Sexout: Another Kick in the Head

View File

This plugin extends the Another Kick in the Head mod with some additional dreams and effects.. For the clean content only, see here.

Mod adds an effect that simulates you being knocked out, robbed and then rescued; bandits are now more interested in your loot than your life.
You will lose some of your equipment, but it can be recovered from either your attackers, a stash box or wasteland merchants.

Since you'd otherwise load game, it makes 'dying' a lot worse, and stops the game getting too easy because you have all the best gear. The wasteland becomes a much more threatening place and you start to think twice before entering combat if you can avoid it, and selling rather than stashing your spare gear.

There is a short dream sequence between your knockout and rescue. Most of these become available only after completing different game events and link in to them. Some dreams are connected in an overarching story.

Who you are rescued by depends on your location and standing with the various factions, your 'hero' will give you some new equipment dependent on the same factors and what was not stolen to get you back on your way. You may also be required to complete a quest to repay them and get back some of your gear or risk minor infamy.

There are 14 possible Heroes, if the local one is unavailable (enemy/dead etc) or you fail an easy luck save then there is sometimes a small luck chance to be rescued by the next closest hero or the Mysterious Stranger (with perk), otherwise you will wake up wounded and alone at some nearby shelter, having lost more equipment than otherwise- Your character blacked out and managed to crawl there.

The Merchants who may have your stuff are random major ones.
The Loot Box may be in one of the bases of the faction who knocked you out

When your health drops to a low level your character begins to black out, while this occurs any further hits may cause a knock out. (In engine terms, damage taken is greatly reduced while blacking out which prevents you from dying and instead triggers the knock out)

MCM Options

- Difficulty slider affects how much gear you may lose after a KO. On Very Easy gear theft is mostly disabled, you can only lose currently equipped items and some aid/caps; all recoverable from the NPCs at your KO.
- Companion gear loss can be disabled
- Dreams may be enabled during normal sleep, but the chance is small
- Thresholds and KO chances

If for some reason you don't like the MCM, you can also change options by entering 'Player.PlaceAtMe XX01F619' into the console. XX = mod load order.

Requirements and Extensions

The main .esm requires only this mod's data pack and New Vegas. It does not interface directly with sexout.

The sexout extension plugin
Adds extra dreams and a chance based on your health and how drugged up you are of getting the 'Another Kick in the Head' effect after sex... Psycho, Buffout and Mentats reduce the chance, whilst most other drugs increase it.
Requires Sexout NG, Sexout Common Resources (including the BDSM items and SpectrumsToyPack (SCR version)

----

Known Issues
- If using NVSE 4.2, non-vanilla companions may briefly appear and then disappear when moving through doors, this is fixed using NVSE 4.5.

NX Variables for other modders' use
- Sexout (only) KO's can be disabled using 'PLAYERREF.NX_SetEVFl "AKH:iDisableSexKO" 1'. This variable must be set before every sex act you want to disable (my mod resets it)

Future Plans

- Possible bad outcome quests (slavery etc) if not rescued
- Expand sex dreams with running story lines
- More repayment quests and dreams

Credits

- All sound files are from free license sources but modified extensively by me. You may reuse them as you wish, providing the following attributions:
- Voice acting performed by James Kemp
- The revolver spin sound is based on creation of Dredile: http://www.freesound.org/people/Dredile/sounds/177863/

License:

Except assets noted in credits: BSD / Public domain. Do whatever the hell you want to do with it. You can even upload it to some other site and claim to be the creator, but that's bad karma, and when it comes back 'round you'll regret the decision.

-----

Upgrade Note

August 2
The main .esm has been update, and now requires NVSE v4+

August 2
Sexout extension updated

August 2
- The included data pack is now updated, and should be installed via FOMM

August 2
- DLC extension is now redundant, although harmless to load.

---
There is also a readme included, which gives FAQ/Help/Spoilers (how to unlock all dreams, etc)

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    07/25/2013
  • Category
  • Requires
    Sexout, SCR, NVSE4+

I like where this is going.

So this means that if we are about to die we will "be rescued" by some faction but loose our prized stuff?

