dialogue. I will do some playing with it and see what is possible.

Cool. It was just a random thought I had when I was considering what play I'd seen, and how belts may affect it.

But, rather than give them all new behavior surrounding their devices, it might just be easier for individual mods to bypass the belts, with the assumption that if they are a couple, then they would inherently have keys for themselves. So, I might run off and ask about that on the Lovers Comfort thread.

The bedtime antics from Lovers Comfort should still be occurring, simply with an animation replacement (Oral instead of sexual, or masturbatory if that isn't possible for whatever reason).

Hmm. I could modify the filter to check for "Is an NPC", and "Has the key". If both are true, remove the belt from actors in this scene, and reequip when sex is over. Potential issues? Player could leave the area before sex is finished, thus leading to the belt not reequipping. Couple other potential issues too. Package-stack modification maybe a better approach? That has it's own problems too, though. If this feature is in demand I'll think about adding it, if not I'm probably not going to bother with the added complexity.

I'm not sure what package-stacking is, but anyway...

I view "For the Masses" like this: many people throughout Skyrim have taken to putting on chastity belts as a method to thwart the upswing in violent sexual attacks that have been happening. Married women have taken to wearing them when they venture out, even noble women wear them... more as a status symbol, but more practically when on long over-land journeys (nb I actually found one like this, going to deliver riches for the wedding in the capital. I killed and robbed her).

So, if it's like this, then it makes sense that they would be able to unlock themselves, and it might make sense that their partners hold that key, and it only becomes possible when they're both together. I could kill or pickpocket the husband, and then perhaps I could remove the belt from the wife. This is the kind of play I'd really like to be able to do, I think.

Right now, I'm thinking I'll be making the drop rates for these devices very scarce, just because of the restriction they have on general play. If I encounter one or two every so often, then it's neat to see, but I can move on and do other things. But, if the play were more open, then there might be things to do with these characters even if they come with belts.

But, I'm easy. If there isn't demand then basic is good.

Are there other situations (with mods) that might benefit from this?

I use a number of SexLab mods where the belt ends up coming into play: Random Attack, Defeat, Hentai Pregnancy (for NPC's) and Procreation (for myself). For roleplay I will typically put a belt on my character while adventuring to keep her from getting pregnant (especially since I set it that she is rather fertile).

As for how often you see a belt the common percentage is 20% on the latest version. while testing it seemed that at 25% they were all over the place and 15% they were very rare, I think that Skyrim sucks at generating random numbers.

If you want to change the chances of them appearing here is what does what:

vel_ChastitySet1 through 5 (currently 20%) - Belt sets that appear in the loot (not worn) of combat type NPC's (bandits and such) - higher level sets appear on higher level enemies and higher level enemies (level 25) may have any of the sets

vel_ChastityListx_Poor (currently 25%) - belts that show on the poorer NPC's (beggars, miners, farmers and such)

vel_ChastityListX_Common (currently 20%) - belts that show on typical civilian NPC's (townsfolk, merchants and such) there are 2 different sets they may have

vel_ChastityListX_Rich (currently 20%) - belts that show on the rich NPC's (nobles or even jarls) there are 2 different sets they may have

vel_ChastityListX_setleveled (currently 20%) - belt sets that are worn by combat NPC types, similar setup as the vel_Chastitysets

vel_ChastityKeys(level) - the chance for keys to appear. There are chances at NPC levels 1,5,9,14,19 and 25 - a level 1 npc has 1 chance to have a key (at 4%) while a level 25 npc has 6 chances (at 4% - 8% each) and may have 6 keys. Each chance is for 1 key and may be real or fakes.

I'll probably go with the default values for my first run. See how it is.

Then, I'll try changing the values to suit my preference, and I'll report back. I had a look with TES5Edit, and I think I'll be able to change the values. Is it better to alter the values in Devious Devices - FtMOutfitsDB - merge.esp rather than the other?

I'll probably go with the default values for my first run. See how it is.

Then, I'll try changing the values to suit my preference, and I'll report back. I had a look with TES5Edit, and I think I'll be able to change the values. Is it better to alter the values in Devious Devices - FtMOutfitsDB - merge.esp rather than the other?

I usually edit them both.