Someone or something broke Ivy's Download topic and file.

Reginald_001

The topic title says it all.

- I logged in, saw that my file topic was 'merged/moved' to another topic 'Redeeming Ivy'.

- The 'download' link broke, so I wanted to re-edit the file details.

- This has set the amount of followers to 0, I don't know how many the original topic had, but it was not zero (more around 60 or 70?).

- When I try to edit the download details, or file, I get the error below, so I can't upload a new version (if I wanted to, new version slated for next weekend):

merged.jpg.e08044e83e8716b52bbc4fb0fee3af1b.jpg

After editing the download:

error.thumb.jpg.a62ef42d018557cce6657c8dd6726813.jpg

zero.jpg

I cannot edit the description. It gives the error. So I cant upload the new file... so its STUCK. Try to edit the description yourself and youll see what I mean.

The topic is linked to the MOVED/MERGED old thread. Thats why clicking back/forth works.

But this made EDITING or UPLOADING A NEW FILE impossible.

(Caps for clarity). :smile:

To fix it:

The download links to this topic (this is the original topic) with ID 94865, which it tries to edit when I upload a new version.

https://www.loverslab.com/topic/94865-fully-voiced-companion-completely-oversexed-ivy-32/

A new thread was made, called 'Redeeming Ivy', not sure by who, or what it's content was. This thread received an ID 99399:

https://www.loverslab.com/topic/99399-fully-voiced-companion-completely-oversexed-ivy-32/

The old thread was merged with the new one, instead of the other way around.

So now, when I edit the original download, or try to upload a new version, it throws an error (see screenshot above).

The topic ID of the support topic, noted in the download (e.g. the Foreign Key pointing to the support topic inside the download) needs to be updated to the NEW id for the NEW topic.

Then all the old subscribers will still have to re-subscribe to the new topic (which kinda sucks for them).

But then we can keep the old download topic in tact and I can upload the new version.

Archived