Having Trouble With Underwear Replacer

BogusKing

So here's the situation, I downloaded this underwear replacer for HGEC. I didn't want to faf about with the body swapping mod it required and just wanted it as a general replacer. I went in grabbed the files I wanted packed it all up properly and installed. It worked except for one problem. If you check the screenshots I now have texturless pubic hair floating in front of the panties. Not sure what's causing that as it's not there with the default underwear for HGEC.

Spoiler

4g6hz5.jpg303l0n5.jpg

This is what happens when you try to use mods without their respective requirements.  Install the required mods it clearly states that must be installed or don't use it.

Your only other choice is to learn enough about modding to go in and edit files to get what you want.

learn enough about modding to

Look boys and girls he figured out why people ask questions about modding.

go in and edit files to get what you want.

Exactly what I said I did.

Anyway fixed it. Seems like the lower body .nif for the normal hgec body alone had that problem. Even installing the way it was intended to be used with that other mod still had that issue. Swapped to the fighter lower body .nif and hey presto it was gone.

In your screenshot I see pubic hair without texture. Purple in game = missing texture. And missing texture can cause "floating" mesh parts.

If you want to use the normal HGEC lower body open it in NifSkope and delete the pubic hair. ( Why pubic hair with underwear ? )

1 hour ago, BogusKing said:

Look boys and girls he figured out why people ask questions about modding.

Exactly what I said I did.

Act like an ass if you want, but you asked "why" it was like that, not "how" do I fix it.  I answered the question you asked and pointed you in the direction you ended up going.

Next time, ask the question you want answered.

1 hour ago, gregathit said:

Act like an ass if you want, but you asked "why" it was like that, not "how" do I fix it.  I answered the question you asked and pointed you in the direction you ended up going.

Next time, ask the question you want answered.

I'll be nice this time. Actually reviewing my original post I realize I didn't ask a question at all, I only presented the problem. So my first mistake there. As for the why you inferred (which well done because my response would have been "you didn't ask a question"), in my mind if I knew why it was broken I could begin working on how to fix it. And I must admit yes, you did point me in a direction that led to the solution so thank you for that. I do apologize for my childish remarks as I realize I was frustrated with you for not answering a question I now realize I didn't even ask.

Purple in game = missing texture. And missing texture can cause "floating" mesh parts.

I knew it was a missing texture but didn't know that alone could cause a floating mesh.

2 hours ago, fejeena said:

( Why pubic hair with underwear ? )

Oh I have no idea. I'm still not sure why it was there in the first place.

Without looking at the nif files in question it is hard to be sure why they included the pubic hair.  It could be as simple as a mistake on the mod makers part.  Reading his modding page, he did state he had trouble with some things, which is why his mod was dependent on other mods as opposed to being standalone.  Seems odd his mod would not be standalone based on its function, but it is what it is.

The missing texture would not cause a floating mesh.  It just caused it to be purple in game.  

The fix might be as simple as opening the nif file with nifskope and deleting the pubic hair branch.  You can take a crack at it, or post the file and someone can do it for you.  Or, if you are happy with the mesh swap that you did, then you are set.

Cheers.

Missing textures can cause floating / out of place meshes/mesh parts...  It  s a bit out of place and stretched, (not as strong stretched as with bone weight problems )

I've had that in my game a few times. 

A few weeks ago I helped someone with his first Blender modified armor. All fine in Blender and NifSkope but in game the armor was stretched / deformed.
The problem was the textures. (Normal maps )
But I had the stretching also with the purple missing textures.
And some meshes with missing textures crashed my game.

Missing textures can cause different bug. Also depending on what is missing, Texture, normal map or both.

Archived