Is there a way to hide specific posts?

Jexsam

Title says it all.  I'm looking for a way to manage what I do and don't see, specifically in the various screenshot threads, in a way that specifically targets only people who can't use spoilers.  Blocking the original poster is a half-measure at best, but it means if I want to check out anything they post outside screenshot threads that might be relevant, I have to selectively unblock those posts.  Additionally, it does nothing to quell quoters who can't or won't bother to apply the spoilers as well, meaning I either have to block them too or just live with it, which defeats the purpose of event attempting to manage this at all.

Since the moderators have no apparent desire to enforce any sort of post etiquette, the onus falls to the individual user, but this particular user can't seem to find the tools to do so, if they even exist.

Not sure if you are speaking about Threads, Blogs, or Clubs.

For Threads and Blogs only normal LLab rules are enforced. "Netiquette" is too much work, and pretty subjective.

In case something is unacceptable you can always report it.

On clubs, normal LLab rules are applied. But there the Club author can add extra rules.

And has a little of bit of extra power in managing posts.

Now, with this version of the software Clubs are a pain to manage, and they cannot be deleted anymore once created.

Oh damn.  I saw this section before I posted this thread but assumed it was for game-related tech support.  My bad.  Thanks for moving it, whoever did.

Anyway yeah this is a bit of a waaah thread.  That's only because, after years on this site and numerous people putting forth good examples of how to post screenshots, you still get people who actively choose not to.  Some maybe don't speak English, some maybe don't know what all the forum features do, and that's fine, that's not their fault.  But then you get yahoos like we've got today, a bunch of new folks who clearly know what they're doing, but because their stuff is special, they refuse to fall in line.

Spoilers isn't asking much.  It does two very important things - it keeps clutter down, and in the case of unusually extreme content, prevents people from seeing it who may not want to.  It's not about censorship or what you can and can't post.  So I just don't understand the aversion to it.  It's one button press.  That's all.  But evidently that's just too much to ask.

The ability to hide specific posts in a thread would go a long way to helping the end user make a much more pleasant scrolling experience.  Not everyone who posts long strings of shots is the original poster - some people quote those posts only to ask a question about one of images or one particular outfit, making no meaningful contribution to the thread.  It would be excessive to block all of that user's posts, which is normally the only way to remove those long quote strings, since asking a question in the wrong place is hardly a blockable offense.  But because their question is making the page considerably longer, it's a problem.  If the end user could simply block that specific post, it would alleviate that.

I'd agree pretty much with you on the whole spoiler issue.  Unfortunately, I just can't keep up on the enforcement of it.  I just did a very quick count and there are 3 dozen picture threads that are fairly active scattered throughout the forum (don't venture into the Sims or DOA section of the forum, you'll go nuts).  In the 20 minutes I have a day to check up on things, I can't possibly hope to make a dent.  I have too many other things that take first priority.  I guess we could try to concentrate on the 2 or 3 most active threads, but I'm not sure the payoff would be all that great.  It does suck, but I'm not sure it is worth burning down the barn for.

We will kick it around in the moderator section.  We really do try to listen to complaints and when we can, do what we can.

Cheers,

Greg

Archived