Stellaris Event Image Modding - Alternates Possible?

SexDwarf2250

As per title, I was looking around and wondering if it is possible to make events pull up one of random images or something like that. Didn't see anything on the wiki about it. It would be nice to find more images for some of the sexy Stellaris mod events, but I don't want to replace the existing images, either.

3 hours ago, TrueMemeLord said:

It's not possible to make events pull up with diffirent images as far as i can see. You can just ctrl+c ctrl+v your event and place diffirent images in copies and then randomise them. This is very weird solution, but it's going to work.

Ah ha, I suspected this might be the next "best" option, thanks for confirming.

I've put in some serious effort with trying to randomize images and I can tell you that (at least when using a diplomatic window) you can't do it unless you are using multiple identical events with variations in images. Its actually a little frustrating. You would think you'd be able to do it with a switch function like in CK2, but you can't. Or at least I haven't gotten it to work yet.

On 4/19/2018 at 7:20 PM, darkspleen said:

I've put in some serious effort with trying to randomize images and I can tell you that (at least when using a diplomatic window) you can't do it unless you are using multiple identical events with variations in images. Its actually a little frustrating. You would think you'd be able to do it with a switch function like in CK2, but you can't. Or at least I haven't gotten it to work yet.

That is really a shame. It would be a bit of a ducktape workaround, but I'm assuming changing image files while the game is loaded won't have any impact? You could do a file switching script to run in the background.

• 1 month later...

Late answer, I know. Nevertheless:

What you can do is move the content of the event(s) into scripted_triggers and scripted_effects. You still have to copy the event for every picture, but you won't have to change 20 events when you want to modify something (only the scripted_trigger/effect that is used by all events)

Archived