Thats the idea. It simulates that bandits are interested in your loot not your life, and retrieving your stuff is harder than just going straight back and killing them

----------

EDIT: Old change log to December 10 2013:

December 10

- Added fix for mod becoming permanently disabled after leaving the main Mojave

November 17

- Mod now disables automatically in unsupported locations- DLC areas etc

- Added 3rd party mod companion support

- Added option to prevent companion gear loss

- Added optional alternate option setting method

- Tweaked Cottonwood Cove rescues

- Fixed an MCM layout bug

November 1

- Various minor bug fixes, tweaks and rebalances

- Added 1 new dream

- Fixed character freezing bug after basement sex dream (was same issue as hotel before)

October 31

- Added 6 new dreams

- Modified 4 existing dreams

- Added optional 'Very Easy' difficulty

- Added optional chance to dream on regular sleep

- Added compatability for IMCNNV / Arwens Tweaks

- Added a resources data pack

- Sexout extension updated for full compatability with current SCR/drugging

- Lots of misc tweaks/bug fixes

October 6

- Fixed issue where mod didn't work with non-English language games

- Fix for bug where player was frozen after hotel bondage sex dream (hopefully)

- Sexout knockouts now affected by Wear-and-Tear if  optionally using the mod

- Sexout KOs can be disabled by other mods using NX

September 18

- Lots and lots of minor tweaks and bug fixes for gameplay, reliability and efficiency

- Fix for bug where player got frozen after dreams (hopefully)

- All item types may now be recovered after KOs

- Some debugging added for non-English game versions

August 30

- Overhauled Knockout system

- Added various problem protections

- Lots of misc tweaks and bug fixes

- Changed easy mode to difficulty slider

- Xander root no longer accidentally runs a test script

- Changed and tidied up MCM

August 18

- Added an alternative bad outcome when no hero is available to rescue you

- New dream

- New hero- The Mysterious Stranger, available if you have the perk

- Misc tweaks

July 28

- Fixed code typo where having Cass hired may have caused problems in dreams, possibly CTD

- Improved Companion handling code

- Added code to try to stop 3rd party mod script breaking issues when rescued.

July 25

- Added new rescue hero for Westside area

- Added more companion support

- Added code to try to prevent 3rd party sexout mods breaking dreams

- Added Easy mode and variable knockout chance to MCM

- Various misc tweaks, bug fixes and code efficiency improvements

- New dreams

- Added some restricted cells and game conditions to prevent possible issues

I like where this is going.

So this means that if we are about to die we will "be rescued" by some faction but loose our prized stuff?

Thats the idea. It simulates that bandits are interested in your loot not your life, and retrieving your stuff is harder than just going straight back and killing them

So in the future are you planning to add injury or damage as well. Make it so that you have to wait sometime or even go see a doctor (hard core) I just imagined having to collect cans and trash to gather enough caps together to get a gun or some added supplies to go after the ...****er that did that to me.

Oooh! Maybe to those with female toons might get knocked up. .. while they are out.  Don't know who/what the daddy is.  :unsure: If you take too much time the preg scripts and encumbrances start to weigh in and make it harder to accomplish the quest... Maybe some snide comment from the bastard right before you kill them. Maybe they plead for their life. .. Ooooh

So Sorry. It is just that this is such a cool start to a great idea. It really got my imagination going. I might just have to try this as well.

Very Thank you Odessa, I LOVEEEEE IT. I make one quick test, i set on 30% hp and i was hurt then one geko attrack attrack me by back. dont even had time of react when you mod kick out and i back to Prim and Johnson Nash give only one weapon, some clothes and open pieze of food and water but all my stuff was gone and love it, always the game seen me too easy, i even use the Arwen realitic tweaks but i really dont like alot arwe´s mod because is too much hardness and very instable om my system. But i think i will start use your one ( both is too much ). Only hope if exist some way your mod and brutal assault can fussionate some way because i think the best way avoid rape=death could be your approch. I hope you keep you great work and will waiting updates of your mods.

edi: gramatic.

update: i made one kamikase attrack to powerd ganger on Hotel Bison Steve and when i wake up i was on Cottonwood Coven, the problem with this i think this break the quest with Vulpes Inculta because once i reach Nipton by west  and legion was hostile, until i  reach like the game flow say by east  is i can meet Vulpes without be hostile ( this was time ago and not related you mod )  I think when you past Nipton is when you can wake on Cottonwood Coven for avoid this problem.

