Skyrim (Classic) Loadscreens Take a Disgustingly Long Time to Load (About Half the Time, Not Every Time)

NazWeed

This also happens when I press F5 to quicksave. Also I know it's not related to a dirty save file because I started a few new games to test if it's because of that. So it's either a bad mod or something to do with hardware. Keep in mind it's not every time a load screen happens it's load as shit, just sometimes. It's unpredictable. But outside of loading screens the game performs very well.

0  0     Skyrim.esm
  1  1     Update.esm
  2  2     Dawnguard.esm
  3  3     HearthFires.esm
  4  4     Dragonborn.esm
  5  5     Unofficial Skyrim Legendary Edition Patch.esp
  6  6     ImCh.esm
  7  7     BeeingFemale.esm
  8  8     SexLab.esm
  9  9     SkyTEST-RealisticAnimals&Predators.esm
 10  a     Campfire.esm
 11  b     ZaZAnimationPack.esm
 12  c     SexLabAroused.esm
 13  d     hdtHighHeel.esm
 14  e     RSkyrimChildren.esm
 15  f     paradise_halls.esm
 16 10     Heretical Resources.esm
 17 11     ApachiiHair.esm
 18 12     ClimatesOfTamriel.esm
 19 13     daymoyl.esm
 20 14     HighResTexturePack01.esp
 21 15     HighResTexturePack02.esp
 22 16     HighResTexturePack03.esp
 23 17     Unofficial High Resolution Patch.esp
 24 18     TouringCarriages.esp
 25 19     SkyUI.esp
 26 1a     PumpingIron.esp
 27 1b     Footprints.esp
 28 1c     WetandCold.esp
 29 1d     WetandCold - Ashes.esp
 30 1e     DYNAVISION Dynamic Depth of Field.esp
 31 1f     RaceMenu.esp
 32 20     RaceMenuPlugin.esp
 33 21     Purewaters.esp
 34 22     Supreme Fog - CoT.esp
 35 23     Bounty Gold.esp
 36 24     iHUD.esp
 37 25     SexLabNudeCreatures.esp
 38 26     SexLabNudeCreaturesDB.esp
 39 27     SexLabNudeCreaturesDG.esp
 40 28     EstrusChaurus.esp
 41 29     Immersive Arousal.esp
 42 2a     MoreNastyCritters.esp
 43 2b     SexLab TDF Aggressive Prostitution.esp
 44 2c     SexLabDefeat.esp
 45 2d     dD - Realistic Ragdoll Force - Realistic.esp
 46 2e     BeeingFemaleBasicAddOn.esp
 47 2f     Schlongs of Skyrim - Light.esp
 48 30     Skyrim Bigger Trees Full.esp
 49 31     SDO Full-LOD - The Morthal Swamp Complete.esp
 50 32     xazPrisonOverhaulPatched.esp
 51 33     SexLab_Solutions.esp
 52 34     Immersive Interiors.esp
 53 35     AOS.esp
 54 36     OBIS.esp
 55 37     SFO - Dragonborn.esp
 56 38     Hothtrooper44_ArmorCompilation.esp
 57 39     Point The Way.esp
 58 3a     HentaiCreatures.esp
 59 3b     SDO Full-LOD - Waterfall Effects.esp
 60 3c     Run For Your Lives.esp
 61 3d     marriagemod - alpha v3.esp
 62 3e     RSChildren.esp
 63 3f     AOS2_WetandCold Patch.esp
 64 40     OBISDB.esp
 65 41     FNISSexyMove.esp
 66 42     Hothtrooper44_Armor_Ecksstra.esp
 67 43     Cloaks - Dawnguard.esp
 68 44     imp_helm_legend.esp
 69 45     imp_help_dbrn.esp
 70 46     imp_helm_dawn.esp
 71 47     Imp_helm_vnl.esp
 72 48     Better distant LOD waterfalls V2.esp
 73 49     Modern Brawl Bug Fix.esp
 74 4a     marriagemod - hf.esp
 75 4b     BFA_CreatureChildActors_V+DG+DB.esp
 76 4c     BeeingFemale_RS_Patch.esp
 77 4d     Cloaks.esp
 78 4e     Dead Body Collision.esp
 79 4f     SexLab Beastess.esp
 80 50     SDO Full-LOD - Whiterun Trundra Creeks.esp
 81 51     SimpleSlavery.esp
 82 52     Immersive Horses.esp
 83 53     DIVERSE SKYRIM.esp
 84 54     Immersive Patrols II.esp
 85 55     Craftable Horse Barding.esp
 86 56     Immersive Horses - Hearthfire Patch.esp
 87 57     paradise_halls_farengars_study.esp
 88 58     Simple Slavery Defeat.esp
 89 59     CalienteVanillaArmorTweaks.esp
 90 5a     hothtrooper44_ArmorPatch.esp
 91 5b     ZazResources.esp
 92 5c     SexLab Warmbodies.esp
 93 5d     Frostfall.esp
 94 5e     SexLab-AmorousAdventures.esp
 95 5f     BR_HoodCirclets.esp
 96 60     Skyrim Flora Overhaul.esp
 97 61     Storefront.esp
 98 62     TradeRoutes.esp
 99 63     The Paarthurnax Dilemma.esp
100 64     SexLab_Hormones.esp
101 65     SDO Full-LOD - Giant Campfires.esp
102 66     RaceMenuMorphsCBBE.esp
103 67     12FemaleBrows.esp
104 68     FNIS.esp
105 69     XPMSE.esp
106 6a     RSChildren Patch - USLEEP.esp
107 6b     RealNames.esp
108 6c     Guard Dialogue Overhaul.esp
109 6d     ClimatesOfTamriel-Dawnguard-Patch.esp
110 6e     ClimatesOfTamriel-Dragonborn-Patch.esp
111 6f     dD-No Spinning Death Animation Merged.esp
112 70     Illustrious HDT Cloaks.esp
113 71     IcePenguinWorldMap.esp
114 72     dD - Enhanced Blood Main.esp
115 73     AOS2_EBT Patch.esp
116 74     dD-Dragonborn-Dawnguard-EBT Patch.esp
117 75     KrittaKitty_horses_uniqueFrost.esp
118 76     iNeed.esp
           DeadlyMutilation.esp
119 77     Immersive Citizens - AI Overhaul.esp
120 78     Relationship Dialogue Overhaul.esp
121 79     RDO - Immersive Horses Patch.esp
122 7a     RDO - USLEEP Patch.esp
123 7b     ImCh ICAO patch.esp
124 7c     Alternate Start - Live Another Life.esp

