Skyrim VR

webjedi2

• 1 month later...

I'm running it on Oculus Rift (6 days into setting it up). Works a treat - SKSEVR is available, a lot of SE mods work unchanged, Flower Girls VR is there, and I use an ENB, too.  Player animation mods are a waste of time because you have no body.

SkyUI and its MCM menu is a bit of a sticking point - hoping it will be converted. It almost works but not quite. So it's not available right now.

Racemenu is still faffing about in Alpha and hardly working for SE. in VR it's a dead loss due to DLL mismatch. I've almost given up hope this will ever be available out of Alpha.

You can see yourself quickly with the mod VR Mirror. The other "See yourself" menu mod has a major quest-knobbling flaw and is not safe to use at the moment.

You can use the SE Creation Kit if you download the SkyrimVR Strings mod from Nexus.

Warning - it's blurry in VR. It took me an age of tweaking but the Reddit SkyrimVR thread is a great source of help.

For the discerning gentleman, there is a whole new world of wobbly boobs out there waiting to be discovered. The Oldrim mod companion "Lynx" (I think no longer available after it's author flounced off in a huff) is enough to turn eyeballs to steam. I'm now out of hospital and the heart surgeon says I'll make a good recovery. There is a close-up cheat line and the mod "No More Standing Too Close" is a must https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/4784 .

I'm sure other stuff will turn up, too.

The Sextreme Loading Screens mod also 'comes' into its own here (as no-one else can see the loading screens... ? ).

The "View Yourself VR" mod [ https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/16809   ]  somehow breaks main quests. The author is trying to discover how, but since the mod brings up a picture of you in your current gear when opening the Inventory screen, my guess is Quest items that arrive in the Inventory are being broken (like a Dragon Claw or the Dragon Stone from Bleak Falls Barrow).

Hopefully he will have it fixed soon, because the mod is a great idea.

Archived