@ At everyone, glad you liked and thanks for feedback;

@Edespino:

On first point, they should already partly work together if you set a knockout chance in the Wear and Tear MCM (or when you take enough damage- though currently the damage script runs every 2 seconds, so if you take damage from above the threshold to 0 you die before it can happen)

The way I implemented it also makes it very easy for other mods to call the effect- I figured theres a few places it could work well

The Cottonwood cove issue- I expect theres more similar ones if you get rescued to somewhere you've never been. Should be easy fix. Interior activations are very much WIP though.. currently outcome isnt based on world location but is totally random

----

@RitualClarity:

I think all your ideas are great, I did try to force wait the player because currently no gametime actually passes but I haven't managed to get it working yet, and always being full healed is a bit much. I think maybe if the faction don't hate you but don't like you either, or you havent done a quest to pay them back for last time you get less gear and have to do the tin can scrounging like you suggest

That was pretty much what I was thinking of. :D

Ooooh.. If you have a horrible reputation with a faction .. say Legion you will be transported to Legion Camp and made a slave and then you would have to not only gather up supplies but escape or gain their trust. Power Gangers would send you to Prison where you become imprisoned. If it is the NCR you just end up dead.Nothing is guaranteed in life. :P

This way you can have a logical destination for most of the major factions when you have a horrible reputation with them. Not all of them will take prisoners. Some will out-rite kill you. For those that have negative to neutral you might just be left where you are stripped of most (or all) depending on the reputation. Positive reputation might have a wasteland wander appear and give you minor equipment or perhaps some else found nearby that didn't survive an encounter with some minor equipment

It's times like these that I wish I knew more about the GECK. :P

Odessa, yes sorry i forget you say indoor if is selected it you will wakeup on ramdon place. About brutal assult and you mod i think how make work together ( i dont test alot yet ) i will set the rape hp threhold from brutal raper by example in 40% and you mod on 20% that way if courier is combat rape and after contine attracking then when reach the 20% you mod must work simulating was raped and robed.

Ah, so this is a bit like Arwen's OneLife without the crashing. I'll give it a try! :cool:

I have a mod similar to this in Oblivion except that has true death handling via COBL. (I'm going to be very interested to see how you do it here in FONV!!)  Generally, to keep track of where you are in the world I would teleport an XMarker to wherever the player is while on the surface. Then you can reference that XMarker when inside interiors. Basically, just updating the XMarker position every few minutes or so while walking about. (Never creating a new XMarker mind you as that causes annoyances... :angel: ) The distance functions in Oblivion go bonkers when considering interiors. Not sure if FONV's are as bad.

Another caveat of course are certain quests and in the case of mods... essentially an off switch is a good idea. For Oblivion I'd turn the system off for certain quests. In FONV's case.....  aside from that battle in the end, I'm not sure there is a vanilla quest you can't warp out of. Can anybody think of one?

Lastly, my mod either saves or captures you. (Provided all your companions are knocked out that is. If a companion is still alive I kept the player from getting robbed and warped.) If saved, you end up with some lost gear but not too bad. If captured, you have to sneak your way out of some prison.

Not suggesting you do any of the above of course, just relating my experiences with my own mod.

I'm currently playing through a few new FONV quests and will give this mod a good test. (I'm constantly dying anyway. I have everything WAY too hard!!  ;) )

Ah, so this is a bit like Arwen's OneLife without the crashing. I'll give it a try! :cool:

I have a mod similar to this in Oblivion except that has true death handling via COBL. (I'm going to be very interested to see how you do it here in FONV!!)  Generally, to keep track of where you are in the world I would teleport an XMarker to wherever the player is while on the surface. Then you can reference that XMarker when inside interiors. Basically, just updating the XMarker position every few minutes or so while walking about. (Never creating a new XMarker mind you as that causes annoyances... :angel: ) The distance functions in Oblivion go bonkers when considering interiors. Not sure if FONV's are as bad.

Another caveat of course are certain quests and in the case of mods... essentially an off switch is a good idea. For Oblivion I'd turn the system off for certain quests. In FONV's case.....  aside from that battle in the end, I'm not sure there is a vanilla quest you can't warp out of. Can anybody think of one?

Lastly, my mod either saves or captures you. (Provided all your companions are knocked out that is. If a companion is still alive I kept the player from getting robbed and warped.) If saved, you end up with some lost gear but not too bad. If captured, you have to sneak your way out of some prison.

Not suggesting you do any of the above of course, just relating my experiences with my own mod.

I'm currently playing through a few new FONV quests and will give this mod a good test. (I'm constantly dying anyway. I have everything WAY too hard!!  ;) )

Thanks for the suggestions, that xmarker on ther surface sounds like a good idea, and I can do a special case for a few interiors.

