(Solved )No Wetness effect on Character, while raining

Hello dear modders, i have a little but annoying issue : when it's raining, my character is not wet, well, not the way it's supposed to be and speculars get a bit weird ( see screenshots below ). I have Vivid Weather, vivid water, WET loaded, Real water reflections ini tweaks.

Usual and working effect : https://i.imgur.com/sEOq4R1.jpg

My effects :

Does someone has an idea about it ?

20180412222136_1.jpg

20180413121335_1.jpg

3 hours ago, guk said:

Don't know anything about the mods you mentioned, but you could try to overwrite that with Wetness Shader Fix which has several degrees of "wetness" options in the installer.

Thank you for the idea comrade but it didn't work :confused: I tried to change the values of the materials, wet power etc, nothing... Exept more strange things .

It's like the effect doesn't "want" to appears completly. Some effect are there, but not the reflections that are normally there too. That's weird .

I don't think anymore it is from the BGSM material files and either from the INI, deleted mines and replaced by new ones and it did nothing. Same with ENB, it's not from that either ><

So it is maybe from my mods but i didn't figured wich one, here is my load order ( don't know how to share it in another way than Screenies, if someone knows, don't hesitate ^^ )

5ad0e69e5de12_DesktopScreenshot2018_04.13-19_18_20_89.thumb.png.a179fc4c52718391c2393c4289d935bd.png5ad0e69d24406_DesktopScreenshot2018_04.13-19_18_16_45.thumb.png.7c4303c9298625566728021bbded8b3e.png5ad0e69bce391_DesktopScreenshot2018_04.13-19_18_12_63.thumb.png.e633984f17012e9331a5a80a8952e2df.png5ad0e69a0e442_DesktopScreenshot2018_04.13-19.18_04_77.thumb.png.d1a0595db7cdc8a47a0dae17edd53bd4.png

Some custom skintones don't show as much wetness as others do . The material files can affect this though . So if you're using a CBBE based skintone then make sure you're using the latest CBBE.esp ( so that the back of the neck/head fix is based in the esp ) and archive any CBBE skin material files you have by renaming them ( by adding BACKUP to the beginning of the filenames or something ) but don't delete them just in case so that the game uses it's default material files for the skin rather than the custom ones . 

1 hour ago, Bruce Banner said:

Some custom skintones don't show as much wetness as others do . The material files can affect this though . So if you're using a CBBE based skintone then make sure you're using the latest CBBE.esp ( so that the back of the neck/head fix is based in the esp ) and archive any CBBE skin material files you have by renaming them ( by adding BACKUP to the beginning of the filenames or something ) but don't delete them just in case so that the game uses it's default material files for the skin rather than the custom ones . 

I'm using CBBE only for the player model by using Unique Player and Unique Skin CBBE, do i have to do something maybe in FO4 edit ? Because i don't have the CBBE.esp, for the other NPC's, i'm using EVB.

I tried with the vanilla materials, it shines a bit more when there is a light ( not the sun ) next to the model but it's not really working the way it's supposed to .

20180413214508_1.thumb.jpg.b7b73728bbc8d1dcf86f641947d4f3fc.jpg20180413214527_1.thumb.jpg.6677b83626b0379e6b38e337d298a663.jpg

Something funny just happened, i deleted the 2 ESP from this mod : https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/9348

And when i'm loading a save, the wet effects are perfectly there. That sucks xD But if i'd like to keep them both, What in the ESP should i change to not fuck up the wet effect ?

I you don't know, the Unique player gives unique hand, body and face meshes . The 2 others that i deleted did change the back of the head, ( the rear?) so it uses custom meshes and textures too .

Here are the ESp's, if someone wanna check .

Unique_Skin_Textures_CBBE.esp

UniquePlayer.esp

PresetFemale1_Override_CBBE.esp

Well, after a lot of tests, it's not those mods either ><

Sometimes, it's completly random i think, the effect are there but most of the time no. Maybe the graphical memory doesn't load the effects because of the HD textures or the ENB ? I don't know XD

Just an advice, don't use the original Unique Player mod, it's outdated and it doesn't have face textures, and I don't think you need that Unique Skin Textures mod either, use the Unique Player Redux mod instead, it's way better than those two that you're using and it has everything you need, unique textures (body/hands/face) and meshes (body/hands) just for you character, you can customize followers the same way, and you can even choose the plugin(s) you want to use.

36 minutes ago, EdinMG said:

Just an advice, don't use the original Unique Player mod, it's outdated and it doesn't have face textures, and I don't think you need that Unique Skin Textures mod either, use the Unique Player Redux mod instead, it's way better than those two that you're using and it has everything you need, unique textures (body/hands/face) and meshes (body/hands) just for you character, you can customize followers the same way, and you can even choose the plugin(s) you want to use.

Thank you  EdinMG but i know this mod :smile: The grotesque mix that i have give me a way to change the Headhumanrear ( back of the head ) meshes/texture + all the other parts. Like this, i have complete customization.

Of course, i had to tweak one or two things in the ESP's, but it works perfectly. By the way, i tried Unique Player Redux and the problem of wetness stays xD I really don't know what to do xD

Now other thing i discovered 1 hour ago ;

I have SpitFire ( enhanced muzzle FX)     , I deleted it and  load a save The effects of  wetness works perfectly... but this mod has nothing to do with that, i checked in the ESP . Next time i load, doesn't work anymore, just wtf ? xD That starts to be more like a riddle than an eventual bug lol   It looks like sometimes it works, sometimes not.

Just now, EdinMG said:

Don't know if you actually used the Unique Player Redux mod but it also has the femalebhed textures (diffuse, normal and specular), so you can customize the Headhumanrear textures to your hearts content.

Oh yes, it does!  i just tried it lol Well, thank you i didn't know about it :smile: i think i confused with another mod.

SOLVED :smile: I just had to put the lines of those ini's : https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/2208

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/808/?

and this line  in Fallout4.ini :

before:

sResourceDataDirsFinal=

after:

sResourceDataDirsFinal=STRINGS\, TEXTURES\, INTERFACE\, SOUND\, MUSIC\, VIDEO\, MESHES\, PROGRAMS\, MATERIALS\, LODSETTINGS\, VIS\, MISC\, SCRIPTS\, SHADERSFX\

Sort my load order with Loot and everything works correctly now, the wetness effects are back to normal. So if someone has the same issue, try all of this xD

Thank you all for your help all along, you are great ! :smiley:

eeeh, by the way, can a moderator  set this topic " solved " please ? i don't know how to do it myself^^

Did you try this with vanilla equipment?

Because i was making some screenshots at night when it started raining, and i noticed that the wetness shader was displaying on the KS Hairdos but not on the character's legs and outfit (Lara's Wetsuit). So perhaps the mods are missing the BGSM files for rain or something like that.

Archived