2 hours ago, RevolutionaryUltraChad said:

Keep in mind it's not every time a load screen happens it's load as shit, just sometimes. It's unpredictable.

A handful of records conflict between RDO and AS-LAL and SexLab Solution need to be placed directly after AS-LAL for fixing incompabilities with that last mod. So you should have at the end of your Load Order:

Spoiler

Alternate Start - Live Another Life.esp

SexLab_Solutions.esp <= v5.0.7

Relationship Dialogue Overhaul.esp

RDO - USLEEP Patch.esp

RDO - Immersive Horses Patch.esp

You should also upgrade to the new version of MNC which solves some problems related to texture effects errors in Spriggan meshes and the use of SexLab Nude Creatures.esp, SexLabNudeCreaturesDG.esp, SexLabNudeCreaturesDB.esp has become obsolete with the new version: More Nasty Critters: SLAL Edition v11.1D. See the mod page for the requirements needed.

Keep in mind that Guard Dialogue Overhault must always be placed before RDO, which is the case for you, so no problems on that side.

Beware of the ImCh ICAO patch.esp when changing the Load Order as I don't know for what mod the patch is related in conjonction with ICAO.

What you can do about Footprints - it's a mod I personaly like so much that it is included in every playthrough, you can set it in a way it performs better: turn the special fx slider off, and reduce the number of npc making footprints from 50 down to 20. Doing so really lightens the load, so to speak.

You are using both Run for your Lives and Immersive Citizens Overhaul at the same time. Both are excellent mods, but Immersive Citizens Overhaul also gives the NPC's AI to flee when attacks occur. Its generally suggested to use one or the other, but not both. If you get rid of one, you should use a save cleaner to clean up numerous scripts.

If you are experiencing super long load times i would suggest SafetyLoad. However I found this not to be helpful, and after a bit more research I saw that re-installing SkyUI really helps out a lot with load issues, as it puts quite a strain SKSE's memory. Alternatively, I would suggest installing the memory patch for SKSE. I'll provide a few steps below:

1. Go to Data folder for skyrim

2. Go to SKSE folder (if you do not have one create one and call it SKSE).

3. There should be nothing in the folder, Make a new Text Document and insert the following EXACTLY:

[General]
ClearInvalidRegistrations=1
[Memory]
DefaultHeapInitialAllocMB=768
ScrapHeapSizeMB=256

4. Save as, SKSE.ini, Go to All files (and be sure to delete the .txt leave only SKSE.ini as the name.

5. And boom, your all set! 

Hope this helps with your issue :smiley:

13 minutes ago, Sladen2019 said:

You are using both Run for your Lives and Immersive Citizens Overhaul at the same time. Both are excellent mods, but Immersive Citizens Overhaul also gives the NPC's AI to flee when attacks occur. Its generally suggested to use one or the other, but not both. If you get rid of one, you should use a save cleaner to clean up numerous scripts.

Where can I find a save cleaner and how do I use it?

A good one is at Nexus. Fallrim Tools

It will need Java installed in order to work.

Move you character, preferrably alone, to an emptyish/scriptless cell. Calixitos House in Windhelm, is one I use. After doing his quest of course.

Save and exit.

Disable the mod you want to remove. Don't remove it at this point.

Start the game and it will say an esp is no longer present. Click ok.

Let the game sit for like 5-10 minutes while scripts load and get cleaned up/disabled by SKSE.

Save again and exit the game.

Start Fallrim Tools and checkmark Show Unattached Instances and Undefined Elements under Clean at the top.

Now it will show you what should be leftover scripts from uninstalled/disabled mods. Check them out if youd like.

