lol football

Kashiwaba Tomoe

The NFL Comissioner and his staff are looking like tremendous idiots right now.

For you soccer fans, and those from non football countries in general, the football refs in the US have gone on a strike.

Simply put, some of the replacement refs are completely incompetent for the job.

More to the point, some of the refs were also pre-judged as incompetent for the Lingerie Football League here in the US and Canada, and were previously fired by them.

In the news over hte past few weeks, the Lingerie Football League has refused to talk about any of their former referees with the NFL currently..... but then they said this gem:

Because of the LFL's perception it is that much more critical for us to hire officiating crews that are competent, not only for the credibility of our game but to keep our athletes safer. Due to several on-field incompetent officiating we chose to part ways with with a couple crews which apparently are now officiating in the NFL. We have a lot of respect for our officials but we felt the officiating was not in line with our expectations.

We have not made public comment to date because we felt it was not our place to do so. However in light of tonight's event, we felt it was only fair that NFL fans knew the truth as to who are officiating these games.

So basically, they're saying don't hire refs that suck, because it makes the game suck, makes them look like idiots, and gets players hurt.

I wonder if the NFL will ever figure that out.

As far as the ref situation in the NFL, the problem is the NFL is trying to get back some control over the refs. One of the major sticking points is the NFL wants to add 3 additional teams of officials available so that can replace underperforming refs at any time. Currently, refs are guaranteed regular seasons, with only the playoffs being denied for bad calls throughout the season. The NFL wants to be able to pull refs during the season if they become a detriment to the game. I don't think that's a bad idea. The refs union is of course fighting this. This is not strictly a money/retirement issue (although it is a huge part). There are always 2 sides to the story, the problem is the bad reffing is prominently on display currently. The UNTRAINED replacements (and they untrained/unpracticed in the NFL) are doing their best, but they are clearly out of their element.

[Edit]Looks like the NFL caved somewhat on this part of the issue. They did get a 3 team set of refs (21 total refs), but as a developmental group. So the regular refs that screw up during the season will still cannot be pulled during the regular season. So now, it is down to money, and the NFL should pretty much give in at this point.[/Edit]

"soccer is not for pussies:" Never said it was. I will spot you those, if you agree these 2 (along with several neck/spinal injuries - Marc Buoniconti & Darryl Stingley for example) are pretty bad as well:

Joe Theismann:

Napolean McCallum: Could not find video, but basically on a tackle hyper-extended his knee to almost 90 degree angle. He nearly died from the injuries: ruptured artery in his left knee, tore three ligaments in his left knee, tore the calf and hamstring from the bone, and suffered nerve damage in the knee.

Well, I am not an NFL fan as I think everyone involved including the referee's make too damn much money. College football is where it is at!

No as to soccer....who cares. I would rather sit in a small room with some tard blowing a vesuvala in my ear for an hour than watch 5 minutes of a bunch of knuckleheads running up and down a huge field kicking a ball. There isn't enough freaking action in that game to keep me awake. If I want to watch people run around I will tune in to watch track and field.

To the anit-American comments....was that really necessary? I don't remember anyone posting crap like that about your country. Hate the game, not the country. Besides, none of your crappy games have hotties like the cheerleaders roaming the sidelines now do they?

Personally I am basket ball fan but only for college. In general professional sports is far less entertaining to me.

well i didn't meant to comment you post or anybody else

i was just post few things cuz, strangely coincidence, yesterday i was read some article in some daily newspapers about injuries in the sport(all sports)

personal; i don't watch any sport cuz i don't like idea then some uneducated tard who chase goat belly across the field have 100000x bigger paycheck then some university professor, me no like-like...

Well' date=' I am not an NFL fan as I think everyone involved including the referee's make too damn much money. College football is where it is at!

No as to soccer....who cares. I would rather sit in a small room with some tard blowing a vesuvala in my ear for an hour than watch 5 minutes of a bunch of knuckleheads running up and down a huge field kicking a ball. There isn't enough freaking action in that game to keep me awake. If I want to watch people run around I will tune in to watch track and field.

To the anit-American comments....was that really necessary? I don't remember anyone posting crap like that about your country. Hate the game, not the country. Besides, none of your crappy games have hotties like the cheerleaders roaming the sidelines now do they?

Personally I am basket ball fan but only for college. In general professional sports is far less entertaining to me.

[/quote']

"To the anit-American comments..." Only 1 "Anti-American" comment in the whole thread (so far) and that was a posted image saying Americans are Pussies for using helmets and pads. So friggin' what? Compared to rugby, we do look like pussies all armored up (hence the phrase which I heard numerous time - Armored Wankball). Notice I said "we"? I am an NFL fan living in the US. Not a fanatic. Just a fan. And I think sometimes there is too much pussification of the NFL - not so much the "armor", mainly just the rules. I'm for requiring all NFL players to use the better quality concussion-reducing helmets rather than letting the players pick their own, but some of the rules need to be backed off so the guys can just play.

By the way, reports are that the NFL/refs union are a lot closer to an agreement, so close that the regular ref may be back on Sunday (doubt it, but hopefully). Thanks for (unintentionally) taking one in the nuts Packers.