I'm planning to do a similar thing to you with the save/capture. If your companion is alive there will be a chance they can save you based on their health. If you are unlucky or the local faction don't like you you can end up in a slaver camp from which you eventually get sold off to someone else (Gommorah, the Thorn, others I haven't thought up yet), but its also possible to escape the camp or have the NCR Rangers rescue you if your rep with them is very high.

Currently this .esp itself does not interface with or requires any Sexout Content, but I have attached a modified version of my wear and tear plugin that adds a chance based on your health percentage of getting the 'Another Kick in the Head' effect after unlucky sex... watch out for stalkers.

I was so excited to get this installed and trying it out that I didn't fully understand the above quote. In the end I had two Wear and Tear esps running. I figured out that your modified version of wear and tear was specifically designed for use with this mod and the older one should of been deactivated/removed. Others might not understand this fact. You might want to further clarify the instructions to remove any wear and tear.esp you have before installing the modified version for this mod. However I could be so very wrong however... :)

Other than that so far it has been good. I have one other question. How well does this play with Sewer Slaver? I currently will be using this mod at a higher level of health than the Slaver Mod. I am not against deactivating the Slaver mod. I am in favor of a more holistic mod that can encompass various aspects of the game and give alternate outcomes such as this mod's potential.

I will be looking forward to getting my *ss handed to me... :D

Currently this .esp itself does not interface with or requires any Sexout Content, but I have attached a modified version of my wear and tear plugin that adds a chance based on your health percentage of getting the 'Another Kick in the Head' effect after unlucky sex... watch out for stalkers.

I was so excited to get this installed and trying it out that I didn't fully understand the above quote. In the end I had two Wear and Tear esps running. I figured out that your modified version of wear and tear was specifically designed for use with this mod and the older one should of been deactivated/removed. Others might not understand this fact. You might want to further clarify the instructions to remove any wear and tear.esp you have before installing the modified version for this mod. However I could be so very wrong however... :)

Other than that so far it has been good. I have one other question. How well does this play with Sewer Slaver? I currently will be using this mod at a higher level of health than the Slaver Mod. I am not against deactivating the Slaver mod. I am in favor of a more holistic mod that can encompass various aspects of the game and give alternate outcomes such as this mod's potential.

I will be looking forward to getting my *ss handed to me... :D

Yes, I should probably mention that, having both loaded may cause problems.

I believe sewer slaves has a similar way of capturing you at low health, so its possible both mods could try and run at the same time. I would recommend disabling the sewer slave captures in MCM. I am planning to look into adding a link from this mod to that one as a possible knockout consequence for compatability

Obviously if you are using this mod whilst already actually captured in the sewers it could result in your head exploding... but you can always disable this mods features via the MCM until you escape.

Yes, I should probably mention that, having both loaded may cause problems.

Good that I can help with the clarification. I am not a modder unfortunately however I am a high functioning user however. I am trying to learn as much as I can and try to help with debugging and such. I am sort of a "middle man" in the system. ;) I see somethings that the greatly skilled modders while intensively focusing on their mod might miss. Things that newer users might not ask or miss as well.

I believe sewer slaves has a similar way of capturing you at low health, so its possible both mods could try and run at the same time. I would recommend disabling the sewer slave captures in MCM. I am planning to look into adding a link from this mod to that one as a possible knockout consequence for compatability

It is great and I was even thinking the same thing. You could use Sewer Slave as a requirement/ option  and just link some of the actions to your mod. That would give you an already made alternative system.

Obviously if you are using this mod whilst already actually captured in the sewers it could result in your head exploding... but you can always disable this mods features via the MCM until you escape.

Yes I though of that. With some of our users they might not realize the situation and end up with a very nasty surprise in their game. If you are upgrading or mentioning the added info about having both installed you might also want to add some warning that undesirable results may occur if you use Sexout Sewer Slave. You could even leave it at that. If they go ahead and use it when you haven't created a proper link then they deserve to have their head blow up. Later if you do create a link you can upgrade it as an option or requirement who knows you might decide to create a whole new play through or situation for Freeside that may or may not include situations found in Sewer Slave. I for one will most likely deactivate the Sewer Slave just in case. I don't want to have two mods fighting over my dying character. Besides it is something new and shiny to play with... :P

Only prob I had is I let a gecko drop me ... woke up without my stuff, Doc Mitchell gave me some items .. went back and downed all the geckos. Nada... I doubt a Gecko would vendor my goods or stick em in a locker somewhere. Maybe have it tell the difference between creatures and people ... the rob you as you lay near death should prob only happen against human NPCs of vanilla factions, Legion, Fiend, Jackals, etc. Geckos, bugs, ghouls, etc should not trigger the program I think. Creatures like Super Mutant should just loot you and have it on em for the player to track it down.