Now go to Clean at the top and select Remove Unattached and then again to remove Undefined.

Now go to the top and click File and then Save As and name it whatever youd like.  It will write a new cleaned save. Your old save will still be there if you want to use it again.

Now load the game and wait a few minutes then make a new save. Exit the game and restart with that save.

All done.

Everyone does it abit differntly, but the way I posted is a good way to do it.

Sometimes the MCM of mods will have a deactivate feature to click before doing the above steps, to help with the cleaning.

12 hours ago, RevolutionaryUltraChad said:

Also I've been playing Skyrim since 2014 so it has to be a new mod I installed or something to do with hard drive space.

Check your HDD S.M.A.R.T status, percentage of free space and level of fragmentation, temporary files that hang on your system, background tasks that load into your system and are useless, check that your anti-virus does not disturb your game sessions during updates, disable the online Steam mode ... in short: optimize your system.

I haven't done FallrimTools yet but from what I've started to figure out by doing the other people's solutions that it only partially works. I.E the loading screens at first are normal but towards the end they are ridiculously long. I'm not going to give up until somebody's solution is 100% good. So people in the future can have an easy fix. Also I'm not posting this on Nexus because I don't want people to laugh at my mods lol.

If you have cleaned up your Master files with TES5Edit and have kept the original files in its backups directory, try to move them outside the game directory by means of a cut/paste to another directory or writable medium, in case you want to keep them for a safe storage. This could help you reduce their impact on a performance level if they are loaded in addition to the cleaned ones into your Skyrim game.

Also try to reduce the number of your game saves to the bare minimum - delete as many old save files as possible, and keep only the ones that you think are the most important.

22 hours ago, RevolutionaryUltraChad said:

Why does number of saves matter?

Starting from the general principle that when you want to have a healthy modded Skyrim game - game that I remind you was initially planned to work on console and whose port on PC is not without generating stability problems and limitations due to its game engine, the best is to have an environment that is optimized to its maximum, both at the level of hardware and software layer.

Too many people forget this and do not spend enough time tweaking their system, limiting memory overhead for potentially useless software resources, unusued background tasks and services that bloat and pollute your resources in an anarchic way, telemetry, proprietary and unwanted sofwares, inadapted, unsuitable drivers installed and updated by default in your OS and that don't really fit your hardware specs, just to name a few.

Eliminate unwanted temporary files, clean and defrag your hard drives, do not overload your system with unnecessary programs and background tasks, block executables that are useless and eat up memory capacity during your gaming session, such as NVidia experience, Steam overlay, etc ... Just by doing so you can increase your chances of having a stable base for your game. Of course the current configurations have a bigger potential compared to the previous dated ones, you can have a CPU with 8 Multi-threaded Cores and 32 GB or RAM but still the same statement: Skyrim doesn't care about that due to it's hard coded engine limits. Fortunately there are solutions to work around these limitations such as SKSE and the memory management feature, SKSE plugin Preloader, Crash Fixes, ENBoost, Load Game CTD Fix, but it does not solve all your problems in case of a heavily modded game as they only postpone their future deadline if you haven't set all the things in the right way.

All these things require rigor and an irreproachable system maintenance to benefit Skyrim to the maximum of their respective potencial.

Why then want to keep hundreds and hundreds of unnecessary savegame files when you load your game? What do you think it brings if not an overload of elements that will require more resources? Did you make the comparison by loading your game and your mod manager with only the most important and necessary backup files? Some users may not encounter any problems by keeping up to over a thousand savegames - which is not really recommended for MO by the way, because each configuration of Skyrim is different and unique depending on how you have adapted and managed it according to your system specifications.

If you have a serious bloating issue your saves will triple in size very quickly and it will only get worse over time as you progress through your game:

Spoiler

"Save Bloat is usually a matter of save size growing faster than it should. It is often related to a poorly designed or broken script. Papyrus spam from removed or broken scripts does not automatically mean that you have save bloat, but often bloat also means that something is spamming Papyrus hard. Game bakes script data to save files. Cleaning the save with a cleaner may not solve the problem. However, Fallout 4 rotates scripts far better than previous Creation Engine releases did and it's own API is also quite strong in comparison. This means that working with scripted content for FO4 is safer than it was for Skyrim."

- Quote by Suvanto

Source: Save Bloat And Is There A Way To Fix It?

In conclusion do not forget that YOU might have a problem, so it is a question of eliminating any potentially undesirable source as much as possible, don't you think?

------------

Useful tips:

Do not let too many unsolved quests appear in your playthrough and resolve them as quickly as possible. Deactivate ALL autosaves options, especially if you frequently use the Fast-Travel feature which can break the fragile load of scripts and create more instability again. A lot of autosaves on travel can crash the game. Avoid at best the excessive use of quicksaves. Before starting a new main quest make a named save with the console in an indoors location so that you know exactly which save starts a main quest. Never, ever overwrite your existent savegame.

Mods and Savegames
Was Skyrim's save game system poorly designed?

EDIT: take a look at the linked LL Thread where similar issue is discussed, it might help you find what could be done concerning your problem.

• 1 month later...

Archived