"To the anit-American comments..." Only 1 "Anti-American" comment in the whole thread (so far) and that was a posted image saying Americans are Pussies for using helmets and pads. So friggin' what? Compared to rugby' date=' we do look like pussies all armored up (hence the phrase which I heard numerous time - Armored Wankball). Notice I said "we"? I am an NFL fan living in the US. Not a fanatic. Just a fan. And I think sometimes there is too much pussification of the NFL - not so much the "armor", mainly just the rules. I'm for requiring all NFL players to use the better quality concussion-reducing helmets rather than letting the players pick their own, but some of the rules need to be backed off so the guys can just play.

[/quote']

I find it hilarious that folks call wearing equipment being a pussy. Especially since those same folks have never played a minute of that sport in their lives. I have played rugby and football both. Rugby is a very different from football in fundamental ways that do make it a "bit" safer to run around with a shirt and shorts (it is still dangerous as hell!). Honestly the pussy comments just show how ignorant folks are. Let's see those same folks that are tossing out the insults, step onto the playing field and make that comment when a huge, hulking linebacker is barreling towards them. I think they are going to be screaming for the mommies!

Rules exist for the safety of the players. I can go along with dumping any rules that aren't based on that. As to picking their own equipment? That could lead to all sorts of silly stuff. It is better to just have standardized gear and leave it at that. The team can pick their colors\logo's so that is enough. Besides, all the gear in the world won't make you look cool if your team is getting their ass kicked.

I find it hilarious that folks call wearing equipment being a pussy. Especially since those same folks have never played a minute of that sport in their lives. I have played rugby and football both. Rugby is a very different from football in fundamental ways that do make it a "bit" safer to run around with a shirt and shorts (it is still dangerous as hell!). Honestly the pussy comments just show how ignorant folks are. Let's see those same folks that are tossing out the insults' date=' step onto the playing field and make that comment when a huge, hulking linebacker is barreling towards them. I think they are going to be screaming for the mommies!

Rules exist for the safety of the players. I can go along with dumping any rules that aren't based on that. As to picking their own equipment? That could lead to all sorts of silly stuff. It is better to just have standardized gear and leave it at that. The team can pick their colors\logo's so that is enough. Besides, all the gear in the world won't make you look cool if your team is getting their ass kicked.

[/quote']

Remember, I did say "looks like pussies" not "are pussies" :D . I am not against the rules that try to prevent injuries (shots to the head, shots to the knees, etc). I am against rules like moving the kickoff closer to the endzone making returns less likely. It takes away an exciting part of the game that has really developed in the last 10 years or so. What's next, no punting and they automatically take over at the 20 yard line? No PATs? (that one I could almost live with...) Sounds like I'm only complaining about kicking, but those are the only immediate examples I have in mind.

The equipment thing is getting better. I think in the last couple of years they are requiring DBs/RBs to wear leg padding. Used to be player choice. It's the helmet thing that bugs me the most. There is a concussion reducing helmet that's been available for years. I've seen several quarterbacks and others use it. It has air bladders inside to adjust the fit and protection. In this age of the NFL and the concussion lawsuits going on, I really am surprised that they are not requiring this helmet. Maybe they just don't have conclusive results, but leaving it as player choice? Huh, maybe that's the tactic the NFL lawyers will use on the lawsuits - "why didn't you use a better helmet while playing? After all, it was YOUR CHOICE to use the helmet you used..."

The equipment thing is getting better. I think in the last couple of years they are requiring DBs/RBs to wear leg padding. Used to be player choice. It's the helmet thing that bugs me the most. There is a concussion reducing helmet that's been available for years. I've seen several quarterbacks and others use it. It has air bladders inside to adjust the fit and protection. In this age of the NFL and the concussion lawsuits going on' date=' I really am surprised that they are not requiring this helmet. Maybe they just don't have conclusive results, but leaving it as player choice? Huh, maybe that's the tactic the NFL lawyers will use on the lawsuits - "why didn't you use a better helmet while playing? After all, it was YOUR CHOICE to use the helmet you used..."

[/quote']

Yea, now that you mention the air bladders I have heard about that helmet. I do wonder why the NFL hasn't pushed that as a requirement. Perhaps you are correct on there not being enough data to conclusively show it helps.

As to the lawsuits...yea, I guess you could make the players sign a waiver stating that they can't sue if they choose to wear an inferior helmet.

I also like the kickoff return. Few things are a thrilling as seeing a kick-off\punt returned for a TD. The only things that beat it are a really long rushing TD and interceptions\fumbles returned for TD's. Personally I find it hard to watch Pro sports much. Now college sports......I need to find a rehab clinic to help me control my addiction!!!! :P

I feel obliged to post this every time because I consider 'American football' a Terrible sport.

At least football fans don't regularly riot and engage in hooliganism.

To the anit-American comments....was that really necessary?

Keep in mind' date=' Europe also arrests scientists for failing to predict earthquakes.

FOOTBALL: BECAUSE SOCCER FANS ARE SO MUCH CLASSIER

[video=youtube']http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2NbvR35_vao

Archived