Maybe someone else robbed you while you were out... :P

Maybe they took some of your stuff and put it in a cache somewhere. They are bipedal and have hands that can grasp. Who knows what they might pick up and walk around with.

I don't know it sounds cool anyway. I don' t see any problem with loosing some or even all of my loot and goods and having to start over. It sounds cool. After all you were almost dead again. It might be kind of cool having that risk. .. Maybe a MCM slider for that... Kind of like Brutal Rapers did with the thief of items (money).

I think a mod like this could have huge potential.  The main thing I would want is for it to be unpredictable (and somewhat believable).   Maybe you wake up where you fell, still with most/all/none/little of your stuff, maybe you actually die, or kidnapped/enslaved/rescued (or all 3), pregnant etc...  You could also probably turn this into an alternate start mod (sort of would be anyway).

I think prideslayer's making a universal "kidnapping" system (for things like SewerSlave), so you may want to get in touch with him.

One - perhaps unlikely (lot of work) - idea I had was that, when you lose consiousness, you teleport to a cell that's like a dream (maybe you can't see anything).  Could have echoey sounds to give an idea of what's happening, and maybe play Ain't That A Kick In The Head.  Then teleport back, or somewhere else.

Only prob I had is I let a gecko drop me ... woke up without my stuff, Doc Mitchell gave me some items .. went back and downed all the geckos. Nada... I doubt a Gecko would vendor my goods or stick em in a locker somewhere. Maybe have it tell the difference between creatures and people ... the rob you as you lay near death should prob only happen against human NPCs of vanilla factions, Legion, Fiend, Jackals, etc. Geckos, bugs, ghouls, etc should not trigger the program I think. Creatures like Super Mutant should just loot you and have it on em for the player to track it down.

Like ritualclarity suggested, someone else may have taken it. When you go down the mod checks for local characters, and probably found a few powder gangers.

Its a WIP, after playing a few hours I agree it can be annoying losing all your stuff- although otherwise you'd probably have died and then loaded remember.

I am currently heavily tweaking the system. When I upload a new version, expect to not always lose everything. There will be a value/weight/random system- if 2 vipers knock you out they grab the valuable stuff and leave heavy clutter. But your rescuers may have robbed you as well, so if say The Kings save you, maybe Pacer has pocketed some stuff.

Next time I upload there will quests associated with most/all the rescues; they figure you owe them, and these may result in you getting some gear back again.

@ dizzyman:

I was actually thinking of doing some kind of occasional surreal dream sequence.. it would be cool, but I can't really prioritise that just yet.

Waking up where you fell is actually kind of tricky to implement, you'd need to make sure you moved all the enemies away elsewhere, I'm not sure how the engine would take this because a lot of encounters respawns... perhaps I could just move the player a little bit- just out of range. I'll look into at some point

Liking this mod a lot, anything that will make the game more challenging is a good thing.

A suggestion; how about an option to disable the rescue, for even a little bit more hardship? When I 'died' in Arwen's OneLife it was kinda cool to have your character wake up in the desert naked and in a bad shape, and start limping to the nearest town.

I'm tempted to try but the idea that I would have to buy back my gear from merchants all over the place is scaring me off, since I don't have that much money yet. If that was an option that you could turn off I wouldn't mind. I guess this is for high-level characters who needs a challenge.

I'm tempted to try but the idea that I would have to buy back my gear from merchants all over the place is scaring me off, since I don't have that much money yet. If that was an option that you could turn off I wouldn't mind. I guess this is for high-level characters who needs a challenge.

You don't need to be high level, I've been testing it from level 3 with a 4x slower experience mod. Your hero will give you a new weapon/armor if you lost them. You can also learn to adapt- instead of selling every spare item and carrying all your valuables everywhere you go, keep some backups in stashes about the place

I got CDT every time I'm trying to load  game with this mods on. I got latest sexout and resources.

Had same problem. Disabled DLC, at it helped. As i understood that DLC was for weapon theft (Odessa wrote: Added optional DLC extension to make new weapon theft work the same as vanilla.)? Anyway without it knockout worked. But, there is some conflict, that for sure :(